Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
Not trying to take anything away from Calvin, but let's be real here.. He got most of his yards in garbage time when the Lions were getting destroyed every game and had to pass. If Jerry Rice wasn't on such a great team that blew teams out midway through the 3rd quarter, I bet you his stats would be padded way more but they weren't, because your not going to keep passing when your up by a lot. So congrats to him and all but lets ease up on the G.O.A.T talk..
Do you enjoy being wrong all the time? Do you realize the Lions lost A LOT of close games? And what P-L said up there as well. The concussion thing was actually pretty obvious early on, after Chad Greenway's hit very early in the season. PS **** Chad Greenway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made this thread at the end of last season.

I just wanted to bump it to warn and reiterate to San Fran fans.....Jerry's days are numbered

SOON.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prime Randy Moss was better than both of them so who cares.

*drops the mic*
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

I just wanted to bump it to warn and reiterate to San Fran fans.....Jerry's days are numbered

SOON.
Hahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're always worth a laugh BallerT.

I guess Johnson has a chance if the Lions keep passing like crazy though and force feeding.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness...my friend....

And stop dropping mics BBD.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never gonna happen
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Prime Randy Moss was better than both of them so who cares.

*drops the mic*
Talent standpoint yeah. Work ethic and resume? Nope.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss choked in big games. Can people please take a break from jock gobbling his overrated ass.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD carries a mic wherever he goes so there's always one on hand to drop for dramatic effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Randy Moss choked in big games. Can people please take a break from jock gobbling his overrated ass.
Jock gobbling.... Cookie Monster pic... not a good mental image.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin gotta do it in the playoffs to challenge Jerry for GOAT status, but yea hes definitely making a case for himself with some of these performances. And I dont think the argument of him being force-fed the ball has a lot of substance, nobody else could produce like him in that offense. Plus, its easy to see what his presence means for guys like Reggie Bush and Joique Bell, who are both having excellent years.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love seeing a once in a generation prospect become a once in a generation player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

He's also a very easy person to root for so that doesn't hurt.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This man is my favorite prospect and player of all time!!!! Keep making big things happen Megatron.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (6-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Calvin gotta do it in the playoffs to challenge Jerry for GOAT status, but yea hes definitely making a case for himself with some of these performances. And I dont think the argument of him being force-fed the ball has a lot of substance, nobody else could produce like him in that offense. Plus, its easy to see what his presence means for guys like Reggie Bush and Joique Bell, who are both having excellent years.
I'm just saying he's getting a lot of opportunities. The Lions have led the league in passing attempts the last two seasons. Over 600 times one year and over 700 times the next. I think Stafford broke his own record in back to back seasons in that regard. Calvin also plays in an era where the passing game has a lot more leverage compared to when Rice played where defensive backs could actually take your head off without having to worry about getting fined or getting a penalty. That being said, I think if Johnson was in Rice's place during that same time period he probably would have accomplished the same things.

Calvin has a long way to go to live up that Jerry's resume. I'm sure he'll get close. Probably wont' get three Super Bowl rings though.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this thread is mostly just jokes, but I seriously think Jerry Rice will always be considered the best ever. Even if someone comes along and does something equally as impressive, there will always be the excuse that Jerry did it in a different era, when it was tougher all around. And since it has been almost a decade since he last played and STILL no one has really challenged his career, his legend continues to grow. It will always feel like "Yea, this current player is good but you should have seen Jerry Rice back in the day".
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

All hail Rice.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice will be hard to surpass just Because of his longevity. Few player play that long, let alone with 2 HoF QBs. Guys have matched his ability but not even close to his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Serious question - Did Rice face the bracket coverages that Calvin faces every week?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 10-29-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not triple coverage but I've seen him double teamed countless times.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (6-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
He didn't do **** with the Pats in the playoffs, but he was fine with the Vikings in playoff games.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I love Calvin, Randy Moss is the best pure talent I've ever seen at that position.

Calvin may well be the better when it's all said and done though. I didn't get to see young Randy every game(although I saw plenty, part of the reason I fell in love with the game even), but Calvin is a much more well rounded receiver from what I've seen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

SOON.
I love Calvin but... Soon?

He's got 1000 catches. 14000 yards. 130 some odd TDs to go. Jerry also had nearly 1000 yards rushing and 10 TDs to boot.

Easy, right?

Best of luck to him. It will be fun watching him try and get there.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
As much as I love Calvin, Randy Moss is the best pure talent I've ever seen at that position.

Calvin may well be the better when it's all said and done though. I didn't get to see young Randy every game(although I saw plenty, part of the reason I fell in love with the game even), but Calvin is a much more well rounded receiver from what I've seen.
I don't really buy that. Johnson is bigger, stronger, and just as fast. I don't know of one area where Moss is better than Calvin and then add in that Moss was a lollygagger pretty often, and I think Johnson is a better player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'm just saying he's getting a lot of opportunities. The Lions have led the league in passing attempts the last two seasons. Over 600 times one year and over 700 times the next. I think Stafford broke his own record in back to back seasons in that regard. Calvin also plays in an era where the passing game has a lot more leverage compared to when Rice played where defensive backs could actually take your head off without having to worry about getting fined or getting a penalty. That being said, I think if Johnson was in Rice's place during that same time period he probably would have accomplished the same things.

Calvin has a long way to go to live up that Jerry's resume. I'm sure he'll get close. Probably wont' get three Super Bowl rings though.
Yes, but havent you thought about the fact that the reason they run the offense they do is because they have Calvin Johnson. Randy Moss and Jerry Rice are the only receivers in my lifetime that you could base an entire offense off feeding them the ball and have it work. And I think you are underestimating how much Jerry Rice got the ball in his offense. You gotta remember he played in the early day WCO when the 5-yard slant was used instead of the 5-yard run, and it wouldnt have worked with many other WRs. You also have to consider the era calvin plays in. its the passing era. Lots of teams are abandoning their run game and running a shotgun offense. The Lions are the most pass-happy team out there, but its not a coincidence that they have the best WR in the game.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice is the greatest of all time. And to think that he was a 4.6 guy with great hands and also wasn't very big. 6 foot 1 and 200 pounds. The numbers he put up are flat out nuts.

Moss to me was that first WR you could say OMG to the gifts that god gave him. To be able to run and have the hand eye to come down with some of those balls. But he never went over the middle.

Calvin is right now unstoppable. He has all the tools to become the greatest. Has the jump skills of Moss and will go over the middle like Jerry. One thing tho is he's looking a little big. He could be 250ish. Which in the long run might run him down.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote