Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

honestly rhodes is so much like nnamdi its scary. Its a cop out comparison i know. But long arms, above average height, excellent press man ability, struggles in zones.

He can be a top CB, coaches can get him to that level because his tools are great and his tape is really good, especially at where he is at this stage and how far hes come from back in 2010

Trufant i remember watching 4 years ago when he was a freshman, watched him struggle, get burnt, weak tackling....how he has grown as a player is amazing
Old 02-26-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Alford has it all physically, but mentally the game is a struggle for him, and that may push him to day three.
Could you please elaborate?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dion jordan coming in at 248 really quieted me, i thought hed be 6-7 230, but thats a good weight for him. Hes tough to place schematically for him, i think he could play OLB on the steelers but he could also play 43 OLB in the mold of lawson or julian peterson.

Mingo worked out just as i expected and i do think hes a much better fit for the steelers defense....i have him and jordan neck and neck though as conversion 34 OLBs
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Could you please elaborate?
A quote from the SE Louisiana defensive coordinator

Quote:
"He didn’t understand formations, split receivers and the routes that come off of them, coverages, he was like a freshman in that aspect of it," Golding said. "But he realized ‘this is the last shot I got.’ And on his days off, he’d come in here and we’d watch film together. He became a student of the game, which helped him tremendously. He still has a lot of work to do, but I think he realizes it now."

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

I really think Denard Robinson is gonna be a good player. I think hes best at RB but he could definitely play a lot of WR too. I think he puts ARE, Hines ward, brad smith, and matt jones to shame as QB turned WR in the NFL

Guys like Pat White, Kordell Stewart, Joe Webb all should have been WRs....RObinson has never denied it, hes got the right idea.

4.4 speed, unreal open field running and return ability, and huge hands. Theres a lot to work with there
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...outing-combine

Quote:
Texas A&M RB Christine Michael was a rockstar @ #NFLCombine, a top performer in 5 events. The bad: He overslept and missed 2 team interviews
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Another thing I can tell you is he never gets burned. Literally, never. Greg Reid was always hyped up while at FSU, but the fact is while he was a better "playmaker" he gave up a lot of big plays/TD at horrible times. Xavier has always been mr.consistent.

I was telling my friend as long as he ran 4.5's as well, he was golden for top 20. Definitely exceeded that...
According to Mayock, film shows that Rhodes gives a team little effort if the play doesn't come his way, he won't get away with that kind of motor in the NFL which is why he isn't getting talked up as a top 15 prospect.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Podcast is just starting up if you're into it. Will Carroll to talk medical issues, Josh Buchanan for the small schools guys, and Missouri LB Zaviar Gooden .

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
According to Mayock, film shows that Rhodes gives a team little effort if the play doesn't come his way, he won't get away with that kind of motor in the NFL which is why he isn't getting talked up as a top 15 prospect.
I think that is nitpicking by Mayock IMO. I think you could say that about almost every CB when the ball is thrown to the other side of the field.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I think that is nitpicking by Mayock IMO. I think you could say that about almost every CB when the ball is thrown to the other side of the field.
Rhodes reminds me of Richard Sherman.

And I would add Sanders should be the last one to be talking about effort.

Last edited by Babylon : 02-26-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion had the same critique of Rhodes and he's a Nole.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Podcast is just starting up if you're into it. Will Carroll to talk medical issues, Josh Buchanan for the small schools guys, and Missouri LB Zaviar Gooden .

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown

Will doing an awesome job. Must listen!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Rhodes reminds me of Richard Sherman.

And I would add Sanders should be the last one to be talking about effort.
Arguably best CB of all time, but he definitely picked his spots. That is for sure.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

deion wasnt exactly in a hurry to make tackles on the opposite side of the field when the ball wasnt thrown his way, thats an odd statement for him to have
Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the best person to ask about taking plays off......
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State: Banks did not run well today, but more concerning was his overall workout. He was not smooth or fluid in cornerback drills. He looked choppy and awkward moving around and did not display the movement skills that NFL teams usually want in a cornerback.
Quote:
Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State: Although Rhodes impressed by running very fast (In the 4.4’s according to scouts I spoke with) for such a tall cornerback, he did not work-out well today. He was choppy in his movements and struggled turning/changing directions. His workout made it look like he will struggle playing in “off” coverage at the next level. In addition, he showed terrible hands during the workout, which could well be the reason he is playing cornerback and not receiver. Additionally, his interviews were not overly impressive.
Quote:
. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington: A great week of practice in Mobile had people excited about Trufant’s potential and the started things off well by running very fast in his 40’s. However, the good news ended when he went through the positional workout. Trufant was herky/jerky moving around and looked stiff trying to change directions and adjust throughout. He will need to work-out better at his pro day to ease concerns that arose during workout about his athleticism.
Didn't catch the DB field drills myself, so no idea.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I really think Denard Robinson is gonna be a good player. I think hes best at RB but he could definitely play a lot of WR too. I think he puts ARE, Hines ward, brad smith, and matt jones to shame as QB turned WR in the NFL

Guys like Pat White, Kordell Stewart, Joe Webb all should have been WRs....RObinson has never denied it, hes got the right idea.

4.4 speed, unreal open field running and return ability, and huge hands. Theres a lot to work with there
The dude might be a tougher version of Percy Harvin. I'm just thankful that the idiots that coach UM didn't use him properly.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, Robinson was brought in to run Rich Rod's spread offense, which he did pretty well. If he can learn the position, a souped up Antwaan Randle El is a pretty decent comparison. He's not going to be as physical as Ward or have the size of Smith or Jones, but he will be faster and quicker.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Not sure if this has already been addressed. But considering his increase in mass and the arm skill he displayed this weekend, has Tyler Bray pushed himself into the second round? I know he has some character issues. But given that, with what he did this weekend and his collegiate career, second rounder?
I think Bray is easily a 1st round talent at QB.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
I think Bray is easily a 1st round talent at QB.
Bray has a strong arm and that's about it...not a first round talent given the rest of his game

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the combine is being a little overrated. It gives good insight into athleticism, but isn't even close to actual game tape in importance. It is just checking boxes for a lot of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
To be fair, Robinson was brought in to run Rich Rod's spread offense, which he did pretty well. If he can learn the position, a souped up Antwaan Randle El is a pretty decent comparison. He's not going to be as physical as Ward or have the size of Smith or Jones, but he will be faster and quicker.
I think he can be even better than Randle El. I think he actually has NFL quality arm strength Has great arm strength) and he can be surprisingly accurate at times. With his play making ability and athleticism I think he can easily transition to WR, and will, but he is very dangerous in trick situations (Lapses in accuracy makes that both ways haha). I personally wouldn't let him fall out of the 3rd round.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
The dude might be a tougher version of Percy Harvin. I'm just thankful that the idiots that coach UM didn't use him properly.
Denard would've transferred from Michigan if the coaching staff tried to move him to a different position. He was very stubborn throughout most of his career. He said himself that he didn't realize he wasn't a quarterback until late in his senior season.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
I think he can be even better than Randle El. I think he actually has NFL quality arm strength Has great arm strength) and he can be surprisingly accurate at times. With his play making ability and athleticism I think he can easily transition to WR, and will, but he is very dangerous in trick situations (Lapses in accuracy makes that both ways haha). I personally wouldn't let him fall out of the 3rd round.
Dexter Mccluster???

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Denard would've transferred from Michigan if the coaching staff tried to move him to a different position. He was very stubborn throughout most of his career. He said himself that he didn't realize he wasn't a quarterback until late in his senior season.
well hes got the right idea...unlike guys like pat white.

i think he falls between percy harvin and devin hester, not as good of a WR as harvin but not as bad as hester, but offers RB like percy and return ability of hester (not that percy isnt a fantastic return man, robinson just runs more like hester i think)

and honestly his arm isnt bad