Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Jarvis Jones with a 4.92 at his pro day.
Not good...

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones ran a 4.92 in the 40-yard dash at his Pro Day on Thursday.

Jones also completed 20 bench press reps to go along with a 9-foot-3 broad jump. It's an underwhelming performance, and the forty time is defensive tackle-esque. Jones wasn't expected to wow scouts with his forty.

He plays much faster on film, but Thursday's results coupled with spotty medicals might push Jones into the bottom of the first round.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it before and I will say it again, he can fall all the way to the Pats.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there is no solid reason for his 4.9's, he won't see round 1, LB's who run in the 4.9's give up 3 feet for every 1/10 of a second slower they are than a TE or RB, a 4.9 runner would be giving up 9 feet on any mid range to deep passing patterns. This guy could slip way down draft boards unless an injury affected his 40 time. I don't care how good a pass rusher he is, sometimes LBers have to cover pass receivers and right now, Jones has indicated by his performance that he cannot do it.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is the hardest prospect to project right now.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Man I know a lot of people like Knile Davis and Dennis Johnson and I do as well, but the other Arkansas back should be getting more attention. Ronnie Wingo could be a steal for some team.

6'3 230 pounds, 4.46 forty yard dash. He stays healthy, I think he has a really nice career.

I always wondered why he didn't make more noise. He was nearly an Illini at one point in time.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought I read Jones pulled a hammy but then again who hasn't "pulled a hammy" when they bombed the 40

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember hearing that scouts that were down in Athens last spring already got the heads up that Jarvis would not test well. Plus I think a leg injury was what kept him from participating in the NFL combine. Does anyone know what was Ogletree numbers?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I remember hearing that scouts that were down in Athens last spring already got the heads up that Jarvis would not test well. Plus I think a leg injury was what kept him from participating in the NFL combine. Does anyone know what was Ogletree numbers?
Ogletree ran in the 4.58 to 4.65 range, and apparently looked great in position drills: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ro...s-others-shine
Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always thought Jones was overrated. His lack of speed and explosion was obvious from the first time I saw him on tape. His sack numbers are indicative that Georgia's defense tended to herd QBs towards him. Does the 4.9 mean we never have to hear him compared to Von Miller ever again? Please can it mean that?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I have always thought Jones was overrated. His lack of speed and explosion was obvious from the first time I saw him on tape. His sack numbers are indicative that Georgia's defense tended to herd QBs towards him. Does the 4.9 mean we never have to hear him compared to Von Miller ever again? Please can it mean that?
He will not be as good as Von Miller.

Does that count?
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jones is the hardest prospect to project right now.
He was hard to project yesterday, today it got a little easier.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bird
Rookie

Bird hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He reminds me of Corey Moore years ago at VT. A beast in college, but not built for the pros
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of curiousity, has there ever been a highly rated QB who had a bad pro day before? Every year, every QB has an "impressive" pro day. I mean, at this point, it's starting to get really watered down:

Quote:
Gabbert turned some heads here and won himself some believers among those who wondered if he could make the transition to playing quarterback under center after starring in the spread offense in his two years of starting duty at Missouri. Starting all 64 of his pass plays by taking a center snap, Gabbert looked fluid and comfortable throughout his drills, and his accuracy never suffered no matter if he threw on the move or after setting up in the pocket.

"He's my No. 1 quarterback, and to me he's the one quarterback in the draft who, if you've got to bang the table for a franchise quarterback, he's the guy,'' NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said after Gabbert's workout. "The kid confirmed everything you want to see in a franchise quarterback. I thought he did as good as he could have. His footwork was real clean. His arm was real accurate, and his arm strength was great.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2ODwAth3Y

Funny how they don't ever play this stuff back though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston Cornerback DJ Hayden only did interviews at the combine because of his very rare artery injury but ran a 4.33 at the Univ of Houston pro day.

DJ Hayden-Houston CB

5'11
8 7/8 hand
30 1/2 arm
74 wingspan
33 /2 vertical
10ft broad
4.33 40 yard dash

He didnt do the cone drills or bench because he is still understandably recovering from the tear to his inferior vena cava.
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hayden can get back from all the medical question marks, he has a chance to be a special player.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Out of curiousity, has there ever been a highly rated QB who had a bad pro day before? Every year, every QB has an "impressive" pro day. I mean, at this point, it's starting to get really watered down:

I agree, it certainly seems that way. For me, this year's crop of QB's is mediocre to say the least. Smith is the only one even remotely worth a 1st round pick and that would come in the last half of the 1st based on talent. Obviously, 2 things are pushing up QB's, it's a passing league now and if you don't have a good one, you cannot compete, period. Secondly, it is very dangerous to find your QB anywhere but round 1. They make so much money after their rookie contract is up that it has become almost essential to draft them in round 1 where they are tied up for 5 years. Wilson of Seattle for instance, as a 3rd rounder, I believe only has a rookie contract for 3 years, so the window of opportunity for Seattle too win is much smaller before they will find themselves in cap hell with cap $$$'s being flat.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I agree, it certainly seems that way. For me, this year's crop of QB's is mediocre to say the least. Smith is the only one even remotely worth a 1st round pick and that would come in the last half of the 1st based on talent. Obviously, 2 things are pushing up QB's, it's a passing league now and if you don't have a good one, you cannot compete, period. Secondly, it is very dangerous to find your QB anywhere but round 1. They make so much money after their rookie contract is up that it has become almost essential to draft them in round 1 where they are tied up for 5 years. Wilson of Seattle for instance, as a 3rd rounder, I believe only has a rookie contract for 3 years, so the window of opportunity for Seattle too win is much smaller before they will find themselves in cap hell with cap $$$'s being flat.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope teams don't read to much into Jarvis' forty today. That's how teams like the Ravens and Patriots get all these good players. Bad teams get scared off by the measurables and ignore the tape.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But when you look at the tape and think, "No, he's not very explosive and I don't think he's going to be an effective edge rusher in the NFL - I think he's a product of his defensive scheme," and then he barely breaks 5 seconds at his pro day, that's a player who simply doesn't have NFL speed. Period. Can you name another speed rusher that slow? I mean, Jones certainly isn't a power player. Do you really want a weak, slow linebacker starting at what might be your most important defensive position?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever takes Jones in the top 20 will be making a huge mistake. He just isnt that good.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
But when you look at the tape and think, "No, he's not very explosive and I don't think he's going to be an effective edge rusher in the NFL - I think he's a product of his defensive scheme," and then he barely breaks 5 seconds at his pro day, that's a player who simply doesn't have NFL speed. Period. Can you name another speed rusher that slow? I mean, Jones certainly isn't a power player. Do you really want a weak, slow linebacker starting at what might be your most important defensive position?
I definitely agree. When I watched him I saw a small, not especially strong guy who was an average athlete. His testing just backs that up. He's got a very good motor and an instinct for making big plays at the right point, but if I'm drafting an OLB at that point in the draft I'm looking for someone who's going to beat tackles, not clean up plays. I just don't think Jones has the physical tools for that.

If he was fast or strong, maybe, but he's neither and instincts/motor will only get you so far. Think he could be productive on a talented defense across from a good pass rusher, but a team like the Jets that needs a primary pass rusher will be disappointed if they draft Jones expecting him to be the guy IMO.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm. You are all making me want to re-evaluate. Jeremiah also had an interesting tweet. The best sack-getter in the SEC doesn't mean big-time NFL player in the past...

What was his 10 compared to the other top pass rushers though?

And Suggs ran a 4.8 I think.

Damn, a 4.9 is slowwww though. Wow.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Jarvis Jones with a 4.92 at his pro day.
Well thats no good. I thought he would be a sure fire bet not to get past the Jets at #9....now? I donno. 4.92 isn't so good
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I hope teams don't read to much into Jarvis' forty today. That's how teams like the Ravens and Patriots get all these good players. Bad teams get scared off by the measurables and ignore the tape.
Ignore film? Did you get the point about Cory Moore? Jones had high college PRODUCTION no different than a QB that lights it up in a spread system. He is allowed to rush the passer virtually every down. Doesn't make him a great athlete. He looked like pure garbage in the three cone, not a hint of explosion.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a relatively high correlation between 40 times and the success of OLB in the NFL. But after watching Jarvis Jones last year playing for the Dawgs, there's NO WAY I thought he would run a hand timed 4.9.

JJ made plays last season rushing the QB and dropping into coverage. So many of his TFL and sacks were because he simply out-quicked OTs and OGs. Jones ran down RBs, TEs and WRs. He was the best defensive playmaker in the SEC last season.

The eye test says Jarvis Jones barring injury is a top 15 prospect. But his test measurables are all wrong.

Once you get into the 20th pick range and later in the first round, I think Jones' film surpasses his awful test numbers.

IMO on film Jarvis Jones looks like at least a 4.7 guy. Running a 4.9 for a player who had the range that Jones did on the field doesn't make sense.

He's def a scary prospect to grade.
You'd hate to miss him because you couldn't get past his test numbers.
On the other hand it would suck to draft this guy and he isn't close to the player he was in college.

If JJ didn't do what he did in the SEC, I'd have a hard time still seeing him as a 1st round prospect.

Didn't Terrell Suggs run a slow 40 predraft, like 4.8 range??