Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-25-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Why exactly do the Bobcats think Otto will be there at 4?
I'm guessing they'll wait till there pick to see if he's there before shopping MKG. If they don't then they're beyond stupid

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I'm guessing they'll wait till there pick to see if he's there before shopping MKG. If they don't then they're beyond stupid
I think they are stupid if they shop MKG in general. He's been the 1 pick in the last(I've lost track) where they actually took the guy they should have who had some potential. So the 1 time they halfway get it right they want to trade him? I guess they are gonna let Jordan continue to run this team into the ground.

I'd absolutely love to have MKG on the Mavs, if I'm a GM I test just how stupid Jordan is and at least throw out some offers for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Since Hollinger moved on to greener pastures this season, Pelton is in charge of giving us a numbers based look at the prospects. In case you guys missed it, the numbers route was able to pick out gems like Ty Lawson, Kawhi Leonard, and Tobis Harris, and point out busts like the Morris Twins and Cole Aldrich. Since it's locked behind a pay wall I will point out the interesting stuff. He breaks it down into the top 30 according to Chad Ford's rankings and then the top 100 overall.

-NERLENS NOEL is #1 by a fair margin, and would have been #2 to Anthony Davis had he been eligible last season.

-KENTAVIOUS CALDWELL-POPE rates as the 3rd best player in the top 30 behind PORTER and NOEL. He is far and away the best SG prospect rated with OLADIPO and MCLEMORE in a virtual tie at 17 and 18. Other highly rated SGs are SERGEY KARASEV at 10, ALLEN CRABBE at 15 and REGGIE BULLOCK at 19. LEDO wasn't rated since he has no numbers.

-The Point guards go MCCOLLUM at 5, BURKE at 7, CARTER-WILLIAMS at 9. CJ MCCOLLUM gets a boost because of his rebounding and scoring efficiency. TREY BURKE takes a hit due to his lack of rebounding, but is the best PnR point in this draft by a mile. MICHAEL CARTER-WILLIAMS is good on assists, steals, and rebounds but kills his numbers with lots of turnovers and poor shooting.

-The massively overrated guys seem to be MUHAMMED (27th), OLADIPO (17th), and MCLEMORE (18th). B-MAC's low usage rate confirms our fears about him being passive. His low FT rate is bad news for a wing scorer, and his high turnovers are shocking considering how rarely he handles the ball. OLADIPO is hurt mostly by his lack of offense. He rates to be an impact defender, but not enough to put him in the top 5 like he is projected. MUHAMMED's weaknesses have been covered a million times before.

-Steal of the draft? ANDRE ROBERSON. Undersized power forward, super athletic, will be labeled a tweener, but has spent his college career being good to great defensively and on the glass against bigger players. these guys always go like 20 picks too low and then end up killing it. Look at Kenneth Faried.

-Another shocker, LUCAS NOGUEIRA rated as a top 10 prospect. Considering Giannis Antetokounmpo and Dennis Schroeder weren't rated because they play in lesser European leagues, the Brazilian kid looks to be the best international prospect. For reference, he plays in the league that Serge Ibaka came from and has a higher block rate while making 55% of his shots. Definitely worth a look.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...prospects-warp
I grabbed KCP, Bullock, and Roberson in the forum mock.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JACKIE CARMICHAEL!

#uselessRedbirdPlug.

Seriously hope someone like OKC or Miami pick him up so he can make an impact as a 7th or 8th man.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wmd or brodeur, who do you want for the Pistons?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard they want Bazz

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
wmd or brodeur, who do you want for the Pistons?
My big board, at this point...

Noel
Oladipo
Burke
Porter
McLemore
Pope
McCollum

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I've heard they want Bazz
I love you so much.

Shabazz to the Pistons.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope your piece of **** franchise moves to Seattle, maybe then they'll achieve a real fanbase.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said this many pages ago in this thread, but whoever gets Len in this draft is a winner IMO.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I said this many pages ago in this thread, but whoever gets Len in this draft is a winner IMO.
You spelled loser wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's better than Steven Adams, who inexplicably is getting mocked in the top 10 lately.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Knight and Shabazz on the same team is a dream of mine.

and OJ Mayo too.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having a hell of a time piecing together a big board for the Pelicans but this is my tentative one:

1) Noel
2) Porter
3) McCollum
4) KCP
5) McLemore

It's quite different from most Pelican bloggers

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Brandon Knight and Shabazz on the same team is a dream of mine.

and OJ Mayo too.
You know what's a dream of mine? For you to die.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

You don't need to be rude like that.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then get Josh Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
You don't need to be rude like that.

Sometimes it takes a monster to tell the truth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shabazz worked out for Detroit yesterday, and apparently it went well.

:)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Shabazz worked out for Detroit yesterday, and apparently it went well.

:)
I wanted you to get Pope because I like the Wolves, but you've brought it on yourself. Your end is coming.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

We're going to get either Pope or McCollum, every mock draft since May has told me so, and they are always right.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Then they will trade Monroe, Drummond and next year unprotected first round pick for Cousins.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bullock: late teen worthy?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Reggie Bullock: late teen worthy?
No. One trick pony and he isn't even THAT great at that. If he can rebound at SG like he does at SF, he'd be a good 6th man. Danny-Greenesque.

And whichever team is STUPID enough to draft Len will regret it by the middle of next year. 12 out of the 21 ACC games UMD played last year, he scored 10 or fewer points. It's ridiculous that he's even getting 1st round mentions, much less top 5 pick consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote