Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This is the week that i really immerse myself in the draft, and honestly, i wouldn't mind us taking him. I've been watching his workouts and he really has a sweet looking stroke. They ran a lot of pick 'n pop situations and he was hitting that jumper consistently from 12-18 ft, and even showed consistency from deep. I'm gonna keep looking at game videos so i can have a better judgment of his defensive and rebounding ability, but an athletic 4/5 that can stretch the floor for Cousins while being a good passer from the high post would be a perfect addition to this team. He's a vagina in the low post, but we don't need him there.
I wouldn't hate the idea as long as Malone actually forced Cousins into the low post.

I still want Burke more than Zeller.

Kings draft board:
1. Trey Burke
1a. Otto Porter
3. Ben McLemore
4. Nerlens Noel
5. Victor Oladipo
6. Cody Zeller
7. Michael Carter-Williams

I don't want Bennett or Len on the Kings at this point although you might be able to talk me into Len. I can't figure out if I want Burke or Porter more based on need.

Zeller may make sense because of his great athleticism and style of play next to Cousins, but I don't know if I am convinced he will pan out.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i think hes a mid range channing frye

thats not a good thing
That is a burn...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who are the Oladipo fans here?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, i'm only looking at guys who we have a legitimate shot at drafting, and i'm afraid the Burke dream is long gone. And from hearing a bunch of Malone interviews, it really looks like his intention is to bring back Cousins into the post for the majority of his minutes, which is the right thing to do. It's a waste of his talent to constantly stick him 18 feet from the basket to run pick and rolls with PGs that refuse to pass the ball. I think it's coming down to Shabazz, Bennett, or Zeller. We have no shot at the top five guys on your list, and we may even move down from 7.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Every time I see 'bazz, I am shocked by the entire lack of definition in his body. His shoulders and arms look weak, he seems to be barrel-chested but with no back or chest muscles developed and his stomach seems larger than it should be for a 20-year old wing.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I like him a lot. One of my favorite players in the draft.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Every time I see 'bazz, I am shocked by the entire lack of definition in his body. His shoulders and arms look weak, he seems to be barrel-chested but with no back or chest muscles developed and his stomach seems larger than it should be for a 20-year old wing.
Not everyone can look like D-Wade, but yeah there's something off about his body structure. Anyone have their combine body fat %'s?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not everyone can look like D-Wade, but yeah there's something off about his body structure. Anyone have their combine body fat %'s?
9%

10 char.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everybody here likes Oladipo.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would have to agree on the lack of definition.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Everybody here likes Oladipo.
Ah. But to what extent? What have you guys been debating ceiling wise. Everyone I talk to is split on his potential. I'm certainly aboard the wagon, myself. Atop by magic wish list.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

He's a roided up freak compared to how Durant looked at Texas.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Maybe my last mock before the draft: http://nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/9188
Burke is who I want most. I hope you're right.

I'd be thrilled with Burke or Oladipo. Satisfied with Noel. Devastated if we took McLemore.

Last edited by D-Unit : 06-24-2013 at 01:46 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

Not a very big picture, but this paints him in an even worse light

Here's a side view with a clear gut

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Does anyone know what type of body fat test the NBA does at the combine? Is it the pinch method or the electrical method?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What makes him unlikeable to you, especially from those interviews? I thought he sounded pretty genuine and even a little timid that he was being put on the spot like that. He seemed pretty sincere about the way he handled some of the controversial stuff that went on at UCLA. I don't know, just based on all the hatred and the fact that he's still a talented kid, i'm rooting for the guy.
He's from a fairly well off background so he speaks fairly well (I'm laughing at myself because that's a phrase that's only ever used about black people) but it's just an odd vibe thing. There's just something about him that seems off in interviews I've seen. He just kinda seems like a BS'er who's all about himself before the team. It felt like he was subtly/passive-aggressively blaming his coach/system essentially saying that the only positive thing to come out of his time at UCLA was learning how to come off screens in the half court offense. He essentially said he was pouting because someone else took and made the game winning shot. Maybe it's he sees himself as an 'alpha dog' or maybe he's just entitled. The fact that you could tell how much the pressure of expectations and playing on a big stage got to him makes me lean towards the later. But I don't know the guy personally so I don't really know anything for sure. I watch a ton of pre NFL draft interviews to kind of get a sense for guys so I sometimes pseudo-psychoanalyze guys from behind in front of a computer screen. I feel silly for typing this much about something as small as that but just trying to answer your question.

I don't hate him and think he's a piece of **** who destined to fail, there's just something about him that kinda rubs me the wrong way.

edit - I forgot he had tourettes so maybe that's it. *shrug* I'd be lying if I said I knew enough about the condition to say how it might affect someone's personality.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Bennett will be the best player from this draft.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
Anthony Bennett will be the best player from this draft.
Keak's method of predictions for the past decade has been to say the exact opposite of whatever I say when projecting a player.

He's almost always right.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone know what type of body fat test the NBA does at the combine? Is it the pinch method or the electrical method?
I'm pretty confident it's the pinch method so it's hardly exact.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ah. But to what extent? What have you guys been debating ceiling wise. Everyone I talk to is split on his potential. I'm certainly aboard the wagon, myself. Atop by magic wish list.
He's my second best player in the draft, behind Noel.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-24-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Shabazz to the Pistons basically ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Absolutely not. It's just furthering my point that Shabazz is terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
So Shabazz to the Pistons basically ?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hoping Bennett falls to Sacramento at 7.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote