Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Full Seven Round Mock Draft

Right now, I doubt any player desperately needed drops to pick 31. I'd be all for a trade up if the price isn't too steep but this mock revolves around a trade down.

I'm trading away our 31st pick for the 39th, 74th and 105th picks of the New York Jets, thus allowing them to move up for a QB. But you could easily pick any QB needy team as a trade partner here. I'm also giving the 49ERS two third rounders that I think will come, one compensatory and one from Cleveland for Alex Smith.

Round Two pick 39: Jesse Williams, DE/NT, Alabama

I like Williams and think he fits the mold of a 49er all over based on our current defense. A great run stuffer who I think can develop adequate pass rushing skills. Adept at playing either inside on the nose or as a five tech, I think he brings an intimidating figure and immediate impact whether it be aas a starter or backup learning from the master.

Round Two pick 61: Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers

I think he is better than this draft placement but think he could run average 40 time and drop. He is training with Revis right now and should learn a hell of a lot in that case. He is big, physical and rarely is out of place. He is a good tackler and is used to being on an island in some respects.

Round Three pick 74 (from Jets): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Raw with character concerns but big, fast and can high point a ball well. I see him having an early impact a little like Josh Gordon for the Browns last season.

Round Three pick 76 (from Carolina): Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern

People might not like the idea of drafting both Brandon and his namesake Jesse but I love it. Lack of depth in the defensive front was obvious and with Sopoaga likely gone, this pick is a smart one. I was seriously impressed with Williams in the Senior Bowl game itself, but even more so after his stellar week of practice, cementing himself as a small school gem.

Round Three pick 95: Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

A overreaction to his senior bowl week? maybe, but he is fast, dynamic and shut down good receivers in his first ever attempt and facing top D1 guys.

Round Three (Compensatory Pick): Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

I see WR as a big need still and love the idea of Swope. Solid but not spectacular, he is a reliable target who is severely underrated.

Round Four Pick 105: JJ Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern

Another small school standout and potential future starter, nice range.

Round four pick 127: Joe Kruger, DE, Utah

A bit like Jesse Williams, just looks like 49er to me, high effort, high intensi guy who can still grow.

Round Five pick 151: Kyler Reed, TE, Nebraska

Tweener prospect with good blocking skills and great speed. Nice option if Walker can't be resigned.

Round Five pick 158: Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State

Duh

Round Six pick 171: Cornelious Washington, OLB, Georgia

People want OLB depth but bear in mind that Cam Johnson and Darius Fleming are two good players who will be back next season. No need to take one higher than this.

Round Six pick 190: Washaun Ealey, RB, Jacksonville State

Big time recruit not so long ago, similar size to Gore and could pay off in long run.

7th rounders would be developmental guys, maybe a QB like Alex Carder too.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I myself would like Montori Hughes and Toilolo somewhere in the middle round. Think Toilolo with his length really adds something and i really like what i've seen from Hughes.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know the values, but that seems like a lot for the Jets to give up to move up 8 spots. That said, I love the first 3 picks. I think Williams is worth the 31st pick if he is there. Ryan and Rogers would also be great picks if they are available at the end of rds 2 and 3 as well.

Swope is a good WR, but I don't see us adding two via the draft. We'll still have Crabs, Manningham, Kyle Williams, AJ Jenkins and then Da'Rick Rogers. I guess it's possible, though. Overall, nice job.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it would be a good idea to list our picks here:

1) #31- Round 1
2) #34- Round 2 (Thanks Alex)
3) #61- Round 2
4) #74- Round 3 (From Panthers)
5) #93- Round 3
6) #128- Round 4
7) #131- Round 4 (Comp)
8) #157- Round 5 (From Colts)
9) #175- Round 6 (From Cleveland)
10) #180- Round 6 (From Dolphins)
11) #227- Round 7 (Thanks Taylor Mays)
12) #246- Round 7 (Comp)
13) #252- Round 7 (Comp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 04-07-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here goes:

1) #31- Round 1- Datone Jones - DE
2) #34- Round 2 - Justin Hunter - WR
3) #61- Round 2 - David Amerson - CB
4) #74- Round 3 - DJ Swearinger - FS
5) #93- Round 3 - Jordan Reed - TE
6) #128- Round 4 - Marcus Lattimore - RB
7) #131- Round 4 - Matt Scott - QB
8) #157- Round 5 - Marcus Davis - WR
9) #164- Round 5 - Dustin Hopkins - K
10) #180- Round 6 - Trade for a future 5th
11) #227- Round 7 - Ryan Turnley - C
12) #237- Round 7 - Sean Fisher - OLB
13) #246- Round 7 - Trade for future 6th
14) #252- Round 7 - Ray Ray Armstrong - S

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

246 can't be traded since its a compensatory pick. However here are my 7 rounds:

1 - 31 : DT Kawann Short
2 - 34 : S Jonathan Cyprien
2 - 61 : TE Vance McDonald
3 - 74 : OLB Trevardo Williams
3 - 93 : CB Bidi Wreh-Wilson
4 - 128 : WR Cobi Hamilton
4 - 131 : ILB Gerald Hodges
5 - 157 : OT Brennan Williams
5 - 164 : DT TJ Barnes
6 - 180 : WR Ace Sanders
7 - 227 : K Dustin Hopkins
7 - 237 : C Dalton Freeman
7 - 246 : S Rashard Hall
7 - 252 : QB Brad Sorensen

Used a player ranking to determine the players i could choose. Also think there will be a fair bit of trading by Baalke for either picks next year or to move up.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
246 can't be traded since its a compensatory pick. However here are my 7 rounds:

1 - 31 : DT Kawann Short
2 - 34 : S Jonathan Cyprien
2 - 61 : TE Vance McDonald
3 - 74 : OLB Trevardo Williams
3 - 93 : CB Bidi Wreh-Wilson
4 - 128 : WR Cobi Hamilton
4 - 131 : ILB Gerald Hodges
5 - 157 : OT Brennan Williams
5 - 164 : DT TJ Barnes
6 - 180 : WR Ace Sanders
7 - 227 : K Dustin Hopkins
7 - 237 : C Dalton Freeman
7 - 246 : S Rashard Hall
7 - 252 : QB Brad Sorensen

Used a player ranking to determine the players i could choose. Also think there will be a fair bit of trading by Baalke for either picks next year or to move up.
-The picks in bold are my favorite.

- As far as Cyprien goes, I'm not sure if he can play FS. He's a great SS however.

- 61 is a little high for McDonald for me.

- Hopkins goes well before 7th round imo

Good draft, fills most of our needs.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
-The picks in bold are my favorite.

- As far as Cyprien goes, I'm not sure if he can play FS. He's a great SS however.

- 61 is a little high for McDonald for me.

- Hopkins goes well before 7th round imo

Good draft, fills most of our needs.
I think there is a chance we go with Culliver at FS this year depending on how all plays out or we sign Woodson to start. In that case Cyprien will sit for 1 year behind Whitner and is the starter when his contract expires.

McDonald may be a little bit of a reach but i really like him

Every rookie K is good to me and i really can see us drafting one to see how he holds in training camp and then either keep him or keep Dawson. I see Hopkins too gone long before but following the rankings he was available so i slotted him in.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Quote:
Here goes:

1) #31- Round 1- Datone Jones - DE
2) #34- Round 2 - Justin Hunter - WR
3) #61- Round 2 - David Amerson - CB
4) #74- Round 3 - DJ Swearinger - FS
5) #93- Round 3 - Jordan Reed - TE
6) #128- Round 4 - Marcus Lattimore - RB
7) #131- Round 4 - Matt Scott - QB
8) #157- Round 5 - Marcus Davis - WR
9) #164- Round 5 - Dustin Hopkins - K
10) #180- Round 6 - Trade for a future 5th
11) #227- Round 7 - Ryan Turnley - C
12) #237- Round 7 - Sean Fisher - OLB
13) #246- Round 7 - Trade for future 6th
14) #252- Round 7 - Ray Ray Armstrong - S
Really like most of the draft only can't see us going earlier than a seventh for a kicker with Dawson signed and David Amerson is more a FS in my eyes so don't see us getting him and Swearinger would be one of them i think.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Really like most of the draft only can't see us going earlier than a seventh for a kicker with Dawson signed and David Amerson is more a FS in my eyes so don't see us getting him and Swearinger would be one of them i think.
Next season: Amerson FS, Swearinger SS? I wouldn't hate it.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Next season: Amerson FS, Swearinger SS? I wouldn't hate it.
I would, but you and I I guess will just have to agree to disagree on Swearinger.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I would, but you and I I guess will just have to agree to disagree on Swearinger.
Yup. I like Rambo too, just like Swearinger a little more. Phillip Thomas is right in there also. Between Phillip Thomas and Rambo I would have a hard time choosing.

Quote:
Closed Thread