Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone even begin to imagine Rice's stats if his teams averaged around 150 more pass attempts per season like Moss' teams did?
Rabscuttle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do I have to root for the Ravens now? Thanks a lot Culliver, you asshole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm not sure, I think of Moss almost as a Barry Sanders type who was basically unstoppable, whereas I think of Rice as an Emmitt Smith type of consistent compiler over a long career. I think if we flipped the circumstances (Rice plays for the teams Moss played for and vice versa), we're not even having this conversation though. We saw what Moss could do in 2007 with Brady, and Rice played with elite quarterbacks for far longer; Moss essentially missed out on some of his prime years playing with guys like Kerry Collins and Matt Cassel. Moss with Montana/Young would have outproduced Rice with Moss' quarterbacks.
Barry Sanders had terrible games and accumulated negative yardage because his OL was terrible outside of Lomas Brown, and the defenders would be on his ass as soon as he took the hand-off. If you watch him at OSU, he spent a lot less time dancing around in the backfield, because he didn't have to run for his life in the backfield.

I'm a Randy Moss apologist, but when he sucked, it was because he just didn't give a damn. He only went through the motions for an entire season with the Raiders. We all watched him just jog through the season for 553 yards and 3 touchdowns during his prime.

Last edited by WCH : 01-30-2013 at 09:06 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Do I have to root for the Ravens now? Thanks a lot Culliver, you asshole.
He's from Philadelphia, what did you expect?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting more and more excited each passing day. These last 10 days have gone by so slowly, still 4 days left!
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like the Emmitt Smith to Rice comparison at all.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm not sure, I think of Moss almost as a Barry Sanders type who was basically unstoppable, whereas I think of Rice as an Emmitt Smith type of consistent compiler over a long career. I think if we flipped the circumstances (Rice plays for the teams Moss played for and vice versa), we're not even having this conversation though. We saw what Moss could do in 2007 with Brady, and Rice played with elite quarterbacks for far longer; Moss essentially missed out on some of his prime years playing with guys like Kerry Collins and Matt Cassel. Moss with Montana/Young would have outproduced Rice with Moss' quarterbacks.
Yea, we saw what Moss could do with an elite QB.... Set the touchdown catch record. Jerry did that too, but in 12 games.

Randy Moss was my favorite football player and idol for most of my growing years as a football fan. But come on, Randy also had a lot of years with great QB play, that people tend to blank out of memory.

It's not like he only played 1 year with Tom Brady. People are pretending he'd put up 23 touchdowns every year if he had Brady. Randy never had the drive, on and off the field to do that year in and year out. Jerry Rice did, that's why he's better to have. He's the best receiver, every game, every year.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Moss.

Kiper gets jabbed for his Mike Williams ranking but Dr. Z went full Zoidberg with this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...04/14/z_picks/

Quote:
Note: If you're looking for Marshall's all-world Randy Moss, you won't find him in this list, even if it went 20 deep. Will get downfield in a hurry if they give him room, but he'll get buried by NFL-style bump and run.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did Randy leave the Pats again? anyone? He had a great qb, why did he flake out?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to Ed Reed on the Rich Eisen podcast. Apparently a lot of people come up to him and believe he was on the 2000 Ravens team.

"Go get yourself another ring boy."

That must be kind of annoying.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Speaking of Moss.

Kiper gets jabbed for his Mike Williams ranking but Dr. Z went full Zoidberg with this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...04/14/z_picks/
I don't really remember it, but the UNC defense must have been nasty in 1997.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Why did Randy leave the Pats again? anyone? He had a great qb, why did he flake out?
He was traded for 2 reasons. Firstly, he started talking ore which may have irked Belichick, although Brady, Wilfork, Faulk etc still swear by the guy saying he was a brilliant teammate. And secondly, his play had dropped but Brady was still looking Randy's way too often. I think at that stage Belichick wanted to incorporate the two 2 TEs more but having Randy there detracted from that. Rightly or wrongly Belichick wanted to move to more of a horizontal style attack and Randy didn't offer much in that role. I also think it's fair to say now that Randy isn't Randy. He still shows glimpses but he hasn't been the same player for about 3 years

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
He was traded for 2 reasons. Firstly, he started talking ore which may have irked Belichick, although Brady, Wilfork, Faulk etc still swear by the guy saying he was a brilliant teammate. And secondly, his play had dropped but Brady was still looking Randy's way too often. I think at that stage Belichick wanted to incorporate the two 2 TEs more but having Randy there detracted from that. Rightly or wrongly Belichick wanted to move to more of a horizontal style attack and Randy didn't offer much in that role. I also think it's fair to say now that Randy isn't Randy. He still shows glimpses but he hasn't been the same player for about 3 years
The trade had nothing to do with his play and Bill wanted to keep the offense he had.

Randy went straight diva, homie.

Randy forced his way out and refused to talk extension because Bill didn't approach him about it early enough. He felt disrespected. He demanded a trade. He started pouting and acting passive-aggressive.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-31-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's going to fumble every time holding the ball like that.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving the Chris Culliver story. What a piece of **** that guy is.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm loving the Chris Culliver story. What a piece of **** that guy is.
Just the kind of news to brighten your day, Caddy.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Culliver gets suspended. Can they even do that?

Has the NFL even commented on it?

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-31-2013 at 06:27 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Just the kind of news to brighten your day, Caddy.
I'm not sure why this would brighten someones day. If anything it is sad that there are still people who are stupid enough to say things like this openly. If you want to hate *** people that is your prerogative, but keep it to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I hope Culliver gets suspended. Can they even do that?
I don't think he should be suspended, unless there is something like 'bringing the sport into disrepute' which exists in a lot of Australian sports, especially cricket.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL won't suspend him but the 49ers can and might bench him as a team matter. It's a big deal for the team, but its also the superbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't think he should be suspended, unless there is something like 'bringing the sport into disrepute' which exists in a lot of Australian sports, especially cricket.
If it was a white player saying "nah I don't do black folk. don't want no black players on our team" wouldn't he get suspended though? I don't see what the difference is here.

And yeah I was thinking about other sports. Like how Suarez got banned for being racist to Evra.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
If it was a white player saying "nah I don't do black folk. don't want no black players on our team" wouldn't he get suspended though? I don't see what the difference is here.

And yeah I was thinking about other sports. Like how Suarez got banned for being racist to Evra.
Free speech, 'merica!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Racism and homophobia aren't comparable as taboos, regardless of your personal beliefs.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Racism and homophobia aren't comparable as taboos, regardless of your personal beliefs.
Why aren't they comparable?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why aren't they comparable?
Because many, many more people agree with the gist of Culliver's beliefs on homosexuality than people agree with racism. You can say that they shouldn't, its just as bad as racism, whatever have you, but that doesn't change the fact that very sizable part of our population has a general disdain for homosexuality. While they may not fully agree with Culliver, they understand his reasoning. And when a decently large proportion of the population is even marginally agreeing with your argument, it becomes a lot less controversial, a lot less taboo.

So while Culliver's comments are controversial, when it comes to public backlash and opinion, they aren't nearly as bad as some statement that blacks shouldn't be allowed in the locker room would be.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote