Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
Escobar in round 2? That's a little high for another TE pick.
I think Escobar is a legitimate second rounder. Some even like him better than Ertz.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
does any1 else not believe the Jags are serious about Geno Smith? The whole thing just seems like a smoke screen.
With the personnel they sent to his Pro Day that would be a very elaborate smokescreen. Not saying it isn't possible, but I think Jacksonville's interest in Geno Smith is legitimate.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinPhan View Post
Scott:

Been visiting this site for years, you do a great job and I appreciate the work you put in.

Question regarding Xavier Rhodes to Miami at #12:

Over the last couple of weeks, I've read a lot of reports claiming that the Dolphins aren't in love with Rhodes because they do not see him as a good fit in their scheme. Rhodes strength being press coverage and the Dolphins running a lot of zone...

In your explanation, you wrote that Rhodes is actually a good fit in Miami's scheme. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks,
PhinPhan
I think the concerns with Rhodes / Miami probably stem from his ball skills and playmaking ability, or lack thereof. However, I think Rhodes has the size the Dolphins look for in a corner and he is best facing the action which is ideal for a zone scheme. Rhodes isn't afraid to hit either.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
DT is just not a position of need at this time. Signed Sims and Walker still got Tommy Kelly and a nice looking draft pick from last year. It's a crowded group of DTs as it is.
You mean Pat Sims and Vance Walker, two career backups?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I think the concerns with Rhodes / Miami probably stem from his ball skills and playmaking ability, or lack thereof. However, I think Rhodes has the size the Dolphins look for in a corner and he is best facing the action which is ideal for a zone scheme. Rhodes isn't afraid to hit either.
He fits to a T what the Dolphins look for size-wise in cornerbacks, there's no doubt about that. Which is why I've been confused about picks like Robert Alford for Miami that you've had in previous mocks.

The only problem is, Xavier looks a little stiff in the hips which worries me if he is going to fit in our zone scheme. It seems to me that Desmond Trufant might be a better fit for Miami based on that. Wouldn't you agree, Scott?

Also, while I love Datone Jones, he isn't an ideal fit for Miami either. He seems like an ideal base 4-3 LE, and that is the position that Cam Wake currently occupies. Miami needs a legit pass-rushing RE to bookend Wake and that doesn't seem like Datone Jones. I think Tank Carradine would fit there better, seeing as how he's still available in your mock.

And I'm slightly disappointed you didn't mix it up and go Tavon for Miami at 12. Think that could be a surprise pick. Thoughts?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
DavelinaJolie
Rookie

DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just underwhelmed by Minter, I think in that scenario the Ravens should take Brown who has the ability to be a true 3 down linebacker which is what they really need.
DavelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The Bengals were much better on D than on O and aren't losing any key guys on the defensive side of the ball. I'd be shocked if they spent their firs 3 picks all on defense.

Even if the needs were not arguably more on the offensive side, since the coordinators have such a big say in the draft plan, they often seem to try to split it pretty evenly. For example, I believe in the last draft the Bengals went D-O-D-O-D-O-D-O-D-O. Literally alternating every pick, 5 on each side of the ball.

I think they will end up doing it similarly this year with 2 picks on O and 2 picks on D in the first 3 rounds.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote