Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

************. Now Mark Teixeira is hurt, too!?

Note to self: Never ******* draft Yankees or hold drafts in February.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My roster looked fine last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when did Hudson become so good? I don't think he can beat out Skaggs or Corbin

also fix the waiver order

Old 03-06-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

also fix the waiver order
Stupid ESPN. I fixed it once. It changed when the results were entered.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Hudson goes back to 2011 form, he's absolutely a steal at the end of the draft, and could be a player worth keeping. If not, I drop him and lose nothing of value. If nothing else, I get to stash a potential starting quality fantasy pitcher most of the year on the DL and see what happens.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, MQT making deals left and right.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are trades going down?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Just going on record to say that Blood is making a stupid decision with his trade. Mike Trout is one player. Certainly not worth taking on three older players and giving up so many young cornerstone players. Given the construction of the rest of his team (heavy on prospects), it makes contending in 2013 and 2016 equally unlikely.

But by all means, go for it.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

What's going on??? I hate that I can't see ESPN fantasy at work.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Check the email you use for this league. It should have sent you a pending trade notification.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MB traded Addison Russel to MQT
MB traded Jeff Samardzija to MQT
MB traded Luke Gregerson to MQT

MQT traded Carlos Correa to MB
MQT traded Matt Harrison to MB
MQT traded Rafael Betancourt to MB

------------------------------------------------

BB traded Matt Wieters MQT
BB traded Freddie Freeman MQT
BB traded Andrew McCutchen MQT
BB traded Jason Heyward MQT

MQT traded Adrian Gonzalez to BB
MQT traded Brandon Phillips to BB
MQT traded Mike Trout to BB
MQT traded Matt Holliday to BB
Old 03-06-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Check the email you use for this league. It should have sent you a pending trade notification.
IBC just beat me to posting the deals...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 03-06-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

At the same time, I also think it's kind of foolish on MQT's part to have not even publicly shopped Mike Trout for more than half a second.

Both you guys make me scratch my head, even though we knew something like this was going to happen.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking to get my hands on a SP or RP. Willing to discuss anyone.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Mark Teixeira is out 10 weeks. Make that two long-term injuries for my team already, basically making those wasted picks because they were veterans I had drafted primarily for their 2013 value.

Ridiculous.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just a little extra icing on the cake

#Yankees A-Rod, Cano, Granderson and #Brewers Ryan Bruan will be suspended 50 games for violating #MLB drug policy

Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

#Yankees A-Rod, Cano, Granderson and #Brewers Ryan Bruan will be suspended 50 games for violating #MLB drug policy
Xio is so damn lucky LT took Braun instead of Cabrera.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

seems its not true or at least not proven

Old 03-06-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was from a fake Ken Rosenthal account.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Someone posted this on Twitter Monday and not one reputable source picked it up. #NotRealAtThisTime

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Pfft. Duped by a fake Twitter account ... rookie mistake.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Just going on record to say that Blood is making a stupid decision with his trade. Mike Trout is one player. Certainly not worth taking on three older players and giving up so many young cornerstone players. Given the construction of the rest of his team (heavy on prospects), it makes contending in 2013 and 2016 equally unlikely.

But by all means, go for it.
lmao there's so much turnover and roster changes from year to year. Just ridiculous to say I won't be contending in 2016 as if it is fact.

I'll deal, thanks anyway.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

For the record, I think Blood's team is constructed pretty well now both in the present and future. The fun thing about a league like this is we should have some idea of how we're doing by the middle of the season and can make deals to improve now or later. If Blood is doing well this year, and some other team is floundering, he can move some prospects for some veterans that will help down the stretch. If he has a bad year, he can do the opposite and be in a good position to take a top prospect to add to his stable of young talent. I don't see how a team with Olt, Machado, Han-Ram, Trout, Taveras, Marte, Moore, Bundy, Skaggs, Archer, etc. isn't set up particularly well to succeed in 2016. Most of his top prospects are either in the Bigs or will be there by mid-season. There's a certain amount of risk in building for the future like that, but he has enough vets on his team to help mitigate that risk.

Now, as for my trading Trout without shopping around, I don't see how much better I was going to do with the direction I'm going in with my team. Admittedly there is some homerism involved, but I think Heyward is going to be a really great player for me, and if this draft were held next year, he'd be a 1st round pick. There aren't really any 1-2 punches that I like much more than McCutchen and Heyward, so Blood had the advantage from that alone. I didn't want a top pitcher in the deal, because I took Strasburg and Price early. I didn't want to build around veterans, and favor them more in the middle tiers, so I don't waste keeper spots on them. Really, I felt this deal was perfect for my needs, and I think Blood felt the same way.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
lmao there's so much turnover and roster changes from year to year. Just ridiculous to say I won't be contending in 2016 as if it is fact.

I'll deal, thanks anyway.
Just saying it looks awfully contradictory. The three veterans you acquired (Holliday, Phillips, Gonzalez) won't likely be doing much to help you when all those prospects you drafted finally become actual fantasy baseball contributors.

I'm not discouraging the trade, just throwing out an opinion.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't that what you plan for though in a dynasty setting? You have your core group of guys who are helping you in the present and then by the time they start declining you should have a new crop of talent ready to take over, and ideally you'll have replacements in mind for the declining players when the time comes.

In any case, I just think it's a bit too much to start thinking about what things will look like in 2016, etc. We are all likely going to be making various trades, FA pickups etc from here on out....and we'll have drafts every year

I wanted to own Trout in this league(would make things funner for me), and I did overpay, so no arguing that. Season hasn't even started yet though, so lets pump the brakes on the prognosticating

I do feel I need another established SP or 2, though. So if anybody has any arms for trade I'm looking for em