Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-24-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Watch it be a 4.36 Official time. lol
Haha pretty damn close. The disparity between hand-times and official times is getting ridiculous.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
4.34 official for McCalebb. Lame.
You do realize how fast that is right?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old men with stopwatches are ridiculously wrong once again. They showed Goodwin and McCalleb running at the same time. Goodwin clearly beat him.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-24-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
While 4.34 is really fast McCalebb is a tiny guy who's a very fringe prospect so while he's fast he isn't in the sub 4.3 range that would really have people taking notice of him. Also I think the guy was just disappointed that he didn't even come close to breaking CJ's recoed after the unofficial 4.21.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
It ain't 4.21 fast!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Old men with stopwatches are ridiculously wrong once again. They showed Goodwin and McCalleb running at the same time. Goodwin clearly beat him.
But its the electronic times that are wrong!!!

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even Austin looked closer to Goodwin in that comparison than McCalleb looked but most teams keep there own times and just take the average of all times they can get.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manti Te'o is going to run an unofficial 4.11, but the official will be more like 4.90. Darned electronic conspiracy!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Even Austin looked closer to Goodwin in that comparison than McCalleb looked but most teams keep there own times and just take the average of all times they can get.
This is what I was thinking. It's hard to believe Austin and Mccalebb were both 4.34. McCalebb was a full body length behind Goodwin whereas Austin was 1/4 of a stride back. I think Austin was measured slow as opposed to Mccalebb being measured fast. Austin was probably more likely 4.3 or so. It just goes to show that even the "official" times aren't perfect.

Austin also beat Goodwin off the line which to me is more important than top speed for a football player.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any video of Swope's run or is it just one of those myths.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leveon Bell 4.60
Joseph Randle 4.63
Stefphon Jefferson 4.68
Stepfan Taylor 4.76
Zach Line 4.77
Ray Graham 4.80
Robbie Rouse 4.80

I think these guys all cost themselves a lot today, and some may have even fallen out of the draft completely. How can anyone justify drafting small backs like Rouse and Graham when they run a 4.8? I know that a lot of people say that the 40 is overrated, but in a case like this I think it is an excellent guage of whether or not a player is explosive.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Now that coverage is over for the day who are some people that saw their stock rise/fall?

For Qbs I think Geno Smith was the clear winner today as he didn't disappoint in the 40 or throwing drills. The most important part is the interviews but in terms of physical skills he certainly looked the part. Ryan Nassib looked solid which backs up what people have been saying about him.

Mike Glennon was the loser today for me as he looked inaccurate and I question his movement ability in the pocket. I've never been a fan of him and he didn't do anything to change my mind today.

The main Rb who stood out physically was obviously Knile Davis. Personally I don't put much stock in a 40 time for Rbs but it's hard to ignore what he did at his size along with his bench press numbers. It's hard to imagine he didn't make himself some money today.

With Wrs I have to go for Tavon Austin as he put up the numbers to back up his game tape while also looking solid in drills. Goodwin probably made money with that workout but his skills as a receiver still look raw so I feel someone's going to reach for him and be disappointed.

There were a bunch of receivers who did as well or slightly better than expected today as well. Patterson certainly backed up the physical comparison to Julio Jones but I still he's still a little raw and will probably take time to really reach his potential. The second round guys all looked solid though with Patterson, Woods, Hopkins, Hunter, and Williams all looking sold.

What were everyone else's impressions from today?

Last edited by fredder : 02-24-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Leveon Bell 4.60
Joseph Randle 4.63
Stefphon Jefferson 4.68
Stepfan Taylor 4.76
Zach Line 4.77
Ray Graham 4.80
Robbie Rouse 4.80
I too was really surprised at how slow the running backs were overall. The Ray Graham time is pretty shocking to me. Thought Zach Line would be faster. Thought Joseph Randle would run in the 4.4s for sure. On the other hand, I think amid all those slow time, Zac Stacy running 4.50 looks really good for his stock.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Leveon Bell 4.60
Joseph Randle 4.63
Stefphon Jefferson 4.68
Stepfan Taylor 4.76
Zach Line 4.77
Ray Graham 4.80
Robbie Rouse 4.80

I think these guys all cost themselves a lot today, and some may have even fallen out of the draft completely. How can anyone justify drafting small backs like Rouse and Graham when they run a 4.8? I know that a lot of people say that the 40 is overrated, but in a case like this I think it is an excellent guage of whether or not a player is explosive.
I would agree about the smaller guys but Bell running a 4.6 at his size is more than fine. Taylor was slower than I was hoping but speed isn't his strength. He's a big guy that blocks and catches the ball very well.

The 40 is an awful measurement for most RBs. If they're a change of pace speed guy than sure it's important but you have to ask yourself how often does a RB get the ball and run 40 yards straight upfield? That's why it's much more important to have short range quickness and lower-body strength to get through the LOS as most plays you're going to have to make someone miss. I'm much more interested in the broad jump, and 3-cone drills for RBs as they measure the skills that runners need on every carry.

Just last year we had Doug Martin run a 4.55 and Alfred Morris run a 4.68(I believe) and they both did just fine last year.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea how Ray Graham ran a 4.8. I am baffled.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently DaMontre Moore only put up 12 reps on the bench, I don't like that in a pass-rusher.

I mean, I get that he plays like he doesn't know where the weight room is, but there's two ways to get to the QB: around or through, and I want guys to be able to do both if I'm taking them high.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the numbers David Ricky (Da'Rick) put up. Running his 40 at 4.5 was about what I expected from him based on the type of player he is, but he also put up a 39.5" vert, 11' broad jump, and a very nice 4.06 short shuttle.

I wanted Hopkins to post better speed and agility numbers, but his play in pads is better than his workout numbers indicate, in my opinion. Not that it was terrible, just merely average.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Ray Graham is more of a lateral quickness guy than a straight line speed guy.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog0123 View Post
Ray Graham is more of a lateral quickness guy than a straight line speed guy.
Great. He'll be able to laterally get around the O linemen who run the same speed as him in a straight line.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good. Good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Justin Hunter do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunter ran a 4.44, 11'4" (!!!) broad jump, 39.5 vert, and looked pretty natural catching the ball.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Apparently DaMontre Moore only put up 12 reps on the bench, I don't like that in a pass-rusher.

I mean, I get that he plays like he doesn't know where the weight room is, but there's two ways to get to the QB: around or through, and I want guys to be able to do both if I'm taking them high.
However you look at it it's not good.

Margus Hunt with 38 reps, ok Tarzan.
Monomach
All-Pro

https://twitter.com/mortreport/statu...06951588175872

HOLY ****
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because of his size, he won't get drafted that high, but Marquise Goodwin is amazing.