Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2nd Nas mock, post senior bowl - 2 rounds/comments

1. KC - Geno Smith - I think this one is a lock unless his workouts and interviews are a disaster. He's the best fit for Reid's offense.

2. Jax - Star Lotulei - They need an anchor to build that defense around and he's probably the best defensive player around. They have some interesting rush ends that could be productive with a dominant DT drawing double teams in the middle.

3. Oakland - Bjoern Werner - A high motor pass rusher would be a great way to start rebuilding that defense. They could go Moore here, but Werner is more complete.

4. Philly - Luke Joeckel - I don't know what happens with Peters exactly, but they need to fix the OL and Joeckel is a long term solution at the most important spot. He's a Joe Thomas type. They go QB only if Geno is there IMO.

5. Detroit - Damontre Moore - They clearly believe in the wide 9. They just hired Jim Washburn after all. I don't love it, but if you are going to run it, you need some good speed rushers at DE. Moore is a fantastic fit. I like Millner a lot as an NFCN CB, but there are really good DBs available in the top of round 2 this year.

6. Cleveland - Jarvis Jones - His stock is dropping a bit, but the guy's a gamer and he fits a need. Horton could really utilize this guy. He's a nice fit at SOLB opposite Sheard, as he can both cover and defend the run, as well as rush the passer obviously.

7. Arizona - Mike Glennon - His floor IMO. He's a great fit for Arians' deep passing offense. He has a nice security blanket in Fitzgerald to ease his transition too. They gotta figure out how to protect him now.

8. Buffalo - Cordarrelle Patterson - He's really rising and I think he'll blow up the combine. I think the Bills will look to snag Nassib later to groom behind Fitz. Whoever the QB is, he'll have some really nice weapons to work with.

9. NY Jets - Tyler Wilson - They have a lot of needs, but in Wilson they see a chance at a franchise QB and that trumps all. Sanchez is obviously not the answer.

10. Tennessee - Chance Warmack - I'm not moving off this one. I think its the best fit in the draft. THey've always prided themselves on good OLs before recently and they have too much invested in Johnson and Locker not to help them out. They can't have the worst interior line 3 years in a row. This guy is a potential HOFer, you never regret taking a player like that.

11. San Diego - Eric Fisher - This one's a no brainer. They are LT desperate and he's a steal here.

12. Miami - Kenny Vaccaro - He's really rising thanks to his versatility as well as his good play on an otherwise terrible defense. They make the tough call and take him over Millner.

13. Tampa Bay - Dee Millner - They jump all over Millner if he falls this far. THey are CB desperate and are thrilled to get the best in the draft.

14. Carolina - Sylvester Williams - They need DT help badly and they go with the local kid who impressed at the senior bowl by a hair over Richardson. They'll have to find Cam weapons later.

15. New Orleans - Sheldon Richardson - They need help everywhere on the DL and Richardson is the best one available here. He'll fit even if they end up switching to the 3-4.

16. St.Louis - Lane Johnson - Another guy who's shooting up the boards. He's a great fit for the Rams' hole at LT. Saffold is better suited for RT and this upgrades both spots.

17. Pittsburgh - Barkevious Mingo - They need both depth at OLB as well as a long term replacement for Harrison. They are the perfect team to develop Mingo and get the most out of his

18. Dallas - Ziggy Ansah - I think they can figure out a solid DT rotation, but they desperately need another DE to make that Kiffin D work. Ansah is a nice fit as an LDE in a 4-3.

19. NY Giants - Barrett Jones - They need OL help and Jones has the potential to help them at a number of different spots. There are CBs and DEs to be had later in the draft.

20. Chicago - DJ Fluker - They'll have to find their LT in free agency. They need help all over the OL though and Fluker could play either RT or G for them depending where they line other guys up. He's a nice fit as a rugged NFCN lineman.

21. Cincinatti - Giovanni Bernard - Perhaps a reach, but they don't have a ton of needs and a big play RB could really take them to the next level. It sounds like they plan to spend a ton this offseason, so they shouldn't lose Johnson to free agency even if they extend Atkins.

22. St.Louis - Matt Elam - Fisher likes hard hitting safeties and Mikell is due a ton of money this year. Elam will really complete a secondary that already has some nice CBs.

23. Minnesota - Shariff FLoyd - They can get WR help in free agency or a later round. Their bread and butter has always been their DL and they can't let that fall apart. FLoyd is a very good scheme fit and would look nice next to Kevin Williams

24. Indy - Keenan Allen - Yes,they need defense, but they need WR help too IMO. Avery and Hilton dropped a ton of balls and Avery is a free agent. Plus they need to groom a new #1 for the near future when Wayne is done. Allen is a stud and a steal at this point. PLus Indy has a ton of cap space and can potentially address defense as well as LT in free agency.

25, Seattle Dion Jordan - I think he's a nice fit in their D and we know they want to prioritize the pass rush. They like high upside guys

26. Green Bay - Travis Frederick - C is an issue and Frederick would be a great fit. He could also help them become a better running team. Plus he's used to that Wisconsin weather.

27. Houston - Jonathan Cooper - They need to replenish the OL and Cooper should be a perennial pro bowler in that zone blocking scheme.

28. Denver - Jonathan Hankins - I think a John Fox D needs a big nasty DT in the middle like this. He'll help keep the run D strong.

29. New England - Jonathan Banks - They need some help at CB even if Talib stays. They hope Banks can become what Dowling never did.

30. Atlanta - Zach Ertz - Sounds like Tony G is retiring and Ertz is a good fit to replace him. He's sound as both a blocker and receiver.

31. Baltimore - Alec Ogletree - They've long needed more speed and coverage ability at LB and Ogletree will be a big help there. He compliments Ellerbe well and there are enough leaders on that team to keep him on the right path.

32. San Francisco - Desmond Trufant - They can use a little depth at CB. Trufant is maybe not spectacular, but he's rock solid and a good fit for their D.

ROund 2

33. Jacksonville - Matt Barkley - They decide against QB in round 1, but Barkley is a nice get here. He isn't perfect, but he's experienced and accomplished at a big school and in a pro style offense.

34. KC - Tyler Eifert - I'm not a Moeaki fan and Eifert would be a great security blanket for Geno. He's made for Reid's offense.

35. Philly - BLidi Wreh-Wilson - They are in rough shape at CB despite thinking it was a position of strength quite recently. Wreh-Wilson is flying up the boards after the senior bowl and will continue his ascent after the combine.

36. Detroit - Khaled Holmes - I'm higher on him than most. I think he's ready to be a good starting C in this league right away. Detroit might have to let Raiola go due to cap reasons and age(though he's still solid) and if not, Holmes can play G for a year.

37. Cincinatti(from Oakland) - Khaseem Greene - They need some athleticism and playmaking at the OLB spot. Maualuga is just bad and Lawson is average and a free agent.

38. Arizona - DJ FLuker - They are desperate for OL help and FLuker will help them whether at G or RT.

39. NY Jets - Eddie Lacy - This team is nothing if they can't be physical and run the ball. Lacy is the bell cow back they've been lacking. I think he's a big upgrade on Greene.

40. Tennessee - Logan Ryan - They go back to the Rutgers CB well to try and shore up their secondary. Ryan is quickly rising and this is about where he should go.

41. Buffalo - Kevin MInter - They have to get someone who can clean up behind that talented DL. Minter is a nice fit for Pettine's defense as a downhill thumper.

42. Miami - Cornellius Carradine - They gamble on a 1st round talent, as they have 2 second rounders and really need a complimentary pass rusher across from Wake.

43. Tampa Bay - Alex Okafor - They have some good DEs, but they don't really have a true speed rusher like Okafor. They have the luxury of using him as a nickel rusher behind Clayborn for now.

44. Carolina - Deandre Hopkins - A steal considering I had them taking him in the 1st in my last mock. That's probably a bit high considering his measurables don't jump out at you. He's a great fit for them here though. Move Lafell to the 3rd WR role where he can work the middle between Hopkins and Smith.

45. San Diego - Arthur Brown - They could use a playmaker at ILB and Brown is just that. They have a really nice DL and Ingram looks like a stud at OLB

46. St.Louis - Tavon Austin - One more weapon wouldn't hurt, especially as Amendola is both injury prone and a free agent.

47. Dallas - Sam Montgomery - A perfect fit at LDE opposite Ware in the new front.

48. Pittsburgh - Stefan Taylor - I just think this is a perfect fit. He's a physical back who is also a complete player. He's the type of reliable RB Pittsburgh needs right now. They have a bunch of backups with big flaws right now.

49. NY Giants - Margus Hunt - They gamble on a big talent here, hoping he can become the new Justin Tuck. We all know they like to load up on DL.

50. Chicago - Denard Robinson - They take a gamble on adding an explosive speed element to their offense that is sorely needed.

51. Washington - Xavier Rhodes - They need CB help in the worst way.

52. Minnesota - Jordan Poyer - Winfield is getting pretty long in the tooth and you never know when Cook ends up in jail. Poyer is rock solid if not spectacular.

53. Cincinatti - David Amerson - He struggled as a senior but showed his talent as a junior. The Bengals can afford to be patient with his talent, as they have some solid vets at CB for the short term in Pac Man,Newman and Hall. Amerson could end up at S for them too.

54. Miami(from Indy) - Justin Hunter - A dynamic talent at WR with some question marks starting at his injury last year. Miami happily takes the gamble on him here.

55. Green Bay - TJ Mcdonald - An underrated safety talent, he'll be a great fit opposite Burnett in that secondary.

56. Seattle - Terrance Williams - They look to add some explosion to their

57. Houston - Dallas Thomas - He should start from day 1 at either RT or RG.

58. Denver - Larry Warford - They could use some help on the interior line.

59. New England - Denard Robinson - They're the type of team to take a shot on him IMO. He could really add an explosive element to that offense.

60. Atlanta - Datone Jones - Abraham is nearing the end and they don't have much else. They badly need a pass rushing DE.

61. Baltimore - Baccari Rambo - Reed's coming back, but probably only for one more year. They need some new blood at safety. Reed would be a great mentor for Rambo too.

62. San Francisco - Jesse Williams - The DL is getting a little thin and Williams would be a perfect addition for them at NT.

Last edited by Nastradamus : 02-01-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mingo over richardson for sure. Richardson doesnt fit our new 34 and rushing olb is even a bigger need. At olb we need a starter, on the DLine we have our starters set.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mingo terrifies me, but he could pay a huge reward. Our plug and play OLB system where it seemed any LB was a stud in it has halted as of late. Worilds, Bruce Davis, and Chris carter are all failures...i have fears that mingo could be too much like aaron maybin. I dont know, id be excited but worried

rhodes, amerson, worford, hunt, hunter, mcdonald, and jesse williams are much better picks for the steelers than taylor in round 2
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You crossed the streams

Desmond Trufant

But CB makes sense. Slot CB is where Carlos Rogers has been a sore spot.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very solid Miami draft. Our defense as a whole is actually pretty solid, not "terrible".

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be so pissed if the Bears drafted Denard Robinson. He was not good as a receiver at the Senior Bowl and he is likely better suited at running back, which we don't need. And with Marshall and Jeffery, a receiver isn't really an early need. If the Bears want to add some explosion to the offense, why not draft a legitimate receiving threat at tight end? Also, I'm not sure I love Fluker. We'd put him at guard and if that is the case, I'd rather take Cooper. Don't like this draft at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lacy over Bernard if the Bengals take a RB in the 1st.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
mingo over richardson for sure. Richardson doesnt fit our new 34 and rushing olb is even a bigger need. At olb we need a starter, on the DLine we have our starters set.
Jordan and who? Not that I hate the Mingo idea. I hope you aren't counting on someone like Sedrick Elliss though. Richardson fits any D though and do we even know they are playing a 3-4 for sure? They don't even have a DC yet.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Eddie Lacy over Bernard if the Bengals take a RB in the 1st.
Huh? No way. They have a Lacy type. They need a lightning to his thunder. Lacy's a plodder.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
You crossed the streams

Desmond Trufant

But CB makes sense. Slot CB is where Carlos Rogers has been a sore spot.
Ha, I had him going elsewhere and had his name right. Switched teams and messed it all up. My bad.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Very solid Miami draft. Our defense as a whole is actually pretty solid, not "terrible".
If that is responding to my comment on the Vaccaro selection, I was talking about Texas' D.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'd be so pissed if the Bears drafted Denard Robinson. He was not good as a receiver at the Senior Bowl and he is likely better suited at running back, which we don't need. And with Marshall and Jeffery, a receiver isn't really an early need. If the Bears want to add some explosion to the offense, why not draft a legitimate receiving threat at tight end? Also, I'm not sure I love Fluker. We'd put him at guard and if that is the case, I'd rather take Cooper. Don't like this draft at all.
I think a multi faceted type like Robinson would be pretty ideal. They don't have a speedy change of pace back and they don't have any sort of speedy slot WR either(Hester I guess but he's useless). Robinson is a playmaker and someone is going to gamble on him. The senior bowl was his first time playing WR practically, he'll get better.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Huh? No way. They have a Lacy type. They need a lightning to his thunder. Lacy's a plodder.
Lacy is 10 times better then Green Ellis. Lacy can actually run to the outside. Bernard has way to many injury concerns to take the risk on him in the 1st.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No issue with Wilson to the Jets in the first. Lacy in the second isn't a bad value, but I question his fit in Mornhinwig's offense. Think they're going to aim for a quicker/faster guy moreso than a power back, and one who's a strong pass catcher. Obviously a lot of other needs they could roll the dice on there, Carradine is an interesting option.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
mingo terrifies me, but he could pay a huge reward. Our plug and play OLB system where it seemed any LB was a stud in it has halted as of late. Worilds, Bruce Davis, and Chris carter are all failures...i have fears that mingo could be too much like aaron maybin. I dont know, id be excited but worried

rhodes, amerson, worford, hunt, hunter, mcdonald, and jesse williams are much better picks for the steelers than taylor in round 2
I never really expected those guys to become studs though.

As far as the 2nd round, I think RB is arguably their biggest need. They're the Pittsburgh Steelers, they have to be able to run the ball and they can't do that with any back on the current roster. Taylor is a perfect fit with his physicality and pass pro abilities. Get him and his Stanford buddy Decastro in the lineup and the run game will go to an all new level.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Lacy is 10 times better then Green Ellis. Lacy can actually run to the outside. Bernard has way to many injury concerns to take the risk on him in the 1st.
He's not 10X better first of all. I'm not a huge BJGE guy or anything, but he's a solid power back. Very limited though obviously, no disagreement there. The problem is, they aren't looking to replace him, they are looking to compliment him. Bernard has his issues, but he's about the only good speed back in the first round or two.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still prefer Minter or Brown over Ogletree at ILB for the Ravens. I'm higher on Greene too. Montgomery might be the best pick in that situation although it looks like you're not a fan of his.

Rambo in the second round is meh. I think that's a little too high for him and if Reed is back they should be looking elsewhere. After taking Thompson in the 4th round last year he will have two seasons of development and I think they would look to him first if Reed retires.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
He's not 10X better first of all. I'm not a huge BJGE guy or anything, but he's a solid power back. Very limited though obviously, no disagreement there. The problem is, they aren't looking to replace him, they are looking to compliment him. Bernard has his issues, but he's about the only good speed back in the first round or two.
I would take Andre Ellington over Bernard in the 2nd. You really under rating Lacy he is not just a power back. He is a all round back and that what the Bengals have been lacking for a long time.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 02-01-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
I would take Andre Ellington over Bernard in the 2nd. You really under rating Lacy he is not just a power back. He is a all round back and that what the Bengals have been lacking for a long time.
Yah I guess I just don't see it. Lacy is solid and I like that he can catch, but I don't see anything special there.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I would still prefer Minter or Brown over Ogletree at ILB for the Ravens. I'm higher on Greene too. Montgomery might be the best pick in that situation although it looks like you're not a fan of his.

Rambo in the second round is meh. I think that's a little too high for him and if Reed is back they should be looking elsewhere. After taking Thompson in the 4th round last year he will have two seasons of development and I think they would look to him first if Reed retires.
I think Ogletree is more what they need than Minter unless Ellerbe leaves.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Ogletree is more what they need than Minter unless Ellerbe leaves.
Yeah I can see that, I'm just not a big fan of Ogletree. Minter (or Te'o) isn't the asset in coverage that they would benefit from but he's not atrocious there either. The all-around package more than makes up for it in my opinion.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Cowboys picks, but we IL wasn't addressed and this is by far our biggest need.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dig your style. I still don't believe in the Patterson "top 10 hype" but pairing him with Stevie, and getting our ILB of future with Minter. Pretty Solid.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jordan and who? Not that I hate the Mingo idea. I hope you aren't counting on someone like Sedrick Elliss though. Richardson fits any D though and do we even know they are playing a 3-4 for sure? They don't even have a DC yet.
nah, ellis will be gone. last years third rounder Akiem Hicks was really damn good during last season as a rookie and after jordan he was our best Dlineman already and he is the perfect 34 DEnd. The switch has been announced by SP and quite frankly i dont agree with richardson fitting a 34. The saints havent announced the DC yet but are exclusively looking for 34 guys

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Yeah I can see that, I'm just not a big fan of Ogletree. Minter (or Te'o) isn't the asset in coverage that they would benefit from but he's not atrocious there either. The all-around package more than makes up for it in my opinion.
Thats certainly fair and they may have to let Ellerbe walk given their cap situation. Its worse than I thought.