Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jared Allen

So what's this guys' deal? is he playing for us or what? I heard he wants to be traded, but I don't think that will happen to Mr. DWI himself
Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows. Personally, I wouldn't mind trading him if the deal we got was right. Back before he went public the deal would have had to knock my socks off to approve, but now I don't care.

I think if a DE is there at 23 like Charles Johnson or especially Jamaal Anderson the Chiefs should snag him and look at trading JA.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Anderson will be long gone by 23 IMO it is asking alot to just hope we find another Tamba Hali that can start right away but if we keep him he has the DUI thing hanging over his head. I know there are some good DE's in the draft but that doesn't mean we will get one ready to go in his first year we know what we will get from Jared Allen on the field.

Last edited by Splat : 04-03-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I hope he does not leave the Chiefs, the guy is a young, non-stop strong DE that is only going to get better. Also, i think if we pick up anyone in the first round, they should be starting by the first game or that's a sure sign of a bust(exceptions to that are qb, but we probably aren't drafting one of those)
Also, Jamaal Anderson is really,really,really raw isn't he?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not say a player is a bust if he doesn't start his first year there have been many players that took a few years to get going at all spots and turned out to be great players. What I was getting at is our D is really starting to take off and we know what we are going to get from Allen and Hali we don't know out of a rookie.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Allen is one guy I really don't want to see us lose. How early we take a DE in the draft might be an indication on if Peterson is planning on bringing him back next year.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

I read(I think on the KC star) that Herm and Gunny were thinking about switching to a 3-4 defense. I think Tamba Hali could play as a DE in a 3-4, but you would think JA is too small for that?
I had alot of respect for JA, that is, until he had two DWI's and expects to get paid an insane amount of money for such a high-risk,already suspended Defensive End like himself. He's not going to participate in the offseason workouts either.
However, CP is known to make deals close to deadlines, do you think that will happen? I think JA(assuming he doesn't mess up again) is defiantely worth the investment.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think a 34 is an option at this point. Tamba is too small to play end in the 34 and not quick enough to play OLB in the 34.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I don't think a 34 is an option at this point. Tamba is too small to play end in the 34 and not quick enough to play OLB in the 34.

I agree. We also don't have anyone remotley close to playing NT for us either. As far as Allen's troubles, didn't he have two DUI's? I might be wrong on that and I know sometimes lawyers can plead a charge down, but if that's the case it could be having a beer at a friends house and then getting pulled over. I'm not defending his actions because driving drunk is serious, but comparing his troubles to many other players in the NFL I don't think he is a great danger to society or the team.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

We don't have the line to run a 3-4 and it would take DJ out of his game he is better at getting off blocks then he was as a rookie but he would be slowed down in a 3-4 IMO.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of JA.I'm in a GM mock and have been offered James Hall and a 4th for JA.Should I do the deal?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

In my opinion....

hell no
Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
In my opinion....

hell no
I second that, he's worth (way) more than a second day pick. Also, James hall seems to be on the downswing of his career and JA is an up and coming talented DE.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen is very solid, and along with Tamba Hali the Chiefs have one of the best duo's at DE in the game. Once we have Bernard and Jarrad Page in the secondary and hopefully a 1st or 2nd round CB to alleviate the age of Law and Surtain, then they will be able to each get at least 10 sacks. One thing we never get are coverage sacks. If we can get one every other game or so, that can make our defense that much better.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

I think the consensus is that we should Pay JA the money he deserves...but what do you think that would amount too? Equal it to the highest paid DE in the game and multiply that by 75%(since he's suspended) a lil' sarcasm there....
Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
USAF Chief

The problem with everything you guys are saying is that JA has already stated to the public that he is pissed about the way he was treated and despite him being a good player that we would LIKE to have back, his intentions are to play this year and walk outta here, so we need to get rid of him for what we can get now.

I'd like to keep him too, but I can see how this will turn out next year (even uglier because the franchise tag could be involved) and I don't wanna go through this again.

We had people on here (me included) saying to get rid of LJ because he's a locker room cancer and all that crap so what makes you all think that a guy who has no respect for the franchise won't bring down locker room morale?

Out.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Yea, but every player does that. If they aren't getting what they want they go to the public and say, "I'm not being paid what I'm worth", this gets us fans fired up and puts pressure on the GM to allievate that situation.
I guess I don't see a guy who played at a mid-major college, coming out of no where, complaining about "not getting paid enough" of course I could be wrong.

But overall, JA has absolutley no room to complain about a contract. Especially with Herm Edwards, the guy who's pushing for harder, tougher sanctions when an NFL player(like ALlen) screws up royally like he has.