Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be unfortunate if they go from the Bynum knee nightmare to Noel's knee problem if it was indeed red flagged during the draft. They gave away a really good pg in Jrue for it. We'll see how their season goes, I'd move them up the list on the suck for Wiggins.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2014 is already being heralded as a great draft. Some names i think could be well documented by next draft day:

Wiggins
Smart
Parker
Randle
Hezonja
Saric
McGary
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Smart bandwagon. I love his game.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
2014 is already being heralded as a great draft. Some names i think could be well documented by next draft day:

Wiggins
Smart
Parker
Randle
Hezonja
Saric
McGary
Aaron Gordon?

Also, if he puts in the work, Willie Cauley-Stein is going to be a top 5 pick.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Cavs won the lottery again next year (extremely unlikely unfortuantely, were a year early) we'd have maybe the best young roster in the league with Wiggins rounding out the lineup at the SF position. I can dream.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If the Cavs won the lottery again next year (extremely unlikely unfortuantely, were a year early) we'd have maybe the best young roster in the league with Wiggins rounding out the lineup at the SF position. I can dream.
Anthony Bennett will play SF. However if they did happen to get another #1 pick they'd probably trade Tristan for a C, move Bennett to PF and let Wiggins take over at SF.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Aaron Gordon?

Also, if he puts in the work, Willie Cauley-Stein is going to be a top 5 pick.
Definitely Gordon. It was just some names off the top of my head. Not scientific by any means.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Well the Knicks signed CJ Leslie so boom.
The best and worst D-League player ever.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Smart is ******* awful.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Gordon slips, he seems like a prime candidate to me. He's a great prospect as a 4 but wants to be a 3, if he plays too much on the perimeter next year I could see him struggling and taking a bit of a tumble.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Marcus Smart is ******* awful.
You're awful!

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McGary
Heh, McGary.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You're awful!

Let's see him crack 41% shooting and then I will be willing to discuss.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If that's all you're worried about that's nothing. Shooting has been proven as a skill that can be improved over time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

40% shooting in college is absolutely horrific.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:57 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two important things to say.

1: Mitch McGary rules
2. 2013 was the best draft ever

Thumbs up if u agree
Old 06-29-2013, 05:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You've been hanging around with Brody way too much
Old 06-29-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If that's all you're worried about that's nothing. Shooting has been proven as a skill that can be improved over time.
Shooting is easy. Go out and shoot one or two thousand jumpers a day for an offseason, with an emphasis on deep shots, and you'll get pretty good by the time you're done.

Offensive instincts, on the other hand, are incredibly difficult to improve.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Heh, McGary.
I'll admit he needs to keep improving but I thought he may have been one of the two or three best players in the tournament. Obviously you aren't buying those David Lee/Kevin Love comparisons.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'll admit he needs to keep improving but I thought he may have been one of the two or three best players in the tournament. Obviously you aren't buying those David Lee/Kevin Love comparisons.
Mitch McGary is cool and all and I think he will be a good rebounder in the NBA, but anyone comparing him to Love is on crack.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart is A LOT better than Shabazz, because he's a really good rebounder for a point guard and forces a lot of turnovers. He's just a bad shooter and turns the ball over too much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
Anthony Bennett will play SF. However if they did happen to get another #1 pick they'd probably trade Tristan for a C, move Bennett to PF and let Wiggins take over at SF.
I think Bennett will play some small forward, but really they ideally will have him play PF and Thompson be the extra big off the bench. Thompson is good but I think the idea of taking Bennett was taking the guy they thought was the best player in the draft, not so much to pigeonhole the guy to fill their needs. If they get the #1 pick next year and get Wiggins, or sign LeBron, or bring in a stud SF or whatever, absolutely no hesitation to have Bennett and Wiggins as the forwards. I don't know if they'd trade Thompson or not, it's not a bad thing to have an extra stud young PF.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think Bennett will play some small forward, but really they ideally will have him play PF and Thompson be the extra big off the bench. Thompson is good but I think the idea of taking Bennett was taking the guy they thought was the best player in the draft, not so much to pigeonhole the guy to fill their needs. If they get the #1 pick next year and get Wiggins, or sign LeBron, or bring in a stud SF or whatever, absolutely no hesitation to have Bennett and Wiggins as the forwards. I don't know if they'd trade Thompson or not, it's not a bad thing to have an extra stud young PF.
Bennett is not even close to the best player in the draft, so it's more of a stupidity pick than anything. Thompson is a very solid player, taking another PF is just ******* stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-29-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's right Larkin will probably win rookie of the year.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
That's right Larkin will probably win rookie of the year.

RIP TheManInBlack