Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I wish it was Thursday...haven't been so excited for a draft since we got Howard. Yeah, it'd be great if it was a stronger class...but I'm def. pumped for this. Add in the fact that we may land Bledsoe on the same night...hopefully it'll be a good night for us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Noel and Garnett are nothing alike, pull yourself together Brodeur.

You were on the right track with the Larry Sanders comparison.
He's a better rebounder and plays the passing lanes more than Larry. My point is that similar to KG, he can pass and play similar defense. He might not have the offensive game of KG in a sense, but he can develop something resembling it if given time (and health).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Damn I wish it was Thursday...haven't been so excited for a draft since we got Howard. Yeah, it'd be great if it was a stronger class...but I'm def. pumped for this. Add in the fact that we may land Bledsoe on the same night...hopefully it'll be a good night for us.
I'm excited too! The franchise will take another big step (good or bad) so yeah... pins and needles.

In my fantasy mind... I would simply love to trade down, pick up a mid-late first somehow... end up drafting Trey Burke and Tony Mitchell.

PG Trey Burke/Jameer Nelson
SG Arron Afflalo/Moe Harkless
SF Tobias Harris/Moe Harkless
PF Andrew Nicholson/Tony Mitchell
C Nikola Vucevic/Glen Davis/Kyle O'Quinn

We get a guy who can actually lead this team at PG, Afflalo goes back to being the spot up shooter that he really is and we don't lose our ability to shoot. Harris plays his more natural position with Harkless splitting time at both SG and SF. We keep Nicholson who's potential, I'm still believing in and add that super athletic jump-out-da-gym guy in Mitchell who can also block shots and rebound. Then let Vucevic do his thing with Big Baby and Kyle O'Quinn backing up.

But... whatever happens, happens.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised you're so...pro Burke...in a lot of ways, he's a younger Jameer Nelson. But I hear ya. I don't hate your possibility...lord knows I'm a huge Afflalo fan, I loved getting him in the Howard deal...but the possibility of landing Bledsoe and adding an incredibly athletic/gifted younger two guard has me excited.

So many ways we can go here. Im putting a lot of faith in Hennigan...it looked like we got blatantly ripped off for Howard...but look at what came of it, a lot of bright spots. And then getting Harris...there's really no denying Hennigan's talent evaluating ability.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm surprised you're so...pro Burke...in a lot of ways, he's a younger Jameer Nelson. But I hear ya. I don't hate your possibility...lord knows I'm a huge Afflalo fan, I loved getting him in the Howard deal...but the possibility of landing Bledsoe and adding an incredibly athletic/gifted younger two guard has me excited.

So many ways we can go here. Im putting a lot of faith in Hennigan...it looked like we got blatantly ripped off for Howard...but look at what came of it, a lot of bright spots. And then getting Harris...there's really no denying Hennigan's talent evaluating ability.
Yup. It's nice to have a fresh approach with a guy who actually has an eye for talent.

The only similarity I see in Burke/Nelson is their clutch scoring (both can go in and out) and both play with a chip on their shoulders. But Burke gives me what Nelson never did as a playmaker for others, big time leadership and high efficency numbers. ...and Nelson would probably give his left nut for a 6'5.5 wingspan and 8'1.5 standing reach.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's a better rebounder and plays the passing lanes more than Larry. My point is that similar to KG, he can pass and play similar defense. He might not have the offensive game of KG in a sense, but he can develop something resembling it if given time (and health).
If he is going to play in the paint, he needs to gain at least 50 lbs. Throw the DPOY talk out of the window until he gets a lot stronger/bigger. He will have no leverage, even against much shorter people.

He will likely be a leader in shot blocks. So what?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
If he is going to play in the paint, he needs to gain at least 50 lbs. Throw the DPOY talk out of the window until he gets a lot stronger/bigger. He will have no leverage, even against much shorter people.

He will likely be a leader in shot blocks. So what?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone help me with what center I should want the hawks to draft as I dont watch college bball all that much?
Old 06-25-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I gotta say... I admire Brody's confidence in Noel.

One thing that hasn't been said is Noel's (Blocks + Steals) totals rival the best ever.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Someone help me with what center I should want the hawks to draft as I dont watch college bball all that much?
Steven Adams.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nogueira, Olynyk, Dieng, Plumlee, & Golbert I guess

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I would look towards Dieng

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm excited too! The franchise will take another big step (good or bad) so yeah... pins and needles.

In my fantasy mind... I would simply love to trade down, pick up a mid-late first somehow... end up drafting Trey Burke and Tony Mitchell.

PG Trey Burke/Jameer Nelson
SG Arron Afflalo/Moe Harkless
SF Tobias Harris/Moe Harkless
PF Andrew Nicholson/Tony Mitchell
C Nikola Vucevic/Glen Davis/Kyle O'Quinn

We get a guy who can actually lead this team at PG, Afflalo goes back to being the spot up shooter that he really is and we don't lose our ability to shoot. Harris plays his more natural position with Harkless splitting time at both SG and SF. We keep Nicholson who's potential, I'm still believing in and add that super athletic jump-out-da-gym guy in Mitchell who can also block shots and rebound. Then let Vucevic do his thing with Big Baby and Kyle O'Quinn backing up.

But... whatever happens, happens.
If the Kings pass on Trey Burke I will go nuts.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
You know they will take Shabazz right?

Haha. I'll be happy for you if you get Burkey Burke.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I remember when we passed on Jameer Nelson for Dorell Wright. I think I 85% snapped that night.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Since Hollinger moved on to greener pastures this season, Pelton is in charge of giving us a numbers based look at the prospects. In case you guys missed it, the numbers route was able to pick out gems like Ty Lawson, Kawhi Leonard, and Tobis Harris, and point out busts like the Morris Twins and Cole Aldrich. Since it's locked behind a pay wall I will point out the interesting stuff. He breaks it down into the top 30 according to Chad Ford's rankings and then the top 100 overall.

-NERLENS NOEL is #1 by a fair margin, and would have been #2 to Anthony Davis had he been eligible last season.

-KENTAVIOUS CALDWELL-POPE rates as the 3rd best player in the top 30 behind PORTER and NOEL. He is far and away the best SG prospect rated with OLADIPO and MCLEMORE in a virtual tie at 17 and 18. Other highly rated SGs are SERGEY KARASEV at 10, ALLEN CRABBE at 15 and REGGIE BULLOCK at 19. LEDO wasn't rated since he has no numbers.

-The Point guards go MCCOLLUM at 5, BURKE at 7, CARTER-WILLIAMS at 9. CJ MCCOLLUM gets a boost because of his rebounding and scoring efficiency. TREY BURKE takes a hit due to his lack of rebounding, but is the best PnR point in this draft by a mile. MICHAEL CARTER-WILLIAMS is good on assists, steals, and rebounds but kills his numbers with lots of turnovers and poor shooting.

-The massively overrated guys seem to be MUHAMMED (27th), OLADIPO (17th), and MCLEMORE (18th). B-MAC's low usage rate confirms our fears about him being passive. His low FT rate is bad news for a wing scorer, and his high turnovers are shocking considering how rarely he handles the ball. OLADIPO is hurt mostly by his lack of offense. He rates to be an impact defender, but not enough to put him in the top 5 like he is projected. MUHAMMED's weaknesses have been covered a million times before.

-Steal of the draft? ANDRE ROBERSON. Undersized power forward, super athletic, will be labeled a tweener, but has spent his college career being good to great defensively and on the glass against bigger players. these guys always go like 20 picks too low and then end up killing it. Look at Kenneth Faried.

-Another shocker, LUCAS NOGUEIRA rated as a top 10 prospect. Considering Giannis Antetokounmpo and Dennis Schroeder weren't rated because they play in lesser European leagues, the Brazilian kid looks to be the best international prospect. For reference, he plays in the league that Serge Ibaka came from and has a higher block rate while making 55% of his shots. Definitely worth a look.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...prospects-warp
Old 06-25-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft 1h
The Charlotte Bobcats have been shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Potential that he is moved on draft night. #NBADraft

Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The method I look at seems to believe that Oladipo is the biggest lock of the draft, so I really doubt that methodology if it puts him at 17th.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Charlotte Bobcats have been shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Potential that he is moved on draft night. #NBADraft

What? Was he bad this season? I thought they loved him and viewed him as a long term building block.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would trade #7 for him straight up.

They can have their pick of any of our crappy players too if they want him.

Thornton, Salmons, Hayes, Jimmer, even JT.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I would trade #7 for him straight up.

They can have their pick of any of our crappy players too if they want him.

Thornton, Salmons, Hayes, Jimmer, even JT.
He's probably the third best player of last year's draft, so I'd take him for 8 and a future first along with Brandon Knight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. If you're the Wizards would you rather have MKG, Porter or Bennett.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops 1m

EXCLUIVE: #Bobcats shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and will look to replace him with Otto Porter using No. 4 pick. http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/25 ... to-porter/ …
Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why exactly do the Bobcats think Otto will be there at 4?

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Why exactly do the Bobcats think Otto will be there at 4?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote