Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Teams unlikely to return to the playoffs next year

Yeah, its early, so what, wana fight about it?

Exiting the playoffs

NFC- Vikings, Redskins
AFC- Colts, Bengals

Their replacements

NFC- Giants, Saints
AFC- Steelers, Chargers (my sleeper team now that they may have a competent HC).

I actually think the Saints could be a dangerous team next year. Getting Payton back is huge. Payton+Brees= a lot of damage. I'm not sure if they can win a ring solely on their offense though, and they'll need that D to pull through in the playoffs. But they're not a team i want to play in the regular season.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have to go back to New Orleans and play the Saints again. I thought they would go to Candlestick. Oh well. I do think they will get back on track this year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the amount of cutting and cap management the saints have to do there might be issues getting the team to improve

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
with the amount of cutting and cap management the saints have to do there might be issues getting the team to improve
Sad to have to admit, but this is very true.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to make a case that the Redskins or Vikings will make it back but I don't see the Seahawks returning.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Saints started off the year horrifically going 0-4. If they went 2-2 lets say they'd be in the thick of the playoff hunt last season at around 9-6 or 8-7 going into the final week. That could have made a big difference. The Saints maybe awful defensively but they were still a competitive team at times last season. I think they will contend for a wild card spot.

I see the Falcons regressing, the Bucs stagnating, Saints improving a tad with their head coach back, and the Panthers are the interesting team. If Cam Newton plays lights out, their defense develops, and they actually establish a run game they could be a big surprise.

My picks would be...

Out NFC
1. Vikings
- Peterson carried willed his team to the playoffs this year. He's an amazing player but I don't know if he will be able to post another MVP season and simply put the team on his back doe. Ponder sucks... and that defense is meh. Plus, while I don't see the Lions making the playoffs I don't see them being as bad this year.

2. Redskins
- Maybe I am a hater but I just don't see them pulling it off again. Much of this is due to RG3 as he just had a serious injury and even if he comes back full strength we will probably see him running more pro style plays negating the effectiveness of that whole offense. If Shannahan is that stubborn and keeps on with that read-option, mark my words, RG3 will get hurt again and his promising career will be hanging on a thread.

In NFC

1. Rams
- This might be a little bold, but that defense is slowly becoming one of the best units in the league. I think Fisher can get just enough out of Bradford and S-Jax hopefully with a nice rookie play maker at wide out to squeak into the playoffs as the wild card. (Yup I am predicting three NFC West teams, my how that division has turnt things around.)

2. Giants or Cowboys
- I have the Skins out and I also feel like the Eagles will struggle again next year with a new coach and new offense being implemented, possibly a new QB as well. Too much volatility in the off season for them. So out the NFC East I see either the Giants or Cowboys persevering.

Out AFC
1. Colts
- I like Luck but that team just isn't very talented, and I think Wayne regresses a bit which will take a big bite out of that offense's production. Is it impossible? No I think they will definitely be in contention, but fall just short.

2. Ravens
- Another bold call, but I feel like Pretty Flacco, while a very good QB, is not an elite QB that can put the team on his back and bring them to the playoffs. The Steelers should be more competitive, the Bengals should continue to develop, and I even see the Browns at least making some noise going around 6-10. The Ravens identity on defense will all but gone with Lewis and possibly Reed gone. I think Kruger is replaceable but it is always nice to have a plethora of pass rushers. If Boldin is cut that hurts; I like Smith but right now he is now much more than a deep threat and I think Pitta is good but nothing special. Boldin was solid and really turned up his play in the postseason.

In AFC
1. Chargers
- If the Chargers can take advantage of the weak AFC west and split their games with the Broncos that would be about 4 or 5 wins right there. I think Philip Rivers is taking a lot of flak but he has no help. With a good offseason and an actually competent coach I see them in the Wild Card.

2. Steelers
- I can't see Roethlisberger missing the playoffs 2 years in a row. Remember how I said Flacco isn't the type of QB to will his team to the playoffs? Well Roeth is that type of QB. I actually think the Bengals win the division but the Steelers make the wild card spot at 9-7 or 10-6 with the Ravens close behind.

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 02-10-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out NFC
Redskins
Vikings

IN NFC
Arizona
Giants

Out AFC
Ravens
Patriots

IN AFC
Steelers
Bills- **** yeah

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way the Chargers make the playoffs. They lack more than just a good coach now. They lack actual talent, too. AJ Smith ruined that team.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 probably won't be 100% until the midpoint of next season, never mind he's probably going to be put out on the football field way before he's ready. The franchise had a career year last season with the team generally overachieving with midlevel talent sprinkled across the roster.

NFCE is going through a major transition.
What are the Giants going to look like on defense in 2013??
What if the Cowboys slip on D after transitioning to a 43??
Is Chip Kelly in over his head?? 12 new Eagles coaches are straight from the college ranks.

Skins will still be in the mix for the division.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

skins right now gotta be the favorite. they getting osackpo back. kerrigan too, right? weren't they both hurt? yeah.

I'm HOPING Nicks stays healthy and the Giants are able to really blow up our D to challenge the Skins for the NFC East spot. but hell, the division is always such a cluster ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Out NFC
Redskins
Vikings

IN NFC
Arizona
Giants

Out AFC
Ravens
Patriots

IN AFC
Steelers
Bills- **** yeah

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9ers, Seahawks, Vikings and Skins out, Rams, Bears, Saints and Giants in.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to see how the offseason plays out first
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Yeah, its early, so what, wana fight about it?

Exiting the playoffs

NFC- Vikings, Redskins
AFC- Colts, Bengals

Their replacements

NFC- Giants, Saints
AFC- Steelers, Chargers (my sleeper team now that they may have a competent HC).

I actually think the Saints could be a dangerous team next year. Getting Payton back is huge. Payton+Brees= a lot of damage. I'm not sure if they can win a ring solely on their offense though, and they'll need that D to pull through in the playoffs. But they're not a team i want to play in the regular season.
I agree with that except don't see the Bolts as good.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone hatin' on the Seahawks, but if they have a good off-season (getting Russell Wilson some weapons) they're my favorites to go to the Superbowl next year.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC:

1. Minnesota Vikings- Had Cutler not been injured, the Vikings wouldn't have made it this year. Adrian Peterson won't have another year like he had this year and it sounds like Harvin won't be there. I'd be very surprised it they made it next year. Replaced by Chicago

2. Washington Redskins- How healthy will RGIII be? I actually don't think it will matter. Healthy or not, I think this offense takes a big step back next year as they try to transition from a passing game predicated on the read option to a traditional passing attack. Replaced by Dallas

AFC:

1. Houston Texans- They won't win the division next year. I think that will be the Colts. So they'll be fighting for a wildcard spot. That will be very tough. They have away games at San Francisco and Baltimore. They also hose Denver, Seattle, and NEw England. Every team in their division Should be better next year. I think 10-6 is their ceiling next year. Replaced by Pittsburgh

Ranking the rest by likelihood: Cincinnati, Seattle, San Francisco, Baltimore, New England, Denver, Atlanta, Green Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only reason I can see the Seahawks not making it is if Wilson really struggles, that and if the Cards and Rams can improve to make that division a warzone because it's likely to me that the Seahawks will need 11 wins to get in.

Vikings are an easy pick, Peterson had a historically good season and we still only scraped in. It would take an optimist to expect Ponder to improve and the defense isn't getting any younger. Just don't see where the improvement comes from other than Ponder suddenly getting it, which he has shown next to nothing to indicate is possible.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ranking the rest by likelihood: Cincinnati, Seattle, San Francisco, Baltimore, New England, Denver, Atlanta, Green Bay.
So long as New England plays in the AFC East they will keep going to the playoffs.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OUT:
NFC: Vikings (Unless Ponder dramatically improves, or they nail another excellent draft, this team might crash. Hard.)
Redskins (Sophomore slump as they transition to a traditional offense and RG3 heals)

Entering:
Chicago (They have the playoff talent, but is Trestman that good of a coach?)
New Orleans (They had a Murphy's law type of season, and still went 7-9. Payton's return should add at least 2 wins, and a 3rd place schedule should put them over the top)

Sleeper: Carolina (If Chicago falters, I think it's Carolina who takes their place, they were still very much in 14 of those games, only 2 times were they blown out, I can see Newton getting better)

AFC:
Leaving:
Baltimore (Bold claim, but they're aging and losing a significant amount of talent in free agency. Depends completely on what they do this offseason)

Entering:
Pittsburgh (They were rattled by injuries last year, but their window is closing fast. This might be one of the last years or so that they can be playoff-good [barring a great draft of course])

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
OUT:
NFC: Vikings (Unless Ponder dramatically improves, or they nail another excellent draft, this team might crash. Hard.)
Redskins (Sophomore slump as they transition to a traditional offense and RG3 heals)

Entering:
Chicago (They have the playoff talent, but is Trestman that good of a coach?)
New Orleans (They had a Murphy's law type of season, and still went 7-9. Payton's return should add at least 2 wins, and a 3rd place schedule should put them over the top)

Sleeper: Carolina (If Chicago falters, I think it's Carolina who takes their place, they were still very much in 14 of those games, only 2 times were they blown out, I can see Newton getting better)

AFC:
Leaving:
Baltimore (Bold claim, but they're aging and losing a significant amount of talent in free agency. Depends completely on what they do this offseason)

Entering:
Pittsburgh (They were rattled by injuries last year, but their window is closing fast. This might be one of the last years or so that they can be playoff-good [barring a great draft of course])

and NFC East team has to make the playoffs. You can't take out the skins and not replace them or another NFC team without an East winner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too early. We haven't even gone through free agency yet. So many teams will look very different by April it's impossible to say right now.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
So long as New England plays in the AFC East they will keep going to the playoffs.
Yeah. New England, Denver, Atlanta, and Green Bay are all tied at about 5% chance of missing the playoffs. The only way they miss is if their QB gets injured.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. New England, Denver, Atlanta, and Green Bay are all tied at about 5% chance of missing the playoffs. The only way they miss is if their QB gets injured.
With Buffalo, Miami, and the Jets, it would pretty much take a preseason plain crash for the Patriots to miss the Playoffs.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
With Buffalo, Miami, and the Jets, it would pretty much take a preseason plain crash for the Patriots to miss the Playoffs.
Miami and Buffalo could be trouble (if Brady gets hurt). If Buffalo upgrades the QB position and Tannehill takes the next step, they could definitely compete with a Mallett-led Patriots team.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miami and Buffalo could be trouble (if Brady gets hurt). If Buffalo upgrades the QB position and Tannehill takes the next step, they could definitely compete with a Mallett-led Patriots team.
I think even sans Brady the Patriots are a lot more talented overall than Miami. Buffalo could be a problem theoretically, but the rosters are fairly comparable, and well Buffalo...
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote