Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Booger
Veteran

Booger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mock Draft 2 of 3

I did a mid FA mock, and will do one more a lot closer to the draft. It seems like we havent had a mock to pick apart in a while, so here goes.

My previous mock (dated March 13th)

1(4) DT Amobi Okoye
2(35) C Ryan Kalil
2(64) S Eric Weddle
3(68) LaMar Woodley

Updated Mock

I believe that the top 3 will play out as follows:

1. QB JaMarcus Russell
2. LT Joe Thomas - something tells me Arizona moves up and grabs him, but he remains a possibility to go this high even if Detroit stays put.
3. QB Brady Quinn

1(4) WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech
The ultimate playmaking threat that so many Bucs fans have been craving and drooling over falls to #4. I feel that the 2 QBs will go #1 and #3 respectively, but the wildcard in this scenario is that a team trades to #2
to grab CJ. While Detroit is reported to be actively shopping the #2 pick, I dont see them trading below the likes of Washington, Minnesota, and Atlanta, all of whom will be looking at the DL. Arizona makes a perfect trading partner, as Thomas would not likely escape both Cleveland and Tampa Bay. Arizona gets their man, and Detroit will have their choice of defensive prospects. CJ is a no brainer if available.

2(35) S Brandon Meriweather Miami
While the DL is a major need, Meriweather provides too much value to pass up at this spot. I am hesitant to make this choice, as the Bucs have steered away from charcter concerns as of late. While I believe Eric Weddle would also be a solid choice, the talent gap between the two is huge. Meriweather has been ranked as high as #20 overall in this draft (Mayock), and could start day 1 in place of Will Allen at FS.

2(64) DE Victor Abiamiri Notre Dame
The first Senior Bowl player taken, and a great value at the end of the 2nd round. DE is a huge need on this team, and Abiamiri would be a great start.

3(68) DE/DT Ray McDonald Florida
Another much needed addition to the DL, and McDonald is one of the few players in this draft who would project to a Tampa UT. Has health concerns, but a great value in round 3.

4(98) OG/C Josh Beekman Boston College
The final piece of the re-built offensive line. Beekman is reportedly being heavily scouted by the Bucs, and he will likely project to the C that this team really needs. Hopefully Wade has one more season left, as Beekman may need a year to make the transition.

Last edited by Booger : 04-02-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any of those players will reach your projected spots, LOL!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope they do, that would be a sick mock
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love you

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 AM    (permalink
BunMagnet2

How come nobody sees the need for us to take LaRon Landry???? i mean has no1 seen our passing defense who the "hell" is Will Allen???? all he's ever done is dissapoint starting with trying to end MaGahee's career...4get a DT we always turn nobody's into something at DT....we could pick up a DT in the second or somin...right now i'm tired of seeing these terrible safety's we have..doesn't anybody agree with me ???
Old 04-03-2007, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunMagnet2 View Post
How come nobody sees the need for us to take LaRon Landry???? i mean has no1 seen our passing defense who the "hell" is Will Allen???? all he's ever done is dissapoint starting with trying to end MaGahee's career...4get a DT we always turn nobody's into something at DT....we could pick up a DT in the second or somin...right now i'm tired of seeing these terrible safety's we have..doesn't anybody agree with me ???
Yeh, because the best DT the Bucs have probably ever had wasn't drafted in the first round, aka Sapp. DT's are more important for a Cover 2 defense than a S. It is a fact and the sooner people understand it the better. What is the problem with Merriweather or Weddle anyway?

Old 04-03-2007, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Three Step Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Yeh, because the best DT the Bucs have probably ever had wasn't drafted in the first round, aka Sapp. DT's are more important for a Cover 2 defense than a S. It is a fact and the sooner people understand it the better. What is the problem with Merriweather or Weddle anyway?
I thought Sapp was drafted in the 1st round in 1995 along with Derrick Brooks ?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Step Drop View Post
I thought Sapp was drafted in the 1st round in 1995 along with Derrick Brooks ?
He was being sarcastic, but welcome to the forum!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Three Step Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
He was being sarcastic, but welcome to the forum!
Thanks -

Reading the post again I can see the sarcasm in the post. Must drink more coffee before posting :)
Old 04-03-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Step Drop View Post
Thanks -

Reading the post again I can see the sarcasm in the post. Must drink more coffee before posting :)
Don't worry about me mate, I use a lot of sarcasm most of which doesn't get picked up ;).