Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Juice View Post
With all the bs going on with players getting arrested and everything, it would be nice if this story got more press then its getting. Aaron Hernandez killing a person gets way more press than someone saving an entire family, anyone else think thats messed up?
It's just sad but that's how the media works today. Watching the evening news it's almost all negative because positive things don't sell.

I'd like to see research on how this actually effects the minds of americans. I've always said If I make it rich, I'd make an all-positive news channel. Only positive and uplifting news, you can find negative crap anywhere.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's why I rarely watch the news.

Just constant negative press and horrible things is all they want to show on tv.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think they can bring it back. One of the main themes of that show was how the streets is a revolving door. One man is gone, another replaces him and so on. They showed us the development of some of these characters from an early age and how the game just keeps going.

So having that theme in mind, it's easy to keep it going with a new set of characters. A new cast will take a couple of episodes to catch your attention but the scripts are so well written that I think it could work.

Or maybe do a different city. I think LA would be a good option bc of the gang storylines.

I think it would have to still be in baltimore because Simon got his career started off as a crime writer for the Baltimore sun. He had other successful hits in the book homocide and the corner. A lot of the things that occured were things that happened in baltimore. Now I think about it. Jamal Lewis did buy kilos of coke for his friend so some how working the ravens or orioles into it would be good. U could give mcnulty a job as a security guard or something with the sports team to keep the main character in the loop.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think it would have to still be in baltimore because Simon got his career started off as a crime writer for the Baltimore sun. He had other successful hits in the book homocide and the corner. A lot of the things that occured were things that happened in baltimore. Now I think about it. Jamal Lewis did buy kilos of coke for his friend so some how working the ravens or orioles into it would be good. U could give mcnulty a job as a security guard or something with the sports team to keep the main character in the loop.
I heard Simon was considering a 6th season focusing on Latino gangs but he said he didn't know enough about that area to write a good story.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep thinking I am clicking on the television thread with these Wire flashbacks
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I saw that too. He doesn't need the money I'm sure he made enough from the wire, homicide, the corner and treme. And could get a journalist job at any newspaper in the nation so he figured just stop at perfection.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Juice View Post
With all the bs going on with players getting arrested and everything, it would be nice if this story got more press then its getting. Aaron Hernandez killing a person gets way more press than someone saving an entire family, anyone else think thats messed up?
The media has been doing this for years and years. At least the American media. It's really a sad state of affairs.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 07-24-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delanie Walker hurt his knee in spring training. Dang. Didn't even know that.

Quote:
Two new members of the Titans will be held out of the team’s practices to start training camp.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that tight end Delanie Walker and wide receiver Kevin Walter will both start camp on the physically unable to perform list. They’re free to come off that list at any time, but aren’t permitted to take part in full practices until they do and they aren’t permitted to go back on the training camp or regular season versions of the list once they do.

Walker hurt his knee during spring work and had a scope to repair the damage. Walter had arthroscopic surgery on his back and didn’t practice during the June round of OTAs as a result. Walter is expected to fill a depth role in the team’s receiving corps while Walker is being counted on as the starting tight end, so any extended absence on his part would leave the Titans thinner than they’d like.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-on-pup-list/

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-24-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I still think Goldson is overrated. I was never a huge fan. I like him as a SS but not as my guy covering the deep middle.
this is true. I never understood why he played FS and not SS. He is the protoypical SS. And I think he is damn good in coverage with very underrated ball skills, but putting him out in centerfield is playing against his strengths because you want him attacking the line of scrimmage and sitting in short zones ready to make plays and blow up receivers. All that being said, I still think Goldson is the best safety in the game. Ive been saying it for the past couple years and I still believe it. Hes in his prime and is now better than guys like Troy and Ed, and Ill take him over whoever else u wanna bring up - earl thomas, jairus byrd, eric weddle, thomas decoud, williams moore...
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
this is true. I never understood why he played FS and not SS..
Because Donte Whitner can't play FS. And when you have a front 7 as good as them you have less time to cover ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
this is true. I never understood why he played FS and not SS. He is the protoypical SS. And I think he is damn good in coverage with very underrated ball skills, but putting him out in centerfield is playing against his strengths because you want him attacking the line of scrimmage and sitting in short zones ready to make plays and blow up receivers. All that being said, I still think Goldson is the best safety in the game. Ive been saying it for the past couple years and I still believe it. Hes in his prime and is now better than guys like Troy and Ed, and Ill take him over whoever else u wanna bring up - earl thomas, jairus byrd, eric weddle, thomas decoud, williams moore...
What makes you believe he's a better fit for a SS? The 49ers by nature don't have either of their safeties in the box very much. The only team that did it less was the Minnesota Vikings apparently. Goldson isn't that great of a tackler either. Sure he has some knockout hits, but when it comes to just getting squared up and making the generic tackle he's been average. Goldson played well as our deep man an a single ball didn't go over his head during the regular season. He was pretty solid back there.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta love a discussion on the wire. I've got in on DVD but its been a couple years since i watched it last - might be time for another viewing.

I think they really gave Omar the pertect ending. He had to meet his end at some point. The legend of Omar was crazy - how he was able to survive for so many years sticking up major drug dealers. But he did it by being smart, and he was breaking his own rules and getting reckless on his warpath, and he was out there alone this time - it woulda standing behind him to stop that kid from shooting him. It would have made the show unrealistic if he woulda survived til the end. But it woulda been lame if he just got taken out in a shootout with stanfields goons or did something like what the guys on the street were rumoring hapenned. Omar was too damn smart for that. He had to get killed in a way he could never see coming - a kid who wasnt scared of him. They set it up nicely with all the other kids running away like usual earlier and the one kid who goes "thats omar? hes gimpy as a motha". Like u guys said, it shows how everyone goes in the game and how it just keeps moving and mike ends up being the new omar and all.

And as far as a new wire, I just cant see it. The series was perfect. IMO by far best TV show or movie ive ever seen. Nothing can touch it. And thats why Simon just left it, why mess with absolute perfection.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What makes you believe he's a better fit for a SS? The 49ers by nature don't have either of their safeties in the box very much. The only team that did it less was the Minnesota Vikings apparently. Goldson isn't that great of a tackler either. Sure he has some knockout hits, but when it comes to just getting squared up and making the generic tackle he's been average. Goldson played well as our deep man an a single ball didn't go over his head during the regular season. He was pretty solid back there.
Goldson misses a tackle here and there, but there is nobody in the league better at delivering clean hits than Goldson. He gets flagged sometime just cuz he hits the guy so hard the ref feels like it has to be a flag, but if you watch the replay, the flag is BS everytime, he never leads with his head, his timing is amazing. And he is a great openfield tackler I really dont know what youre talking about. Hes honestly a plenty good FS - I still consider him the best in the league, but the one part about his game is his speed is only average - there is no other hole in his game - he is elite when it comes to every other skill you want from your safety. I imagine Goldson at SS teamed up with someone like Earl Thomas or Ed Reed at FS and salivate.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Because Donte Whitner can't play FS. And when you have a front 7 as good as them you have less time to cover ground.
well this goes to my other point, which is that the 49ers shoulda kept goldson, let whittner walk next year, and then bring in a true centerfielder FS type, and form what could be one of the nastiest tandems in the league and make the 49ers defense one of the best of all time.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

I say all this and then look it up and see goldson led safeties in penalties with six. but it only reinforces my point that he gets a lot of bs called on him
Old 07-24-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Goldson misses a tackle here and there, but there is nobody in the league better at delivering clean hits than Goldson. He gets flagged sometime just cuz he hits the guy so hard the ref feels like it has to be a flag, but if you watch the replay, the flag is BS everytime, he never leads with his head, his timing is amazing. And he is a great openfield tackler I really dont know what youre talking about. Hes honestly a plenty good FS - I still consider him the best in the league, but the one part about his game is his speed is only average - there is no other hole in his game - he is elite when it comes to every other skill you want from your safety. I imagine Goldson at SS teamed up with someone like Earl Thomas or Ed Reed at FS and salivate.
Goldson is not a great open field tackler. I'm not even going to make a bunch of gifs on how this is not the case because it's so obvious. He just isn't that great at it.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So should the Redskins change their name? In this age were society is a lot more PC, the name has garnered a reputation for maybe being somewhat offensive. Daniel Snyder has said he isn't going to change to the name ever, but Darrell Green while not advocating that the name should be changed, has pushed the notion that it at least deserves to be discussed.

Quote:
Hall of Fame cornerback Darrell Green always had great speed, and he can still backpedal.

Green and fellow Redskins legend Art Monk were drawn into a discussion about the Redskins nickname yesterday, and Green said “It deserves and warrants conversation because somebody is saying, ‘Hey, this offends me.’”

But he came back today and said he did not want the team to change its name, saying he was simply advocating a discussion.

“In no way I want to see the Redskins change their name,” Green told 106.7 The Fan. “So that just makes that clear. And I’ll speak for Art, there’s no way he wants it, and I guarantee he didn’t say it, and I know I didn’t say it. . . .

“What my real comment, in response to the question was, ‘Does it deserve merit?’” Green continued. “And my comments were that, ‘Look, if it offended somebody. If somebody was offended, then I think it merits at least a discussion.’ I mean, goodness, I mean, people should be able to say ‘Hey, you offended me’ and somebody should be able to have a dialogue. Now, where it lands, that’s another thing.

“You know and I know, in your industry, certain people, you know, they want to have different agendas and they’ve got stuff to say, and you know, you want people to think this.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...f-name-change/

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it has to be changed then the Chiefs would need to be changed as well. There's no real reason to change the name
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
If it has to be changed then the Chiefs would need to be changed as well. There's no real reason to change the name
As far as sports names that could be seen as offensive to American Indians, Redskins is probably the worst. There have been colleges with far less offensive names that have made a change, i.e. Marquette Warriors ->Golden Eagles.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah if we're gonna be honest about it, there really is no legitimate argument you can make for them to keep their name.

It's highly offensive, and is ignored only bc none of us know any native americans. Like Chris Rock used to say, "When was the last time you saw a Native American family chilling at Red Lobster?"

That's why they've kept it this long. If it was any other ethnicity it would have been changed a long time ago.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That and I think it's just been around so long that people are so used to it they don't even think twice about it.

If there was a new expansion team and they wanted to name the team the Redskins there's no ******* way that'd go through. That's a good indicator that the name is probably not ok. But hey...tradition...yeah suck it
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's really the only counterargument: They've always been called that!

That's not a legitimate reason to keep it.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What it be changed to?

Washington Warriors? Washington Tribesmen?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Washington Indians?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
How is Chiefs offensive?