Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woooo I'm allowed to get excited for the draft now!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the Oladipo bandwagon:

He's more skilled than you think and has the versatility to guard 3 positions. If the Wizards can't get Porter I want Oladipo even if there is potential conflict with him and Beal as Oladipo eventually ends up a 2 IMO.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
On the Oladipo bandwagon:

He's more skilled than you think and has the versatility to guard 3 positions. If the Wizards can't get Porter I want Oladipo even if there is potential conflict with him and Beal as Oladipo eventually ends up a 2 IMO.
He's already a 2, he isn't big enough to be a SF (at least as a starter) in the NBA. I'd be coming home drunk from the bars walking by cook hall (iu's practice facility) and sometimes he would be leaving it at like 3 a.m. on a saturday. Dude epitomizes the term gym rat.

I love Vic but one thing he needs to really work on is his ball-handling. If you cut off him off from his straight-line to the basket, he has a difficult time getting there and he tends to cough it up at inopportune times. He can do so much other **** though that the concern doesn't really deter you. He can rebound, pass, shoot and he works hard off the ball. There's a lot to love about him.

I wouldn't mind the Cavs moving Waiters for a 20-foot sub sandwhich and snagging him.

home 'dipo> McLemore

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 05-05-2013 at 10:31 AM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently 3-4 teams are in love with Ben McLemore...including the Magic.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
So apparently 3-4 teams are in love with Ben McLemore...including the Magic.
Where'd you hear that? Seems awfully premature. I don't think any team would come out with who they like/don't like before the lottery is even over.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Where'd you hear that? Seems awfully premature. I don't think any team would come out with who they like/don't like before the lottery is even over.
Read it yesterday on Roto.

Quote:
Sources tell Sheridanhoops.com that Orlando "covets" Kansas SG Ben McLemore more than any player in the draft.
The Magic will have the most ping-pong balls in the Draft Lottery, giving them a 25.0 percent chance of securing the No. 1 overall pick. Sheridanhoops says that if they do get that top pick, they'll be looking to move down and take the sweet-shooting McLemore, who has drawn Ray Allen comparisons. That could be difficult, however, because McLemore is widely expected to go in the top-three of the draft.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the heck... for fun...

Mock Lottery
1) Charlotte - Nerlens Noel - Michael's team finally wins the lottery.
2) Orlando - Trey Burke - Magic need a new leader at the point.
3) Cleveland - Otto Porter - Waiters last year, Porter this year.
4) Phoenix - Victor Oladipo - Calculated pick here from the new young GM from Boston.
5) New Orleans - Anthony Bennett - Pelicans need fire power and Bennett is an offensive force.
6) Sacramento - Ben McLemore - Kings will draft another Kansas talent since they haven't quite learned that Jayhawks tend to bust.
7) Detroit - Shabazz Muhammad - Pistons were hoping for this to happen for a long time.
8) Washington - Alex Len - Terrapin stays close to home and helps the Wiz fill a need.
9) Minnesota - CJ McCollum - Drafting a combo guard here is not a concern since Rubio has size to compensate in the backcourt.
10) Portland - Cody Zeller - Lunch pail worker that Blazers seems to like.
11) Philadelphia - Kelly Olynyk - Just in case Bynum gets hurt.
12) Oklahoma Cty - Giannis Adetokunbo  - Freak athlete that the Thunder can develop.
13) Dallas - Dennis Schroeder - Dirk can now speak German to a teammate. Schroeder is raw but oozes potential.
14) Utah - Michael Carter-Williams - Utah is in the market for a PG.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I like the McCollum complement to Rubio in Minnesota.

Dude can score buckets in a hurry.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-11-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any "sleepers" you guys like that aren't drawing much attention? I'm thinking of guys not being projected in the Top 20 or so.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Are there any "sleepers" you guys like that aren't drawing much attention? I'm thinking of guys not being projected in the Top 20 or so.
Well right now Dennis Schroeder is like going in the 20s in mock drafts but as you can see I think he'll sky rocket. 13 to Dallas is something I had in mind.

Same with Giannis Antetokounmpo. I think he goes in the lottery, but right now he's ranked in the 20s. ESPN has him at 27.

2nd rounders I like are Ricardo Ledo, Brandon Paul off the top of my head. Tony Mitchell's fall is kinda sad.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giannis is a nice little project, I wouldn't mind snagging him up with our second first rounder if he slips out of the lottery.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well right now Dennis Schroeder is like going in the 20s in mock drafts but as you can see I think he'll sky rocket. 13 to Dallas is something I had in mind.

Same with Giannis Antetokounmpo. I think he goes in the lottery, but right now he's ranked in the 20s. ESPN has him at 27.

2nd rounders I like are Ricardo Ledo, Brandon Paul off the top of my head. Tony Mitchell's fall is kinda sad.
I agree with you on Schroeder. I think we could see him go Top 10 since there's no clear #2 point guard in this draft after Trey Burke.

Adetokunbo is so impressive physically with his length that some team will bite on him in the lottery or shortly thereafter. His offensive game needs work, but he'll be able to contribute on the defensive end early on.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I agree with you on Schroeder. I think we could see him go Top 10 since there's no clear #2 point guard in this draft after Trey Burke.

Adetokunbo is so impressive physically with his length that some team will bite on him in the lottery or shortly thereafter. His offensive game needs work, but he'll be able to contribute on the defensive end early on.
Can you imagine how happy Dirk would be to have a German teammate? The communication on the court would put defenses in total guess mode. lol
Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know they have Felton, Kidd, & Pablo but.. I want the Knicks to draft Shane Larkin

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giannis and Schroeder are good ones to mention. I'd be a bit surprised if either made it past 20.

I think with workouts Ledo could rise quite a bit. I could see Steven Adams even rising into the mid-first to late lottery area. I could also see Caldwell-Pope moving up some boards.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Can you imagine how happy Dirk would be to have a German teammate? The communication on the court would put defenses in total guess mode. lol
and German is such a lovely language with all the throat hocking that needs to take place to speak it that it'd be hilarious

Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the success of Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, and Norris Cole, I fully expect CJ McCollum to be the #2 PG off the board and depending on how high Burke goes, he could go as high as 5 or 6 depending on who's drafting in those slots. It's a copy cat league.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the success of Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, and Norris Cole, I fully expect CJ McCollum to be the #2 PG off the board and depending on how high Burke goes, he could go as high as 5 or 6 depending on who's drafting in those slots. It's a copy cat league.
Do you think he could be a true point guard in the league?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Norris Cole is a bench guard and Damian Lillard is absurdly overrated, but if that works out then fine. This is a five player draft, he can go sixth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Norris Cole is a bench guard and Damian Lillard is absurdly overrated, but if that works out then fine. This is a five player draft, he can go sixth.
Noel
Porter
Burke
Oladipo
McLemore

Pretty much.

The Pistons will draft Shabazz Muhammad

Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Noel
Porter
Burke
Oladipo
McLemore

Pretty much.

The Pistons will draft Shabazz Muhammad
I would love to see the Brody ragefest if that happens.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I alone in not being overly impressed with Otto Porter? I know this is a weak draft and I know everyone these days wants long wings who can shoot outside but to me he's a guy who can be a solid 3rd/4th option on a playoff team but will struggle to shine on a crappy team because of his inability to create his own shot. Just one of those guys who is pretty good at most things but doesn't really do anything to create matchup problems for other teams so I struggle to see the upside to warrant a top 3-5 pick, even in a down year. What am I missing?

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-12-2013 at 02:13 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not missing anything imo. I see Tayshaun Prince comparisons on a ton of websites which makes perfect sense, and I don't see how that warrants a high lottery pick. The end of the top 10 seems like a better spot for him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tayshaun Prince is his floor, then that's pretty damn good. I know some people project him to have a higher impact overall, but there's nothing wrong about making a safe pick. Especially one that fits well with the buildup of your young team.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter = Harrison Barnes

He will never be a super star, but will more than likely be average to above average in virtually every category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote