Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Alex Smith be next season
Buffalo 5 4.63%
Cleveland 10 9.26%
Kansas City 47 43.52%
Jacksonville 6 5.56%
Arizona 25 23.15%
NY Jets 10 9.26%
Other: Who 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I agree with you. I don't think, even if the Chiefs keep Bowe, this was a good trade for them. I just don't think it is as god-awful as others do, especially considering the recent Kolb and Palmer trades.
The Raiders and the Cardinals.. two teams you don't want to be lumped in with when discussing QBs, haha.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well getting Smith so they can just take whoever they like to develop somewhere in the draft i can understand. But giving up a high second and an 2nd/3rd next year is just way to much.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Raiders and the Cardinals.. two teams you don't want to be lumped in with when discussing QBs, haha.
I agree with that, too. On a scale of 1-10, ten being an excellent trade and 1 being awful for the Chiefs, I give the Chiefs a solid 5. The Raiders and the Cardinals were most definitely 1's. At least Smith has proven he can be good and is in his prime/on the way up. Kolb had proven nothing and Palmer was clearly declining.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 5?? Dafuq??? Oakland deserves a 1 but **** that KC deserves no higher than a 3

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'd rather have Alex Smith than Carson Palmer, so there is that I guess.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not an average trade. This is an absolutely terrible trade.

Gtfo with that 5.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't but we're already stuck with the ****** but in the end a win or two don't make a huge difference when you're a bottom feeder.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah and you could have Ryan Fitzpatrick and his sweet contract if you want?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Yeah and you could have Ryan Fitzpatrick and his sweet contract if you want?
Only if you take Tyson Jackson and is even sweeter contract.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Only if you take Tyson Jackson and is even sweeter contract.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
A 5?? Dafuq??? Oakland deserves a 1 but **** that KC deserves no higher than a 3
Yes, let's all say this before Alex Smith has played a single game as a Chief.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yes, let's all say this before Alex Smith has played a single game as a Chief.
They're talking about the trade compensation itself. It's very easy to judge that before a game has been played.

No one in their right minds thinks giving up a 2/future 3(or 2) for Alex Smith is a good deal. No one. Not even the homeriest of 49er fans.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find more than three QBs that have succeeded in their second teams in recent memory (not counting draft day trades).

Matt Schaub
Kurt Warner
Jay Cutler

is there anyone else?

For every one success story there are two failures.

McNabb
Flynn
Rex Grossman
Kolb
Tebow
Young

I know I'm missing a few. In short if they are willing to get rid of him they aren't likely to be that great anyway.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And changing offensive systems is pretty overrated of an excuse as well. Jay Cutler has had 5 different offenses in the past 5 years. Or is it 6? I forget exactly how many.

But he's doing just fine.
Jay Cutler 2008-2011

Alex Smith 2008-2011

Including last 2 years Cutler stays flat and Smith jumps up.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Smith's receivers in the playoffs weren't much better. Vernon Davis was the only threat they had. Crabtree sucked in 2011, and he played particularly poorly in the playoffs.
Do you really want to argue:

Chris Chambers
Tony Moeaki
Terrence Copper
Leonard Pope

VERSUS

Michael Crabtree
Kyle Williams
Ted Ginn Jr.
Delanie Walker
Josh Morgan
Braylon Edwards
(there's more on the 49ers side? I know!)
???
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Pioli (of all people ) said that the compensation hasn't been finalized. How he even knows is beyond me, but it would be glorious if instead of a second round pick this year they got a third. Or fourth.
Apparently he's neighbors with Andy and they talk every day.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Do you really want to argue:

Chris Chambers
Tony Moeaki
Terrence Copper
Leonard Pope

VERSUS

Michael Crabtree
Kyle Williams
Ted Ginn Jr.
Delanie Walker
Josh Morgan
Braylon Edwards
(there's more on the 49ers side? I know!)
???
Are we just assuming Dwayne Bowe isn't going to be back with the Chiefs? Also, only two of the guys you listed are even good now. Edwards sucked outside of one season and Williams and Ginn aren't good receivers. Morgan was average but hurt in the playoffs. Crabtree and Walker were average in 2011, at best.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 02-27-2013 at 06:44 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Smith's 2011 season was nearly identical to Cassel's season so I'm not sure what exactly you are arguing.

Yards: Smith +28
TDs: Cassel +10

I say Cassel has the pretty clear advantage there. You talk about Cassel completing under 60%. Smith only complete 61%. The difference over the entire season? About 14 completions. Pretty negligible. And Cassel had a better rating.
This is the 2011 season.

If Brady had 49ers dropped pass rate

Completion % goes from...
65.6% to 61.9%

If Smith had NE dropped pass rate

Completion % goes from...
61.3% to 65.2%

Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with that, too. On a scale of 1-10, ten being an excellent trade and 1 being awful for the Chiefs, I give the Chiefs a solid 5. The Raiders and the Cardinals were most definitely 1's. At least Smith has proven he can be good and is in his prime/on the way up. Kolb had proven nothing and Palmer was clearly declining.
LOL! Chiefs effed up this trade so bad. This is not a situation where the Chiefs can be considered to break even. Chiefs get a 2.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Apparently he's neighbors with Andy and they talk every day.
So, Scott talked Reid in to making the same mistake he did? Awesome...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else find this slightly ironic after Reid pulled the rug on so many teams over the years with QBs for 2nd rounders?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Smith would've gone to a super bowl if he completed a pass to a wide receiver that game. Or was able to move the ball down the field.

Cool. He torched one of the most horrendous pass defenses in the league. I'm not discrediting that game and Smith balled like a mofo. We're not saying he's horrendous (or i'm not). He's average. Painfully mediocre. NOT worth a 2nd rounder. His upside is limited. THAT's what's going on here.
Had Crabtree caught the four balls that he dropped, Smith would have completed more balls to receivers. Crabtree couldn't catch a cold that game, he dropped 4 first downs. And the Giant's D was pretty damn good that year, they shut down the Patriots.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Does anyone else find this slightly ironic after Reid pulled the rug on so many teams over the years with QBs for 2nd rounders?
I think the flip side is Reid feels he knows what he can do with a 2nd round type of veteran QB, and he likes that option better than any of the QBs in this draft.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You know how bad this trade is?

I haven't gotten a legitimate answer to my question of how Alex Smith is any different to Matt Cassel.

Matt Cassel.

If Smith was any good, we'd have 10 pages worth of reasons. Bc Cassel blows balls.

But we don't even have a single legitimate answer yet.

That's how bad this trade is.
You want to know why Smith is better than Cassel? It's simple. Cassel is regressing and Smith is improving. Maybe at their primes, they're similar players, but just look at the seasons Cassel has had since 2010. He has been absolutely horrendous.

I can't believe you're actually trying to argue this. Why not just bring back Donovan McNabb, I heard he had an MVP-type season back in the day. C'mon man.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Are we just assuming Dwayne Bowe isn't going to be back with the Chiefs? Also, only two of the guys you listed are even good now. Edwards sucked outside of one season and Williams and Ginn aren't good receivers. Morgan was average but hurt in the playoffs. Crabtree and Walker were average in 2011, at best.
I let you have Vernon Davis while I keep Dwayne Bowe.

And I'll take average receivers any day of the week over receivers so bad there's no point in even putting them out on the field even when you have no one else.

Two more average receivers and the Chiefs have a chance to beat the Ravens in 2010. That's kinda the point.