Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-12-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If Tayshaun Prince is his floor, then that's pretty damn good. I know some people project him to have a higher impact overall, but there's nothing wrong about making a safe pick. Especially one that fits well with the buildup of your young team.
I see Prince as closer to his ceiling than floor though. Which is fine and all because in his prime Prince was a good player, but not the kind of upside I want with a top 5 pick even in a weak draft.

Porter just doesn't handle the ball well enough for me to think he's going to be any better than him offensively.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if Porter will reach Prince level defensively (thought I think he can be very good there), but I do think he's a more gifted scorer than Prince.

I agree that he looks like he will probably be a 3rd option guy who can be good defensively. While its not huge upside, he does look like a safe pick so teams will value that as they like. I'd be hesitant to take him in the top 4, but I could definitely understand the pick 5-10 in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Do you think he could be a true point guard in the league?
I see a lot of Jason Terry in McCollum. I'm not saying he can't develop his PG skills (ala Billups) but at this point he's more of a scorer than a PG. He's not on Lillard's level in terms of slashing and distributing, but he can shoot the hell out of the ball.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lillard did not show great PG skills in college, McCollum isn't the most skilled passer but he understands tempo, pace, and how to run a team like Eric Maynor. Defensively not sure how he translates, but in college he was a very solid defender.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to see the Brody ragefest if that happens.
It wouldn't make me very happy either, so I expect it to happen. I've just reached a point where I expect the Pistons to do the wrong thing; and if they don't, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I love Porter for reasons that I can't quite put into words. I expect him to be better than Prince.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to see the Brody ragefest if that happens.
I expect one of these things to occur..

-Pistons sign OJ Mayo
-Pistons draft Shabazz
-Pistons sign Josh Smith
-Pistons hire someone that isn't the EuroLeague coach, Budenholzer or Stan Van Gundy
-Pistons sign Brandon Jennings

And that will cause me to be very angry. Just give me one of the big five and Muscala in the second round.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

-Pistons sign OJ Mayo
-Pistons draft Shabazz
-Pistons sign Josh Smith
-Pistons hire someone that isn't the EuroLeague coach, Budenholzer or Stan Van Gundy

And that will cause me to be very angry. Just give me one of the big five and Muscala in the second round.
I expect all of the following:

1. Detroit Pistons trade Andre Drummond for rights to Josh Smith.
2. Sign OJ Mayo
3. Announce extension reached with Brandon Knight that will be signed next year when he is eligible
4. Draft Shabazz
5. Sign Keith Smart to be head coach
6. Brodeur loses his marbles.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I expect all of the following:

1. Detroit Pistons trade Andre Drummond for rights to Josh Smith.
2. Sign OJ Mayo
3. Announce extension reached with Brandon Knight that will be signed next year when he is eligible
4. Draft Shabazz
5. Sign Keith Smart to be head coach
6. Brodeur loses his marbles.
We're birthday brothers, you know. Why do you want this done to me?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he is one of us.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-Pistons sign OJ Mayo
-Pistons draft Shabazz
-Pistons sign Josh Smith

You like Muscala huh? I'd like to hear your thoughts on him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he is one of us.
Hey bro, you need to slow your roll. You're 90 posts ahead of me. How are we supposed to hit 20K at the same time?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
We're birthday brothers, you know. Why do you want this done to me?
Well considering we are birthday brothers, it would seem I have some masochistic tendencies.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey bro, you need to slow your roll. You're 90 posts ahead of me. How are we supposed to hit 20K at the same time?
You need to not stay away from the NBA discussion thread as much as you do!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
You need to not stay away from the NBA discussion thread as much as you do!
It's hard when I'm so focused on the whole Kings ordeal. Seriously that thing has been eating my entire life since January.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sergey Karasev appears to be a really smooth player, and after doing some more breakdown of him as a player, he's awfully impressive for a 19 year old.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sergey Karasev appears to be a really smooth player, and after doing some more breakdown of him as a player, he's awfully impressive for a 19 year old.
Does he have any international experience?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watched him in the Nike Hoops Summit. All he wanted to do was jack up 3s. He hit a bunch though. Don't know anything about him other than that... except for the announcers talking about how seasoned he was for a 19 year old. I think he played a lot in the Russian League or for the Russian Team... something about Russia. lol.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Watched him in the Nike Hoops Summit. All he wanted to do was jack up 3s. He hit a bunch though. Don't know anything about him other than that... except for the announcers talking about how seasoned he was for a 19 year old. I think he played a lot in the Russian League or for the Russian Team... something about Russia. lol.
Were you on Portland????

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Does he have any international experience?
Not sure...I am fairly confident he plays in Russia's highest league and average 16 ppg

Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure...I am fairly confident he plays in Russia's highest league and average 16 ppg
Hmmm. That is interesting.

All the scouts say good things about him.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiggins is the best prospect since...?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Wiggins is the best prospect since...?
We will have to see once he gets his college ball in. But Rose? Howard? Lebron?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald Green with actual basketball skills.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Here's a question.... Who are the baddest, toughest bangers in this draft? Like I'm talking Chicago Bulls type badassness. haha

I got mine, but I want to hear yours.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Howell maybe?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Here's a question.... Who are the baddest, toughest bangers in this draft? Like I'm talking Chicago Bulls type badassness. haha

I got mine, but I want to hear yours.
Michael Snaer seems like the type of guard Chicago would target.