Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-03-2007, 07:47 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Anthony Spencer

I've seen a few people having us take Anthony Spencer with our 22nd overall pick. If we decide to go OLB in the first round and Moss is gone, I see this as an interesting pick. Might be a slight stretch at 22, but I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed in the pick.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like the pick myself. But Jerry has already mentioned they would probably go BPA in the 1st. And if one of those WR's we've been talking about is still on the board it'll be hard to see Jerry pass them up. But I would definitely like the pick. And always believe you need to look at the production, when you have 26 tackles for losses and 10 sacks, you doing something right.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO on linebackers.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^definately not in the first, but I see us picking one up
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Spencer is a 4-3 DE. He's not a good OLB prospect. If we take him higher than a third round pick (i.e. situational pass rusher) then I'll be highly disappointed.

P.S. He has the numbers to play OLB, just not the natural fluidity needed AND he prefers to play DE according to his interview at the combine.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to have him, but 22 is too high. I still think by trading down there will be better players available at 26-30. He's probably a high 2nd range.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
NO on linebackers.
I agree. I know another pass rusher wouldn't hurt, but our last 2 first round picks and a second rounder have been OLBs. We shouldn't take another LB before the 3rd rond, preferably day 2 IMO.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definately not at 22. I would need some consoling...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Anthony Spencer is a 4-3 DE. He's not a good OLB prospect. If we take him higher than a third round pick (i.e. situational pass rusher) then I'll be highly disappointed.

P.S. He has the numbers to play OLB, just not the natural fluidity needed AND he prefers to play DE according to his interview at the combine.
your talkin out of your butt...he is a good 3-4 olb prospect...thats what he'll probably be drafted as. he is a r.2 pick and might even go to us.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is my favorite rush backer in the draft. However I'm going to have to agree with LSU on this one...he has tight hips...not exactly that he needs CB hips...but in coverage he almost always drops his foot and opens up his hips to use his speed to stick...this is going to get him burned by the good route runners...outs/stop and go's are gonna either be penalties or first downs...but thats what we have burnett for. I'm a big fan of Spencer...and I'm not exactly sure how I would feel if we drafted him at 22...but we could select worse.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really like him. I wouldn't be upset at all if we decided to go that direction, but it seems like just a tad on the overkill side to me. I would much prefer trading up for Branch, getting a top shelf DB or WR, or getting Staley or Brown. I really like the player, though.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...e.302eda4.html

According to this, Spencer is visiting with the Cowboys.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NO Linebackers
Old 04-12-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post

He's either a Cover 2 DE ala Mark Andersen, or a 3-4 rushbacker to me (Wimbley). I think he'd be a great 3-4 rushbacker to be honest.

You don't know if he has the fluidity yet. I had no idea Kiwi could drop in coverage as well as he did, so you never know until you throw them in the mix and see how they fare.

I don't see him in Dallas though. I like Carp on the outside. With Wade's scheme, who knows though. He might move Carp inside (something I don't agree with) and draft a rushbacker.

I think if they do in fact draft a rushbacker, it should be a WOLB. Then they should move Ware to SOLB. Ware would make a great SOLB in the 3-4.