Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-02-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Darrell Jackson

There is all kinds of talk of him being traded either before or on draft day, and most reports say it would only take a mid round pick to get him. Now I know he is injury proned and drops a few too many passes sometimes, but for a 4th or 5th round pick (I have heard this as the asking price), don't you think it would be well worth it considering the alternatives at WR for us?

Just a thought . . . we do have 4 5th rounders after all.

That being said, he probably ends up elsewhere (SF or NO), but it's hard to believe we wouldn't have a look at him.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did have 10 TD's last year. I just wouldnt trade a day one pick for him. Maybe a fourth, but I would really like to trade one of the fifths.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
There is all kinds of talk of him being traded either before or on draft day, and most reports say it would only take a mid round pick to get him. Now I know he is injury proned and drops a few too many passes sometimes, but for a 4th or 5th round pick (I have heard this as the asking price), don't you think it would be well worth it considering the alternatives at WR for us?

Just a thought . . . we do have 4 5th rounders after all.

That being said, he probably ends up elsewhere (SF or NO), but it's hard to believe we wouldn't have a look at him.
I agree we could use him. However, Martz probably won't like the fact that his hands are questionable once in a while. His offense is predicated on one word; Execution.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but signing him would move Furrey to the slot like he wanted all along. It would cost us our 4th, but it would completely eliminate the need for a WR in the draft.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but signing him would move Furrey to the slot like he wanted all along. It would cost us our 4th, but it would completely eliminate the need for a WR in the draft.
Yeah I think he would be better than any WR we could draft in the fourth. Except I think our pick in the fourth round should be a good one. We could get a good prospect who slipped out of the first day.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

id love it, id give up multiple day 2 picks in order to get him, with furrey and mcdonald in the slot and Williams and Jackson on the outside we'd have one of the better WR corps in the league IMO

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
id love it, id give up multiple day 2 picks in order to get him, with furrey and mcdonald in the slot and Williams and Jackson on the outside we'd have one of the better WR corps in the league IMO
WR corps don't mean nothin' without proper O-Line and a QB who can avoid throwing the ball towards the defense.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
WR corps don't mean nothin' without proper O-Line and a QB who can avoid throwing the ball towards the defense.
True, but we aren't gonna get all of that using day two picks.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure Jackson is what you need. He's not the legit deep push guy to loosen coverage on Roy. That said, if you could get him for a 4th, it'd be worth it.

I can't see Seattle doing it for a 4th, though. Would they really be sold enough on Deion Branch, DJ Hackett, Bobby Engram, Nate Burleson, and a rookie? Their window is still open, and that's an awfully big risk, consideirng they lack a first to get a top tier receiver. Although, if they love Pollard as much as they make it sound, then maybe they go WR instead of TE early.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I'm not sure Jackson is what you need. He's not the legit deep push guy to loosen coverage on Roy. That said, if you could get him for a 4th, it'd be worth it.

I can't see Seattle doing it for a 4th, though. Would they really be sold enough on Deion Branch, DJ Hackett, Bobby Engram, Nate Burleson, and a rookie? Their window is still open, and that's an awfully big risk, consideirng they lack a first to get a top tier receiver. Although, if they love Pollard as much as they make it sound, then maybe they go WR instead of TE early.
the tiny voices in my head are whispering 'CJ, CJ, CJ'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
True, but we aren't gonna get all of that using day two picks.
exactly, we might as well use these late picks to acquire a veteran and improve an important area of our team

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote