Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Alex Smith be next season
Buffalo 5 4.63%
Cleveland 10 9.26%
Kansas City 47 43.52%
Jacksonville 6 5.56%
Arizona 25 23.15%
NY Jets 10 9.26%
Other: Who 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn SWDC hating on the 9er fan base again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Andy Reid: ok, ok, Jim! You Drive a HARD BARGAIN. Our 1st round pick AND I'll throw in Eric Berry as well.

Jim Harbaugh: No deal, fat man. I need another pick too.

Andy Reid: Sigh. Ok, our 2014 2nd round pick too! NOW do we have a deal?

Jim Harbaugh: That's more like it. DEAL.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Wow, that would really be awful for the Chiefs if they have to cough up anything higher than a 3rd round pick for Alex Smith.

That would be downright disastrous if San Fran can somehow wrangle the #1 overall pick out of Kansas City for Alex Smith, but I could see it happening. The 49ers front office says something like "Well you'd draft a worse QB like Geno with that pick anyway and you really want our guy sooo"
This is right up there with the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
If the Chiefs trade the number one overall pick for Smith, everybody should be fired. Team president, general manager, head coach, waterboy. Everybody! That would be dumber than sticking your dick in a bug zapper.
Don't knock it until you've tried it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I do agree that any thing more then a 3rd is over paying. Fans need to realize won't ever get the number one overall pick for Smith. He is just not that great right now. Plus his lake of arm strength is terrible.
As opposed to an ocean of arm strength?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His lack or arm strength is terrible.

So it is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
His lack or arm strength is terrible.

So it is good?
Lake. Not Lack. Get with the program, man.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes I think some of our fanbase on here have to be like 12 or 13. I find it hard to see a grown man thinking some of this **** up

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Wow, that would really be awful for the Chiefs if they have to cough up anything higher than a 3rd round pick for Alex Smith.

That would be downright disastrous if San Fran can somehow wrangle the #1 overall pick out of Kansas City for Alex Smith, but I could see it happening. The 49ers front office says something like "Well you'd draft a worse QB like Geno with that pick anyway and you really want our guy sooo"

So it isn't a wasted post. I think we are going to see Smith go for a 3rd I'd be surprised if it was anything more than that. It makes me wonder how far Geno falls if he isn't taken #1.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per 49ers' beat writer Mattt Maiocco...

Quote:
With an expected 14 draft picks for the upcoming draft, the 49ers are expected to ask that any compensation for Smith come in the form of pick(s) in 2014.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...s-indianapolis
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well damn I guess that they are not being picky about adding another 15th pick for this year . Why the heck not? I guess we're loading up now for next draft.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
The Chiefs on the other hand have suffered from mediocre QB play the last 30 years, and have yet to go out and try to get somebody that could change the franchise. I don't see Alex Smith taking them anywhere that a Geno Smith couldn't. If you let Albert walk, and draft Luke Joeckel, how much different are you as a team? You've let a proven top LT walk to just draft someone to take his place, who is around the same talent.
Trent Green would like a word with you.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Green was good, not great, and he still wasn't drafted by the Chiefs. Yeah, you're technically right, but if Trent Green is the best QB we've had here in a good number of years there is a problem. And he is, and we do have a problem.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
This is right up there with the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.
I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, but regardless it still makes what you said 100% true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ers-alex-smith

Please Arizona, please save me. Please.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fun fact: if the browns get alex smith, they will have a set of two players with the same name or very similar names (andre and andra davis) for the first time since the mid-2000s.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ers-alex-smith

Please Arizona, please save me. Please.
Perhaps Arizona kicking the tires will result in Kansas City sweetening the trade.

;)
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

most likely just a negotiating tactic for Kolb but sucks that it may drive up the price if KC doesn't get Foles

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well **** me.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well **** me.
Now will you still be getting pissed at everyone who suggests the Chiefs won't draft a QB at 1?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the Chiefs. **** them.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...

From @timkawakami via Twitter
Quote:
"An NFL source says that the framework of the deal is that the 49ers will get a No. 2 pick this year and a similar pick in the 2014 draft."
You've got to be kidding me.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's for a 4th like was reported, I don't buy that it will deter what they do with the #1 overall pick. Considering what Kolb and Cassell got, and even Schaub, that's worth not spending a 1st on one. But you really want to spend a 4th on a game manager at QB and pass up any chance at a franchise guy? Seems stupid.

I like it if they take Geno at #1 for some reason, I know rookies come out ready to play but it can't do anything but help him out. Just baffles me that a team who hasn't taken a QB in the 1st round in forever, and just had a situation like this completely blow up in their face with Cassell, they want to do the same thing over again because Geno isn't perfect.

Now watch Geno go 7 to Arizona and Arians make him look great in his offense, because somehow he's worth the value at #7 overall but not #1? This has the look of something that will blow up in their face if they don't draft a QB.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two 2s for Alex Smith. Wow.

I don't think Alex Smith is that guy, but apparently Reid does.
If Alex Smith can't come in this season and play like the vet that he is and jumpstart the Chiefs offense, this could really blow up in Reid's face.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
So...

From @timkawakami via Twitter

You've got to be kidding me.
Yea right. I'm sorry but I just cannot believe that until it's reported. That's the most ridiculous thing ever. This is what happens when your so happy to have a new Head Coach and give him GM control. I wonder if they discussed this in the interview process, because if I got any idea this was something he was considering it would have been on to the next one.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I can't even think straight right now. If it's really for #34 this year and a 2nd next year, I don't see how anyone can get behind that.

In related news, the Chiefs have just been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG. I'm so sorry Chief fans. I'm here for ya buddies! This is awful news if you're a Chiefs fan.