Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Ah. But to what extent? What have you guys been debating ceiling wise. Everyone I talk to is split on his potential. I'm certainly aboard the wagon, myself. Atop by magic wish list.
Oladipo will be an all-star caliber player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying they're going to be the same player, but didn't James Harden have some of the same questions as Shabazz has now? Not athletic and other little nuances. Just was a thought of mine, and I wouldn't mind the Thunder taking him at 12 the more I think about it.

Last edited by Shreckart : 06-24-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
I'm not saying they're going to be the same player, but didn't James Harden have some of the same questions as Shabazz has now? Not athletic and other little nuances. Just was a thought of mine, and I wouldn't mind the Thunder taking him at 12 the more I think about it.
I think NBADraft.net is about as piss poor as a draft website can be. With that said, here are their breakdowns for both players:

James Harden

Shabazz Muhammad

Seems as they they were quite a bit higher on Harden than 'Bazz. I also want to point out that they have Utah taking Shabazz at the moment. I swear to god, if that happens and I hear any play on words with Shabazz and Jazz, I will pray for the obliteration of the state of Utah. Sorry, Utes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jazzie Shabazzie with a sensational dunk...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
I think NBADraft.net is about as piss poor as a draft website can be. With that said, here are their breakdowns for both players:

James Harden

Shabazz Muhammad

Seems as they they were quite a bit higher on Harden than 'Bazz. I also want to point out that they have Utah taking Shabazz at the moment. I swear to god, if that happens and I hear any play on words with Shabazz and Jazz, I will pray for the obliteration of the state of Utah. Sorry, Utes.
O_O dat potential doe!

Now I hope Utah picks him.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shajazz!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shajazz Utahmmad
Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jazz's Shebazz finishes the dunk with Pizzaz

Boom. Sign me up TNT!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Jazz's Shebazz finishes the dunk with Pizzaz

Boom. Sign me up TNT!
Don't forget RAZZMATAZZ
Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
James was better at every single thing in college than Shabazz.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Shajazz Utahmmad
Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
James was better at every single thing in college than Shabazz.
Pretty much. Aside from being black and left handed, they really don't have much in common.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Ah. But to what extent? What have you guys been debating ceiling wise. Everyone I talk to is split on his potential. I'm certainly aboard the wagon, myself. Atop by magic wish list.
I got a question for you. How do you see playing time for Harkless working out if we drafted Oladipo?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I got a question for you. How do you see playing time for Harkless working out if we drafted Oladipo?
I heard today that the Bledsoe deal is all but a certainty. So lets say that happens, Hark at 3, Harris at the 4. Starting for sure with bountiful minutes.

PG Bledsoe
SG Oladipo
SF Harkless
PF Harris
C Vuc

It's not ideal, because of some defensive worries in the front court and Oladipp and Hark still need to work on their handle and round out their offensive game...but this is how I see it playing out. I personally still love it from a shear potential standpoint.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard today that the Bledsoe deal is all but a certainty. So lets say that happens, Hark at 3, Harris at the 4. Starting for sure with bountiful minutes.

PG Bledsoe
SG Oladipo
SF Harkless
PF Harris
C Vuc

It's not ideal, because of some defensive worries in the front court and Oladipp and Hark still need to work on their handle and round out their offensive game...but this is how I see it playing out. I personally still love it from a shear potential standpoint.
Your spacing would be horrifically bad if it played out like that. I'm quite sure that offense would be terrible.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're probably not wrong. But it's looking more likely that this is the way they intend on going

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't you just start Nicholson or Big Baby and bring Harkless off the bench as your sixth man?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

PG Bledsoe
SG Oladipo
SF Harkless
PF Harris
C Vuc

This is what I've seen...

Quote:
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 1m

Magic's pursuit of Eric Bledsoe continues, reports of a draft day deal sending Bledsoe & Caron Butler to Magic for Aaron Afflao has legs.
Quote:
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 1m
Magic have been agressive in looking at trades in addition to draft prospects. Bledsoe package could be part of bigger deal.
Definitely sounds like we want Bledsoe. I like him, but I question his ability to actually play the point. Great athlete, no questions there... but is there any substance behind all that jazz?

Here's why I asked about Harkless... I think Harris' most natural position is SF. At PF, he lacks somewhat defensively. He's fine there if we're playing small ball, but ideally I think Harris logs most of his minutes at SF. Harkless I think will spend more minutes at SG. He'll play SF too, but not when we have our best 5 on the floor. If we draft Oladipo, does that make Harkless a 6th man type? I mean, I'm fine with that too. But I was curious on your take. Seems like you have him at SF.

No doubt, I love everything that Oladipo brings. Just wondering what kind of vision the team has.

With Burke and Noel, I can easily see what we're trying to do. Noel scares me like heck, but if we take him, then I can honestly say the team has confidence in him.

Quote:
@chadfordinsider tells me the @magic have done more research on @NerlensNoel3 than any other draftee!
I think the scenario I like most is just taking Burke, keeping AA and going from there.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Why wouldn't you just start Nicholson or Big Baby and bring Harkless off the bench as your sixth man?
Because Big Baby ******* sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because Big Baby ******* sucks.
Still better to have him as your token starter then to come out the gate and be out rebounded cause your playing a small ball lineup.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Still better to have him as your token starter then to come out the gate and be out rebounded cause your playing a small ball lineup.
Davis is a lousy rebounder.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-24-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Davis is a lousy rebounder.
Is he a better rebounder then Moe Harkless? If not then they can always start Andrew Nicholson who i mentioned before Big Baby.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I def see Harkless at SF. Dude just isn't a SG. Sure he'll probably log some minutes there, but he's a forward. Harris starts at the 4 going forward, would def see time at the 3 varying on lineup. But he's putting on mass, trying to be that 4.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Nicholson is shipped elsewhere. Same goes got Big Baby.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-24-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Who the **** would want Big Baby?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-24-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Nikola was 2nd in the league in rebounding. We really can't expect 2 double digit rebounders in the post. Davis had been fine. He's just not really a part of the long term picture here. Nicholson is, but the team babied him along last season and didn't play him much. He added 18 pounds from the time we drafted him to the end of the season. I think he'll get a lot more playing time this year and we'll be able to see what he's about. ...even if we draft Noel.