Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I never said he was garbage I said he's overrated. His evaluation is based on his potential and not his current ability, which is nothing. His game tape of pass rushing is all running around tackles that are way too slow off the snap. He would need some amazing coaching to develop. I also haven't heard any scouts say that he's a better prospect than Floyd.
You think Jordan is overrated. People think Floyd is overrated.

But somehow when you do it with Jordan it's okay and when other people do it with Floyd they are ignorant and stupid for ignoring what other people are saying.

*sigh*

Quote:
I'd like to see you get 6.5 sacks in a 13 game season as a 300+ lb DT in the SEC.
Looooooool.

Your defense for Floyd has come down to making up stats and saying he's a good player because someone on a internet forum isn't as good as him.

Good work, Robcards.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 03-26-2013 at 11:58 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
You think Jordan is overrated. People think Floyd is overrated.

But somehow when you do it with Jordan it's okay and when other people do it with Floyd they are ignorant and stupid for ignoring what other people are saying.

*sigh*

Looooooool.

Your defense for Floyd has come down to making up stats and saying he's a good player because someone on a internet forum isn't as good as him.

Good work, Robcards.
If he simply said Floyd was overrated we wouldn't be having this conversation. He said he wasn't even worth a top 15 pick, which is absolutely outrageous considering how weak this draft is. I at least admit I'd take Jordan at 16-20 because he'd likely be a solid 3-4 Sam backer and complimentary rusher.

I also didn't make any stats up, I googled sharif Floyd stats and the only one I could find easily was CBS sports saying he had 13 TFLs and 6.5 sacks. Try it yourself if you don't believe. F do I care, stats are meaningless I was using them to counter his argument that Floyd didnt get to the qb. I value tape >>>> stats personally. Floyd has good tape. Jordan does not.

PS- ill save you the trouble of googling:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737102

Email the editor to change paragraph 5 of the overview

Last edited by Robcards : 03-27-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.../sharrif-floyd

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/...k/gamelog.html

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...rrif-Floyd.php

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharrif Floyd had 3 sacks this year. 1 against Florida State and 2 against Louisville none against SEC talent. He is pretty overrated but will get drafted high due to his potential.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he simply said Floyd was overrated we wouldn't be having this conversation. He said he wasn't even worth a top 15 pick, which is absolutely outrageous considering how weak this draft is. I at least admit I'd take Jordan at 16-20 because he'd likely be a solid 3-4 Sam backer and complimentary rusher.

I also didn't make any stats up, I googled sharif Floyd stats and the only one I could find easily was CBS sports saying he had 13 TFLs and 6.5 sacks. Try it yourself if you don't believe. F do I care, stats are meaningless I was using them to counter his argument that Floyd didnt get to the qb. I value tape >>>> stats personally. Floyd has good tape. Jordan does not.

PS- ill save you the trouble of googling:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737102

Email the editor to change paragraph 5 of the overview
Okay, okay.

Disagreeing with the consensus is okay, but only to a point? Dion Jordan who is being mocked in the top 5, being worth around 16-20 is fine. But Floyd also being mocked top 5 not being worth top 15 is not fine.

And it's not as if teams don't sometimes get it massively wrong, so why is it too crazy to predict Floyd is a lot worse than people think?

It's just double standards and it's stupid.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Robcards, how much tape have you seen on Floyd? Enough to know the difference between 3 sacks and 6.5 sacks?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Hey Robcards, how much tape have you seen on Floyd? Enough to know the difference between 3 sacks and 6.5 sacks?
Obvious if it is posted on the internet it is not a lie. The Internet does not lie!

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao what a great debate about Floyd, totally agree with you NIP on every point you've made. If we go DT I'm hoping its Lotulelei who not only got to the QB more but also is more versatile and bigger. Dion Jordan will be a better pro player than Sharrif Floyd, quote me in your sig if you want Robcards

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to lay it down right now. Lamarr Houston will be a better 3-tech (and already is) than Sharrif Floyd ever will be.

I will freaking throw my tv out a window if the Raiders draft Floyd. He is absolutely not special even in the least. One would think the best pass rushing DT would be able to get to the QB 5 times in HIS ENTIRE ******* CAREER.

No. Nope. No. Uhn-uh. No sir. Do not want. Absolutely not. Get him away from me.

This guy is more Gerard Warren than Warren Sapp.

And why the **** would a team with nearly the worst pass rush in the NFL decide the best thing to do to fix its pass rush is grab an interior lineman????

Hey, I have trouble running the football, I'm going to grab a mobile QB.
I'm having trouble stopping the run, I'm going to grab a CB who can tackle really well.
I'm having trouble pass blocking, I'm going to grab a great blocking TE.
I'm having trouble rushing the passer, I'm going to grab a DT who has 4.5 sacks in 3 seasons in college football.

Or you can do the ane thing and grab a rush 'backer or DE.
I think there's more to it then simply production. By all accounts, Floyd is a great person who's overcome a lot of adversity in his life. He's a tireless worker-there's the story at his pro day that the coach putting him through the drills never called a practice session before Floyd's-usually the player always called it quits.

The Raiders are in full rebuild mode so clearly they're going to look upfront first and at QB. Because of the Pryor situation, they'll probably look to see what they have there before getting another. They've got some key pieces on the Oline. They're about to release Kelly and all they have are journeymen backups there now.

I think Floyd's actually very similar to Houston. He's slightly less explosive but sheds much better. He's got a high floor for a DT and the Raiders can't afford to miss. And there really aren't any sure fire DEs in this draft at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
. This is to the guy that "wouldn't be thrilled" with Chance Warmack, a consensus top 10 prospect, at the 20th pick for a team that started Chilo Rachal, Chris Spencer, and a UDFA at LG last year and has given up the most sacks over the last 4 years.
You understand that you're on a draft board, filled with people that have spent a good majority of the past year forming opinions on draft-eligible prospects, right? I like Warmack just fine, but I think the people that rate his as a top ten pick are stuck in 1995 when running games were still relevant. I'm not that interested in a mauling left guard when there will most likely be some other impact players available at the pick. Lucky for you, my opinion isn't going to stop the Bears from drafting him so you can stop trying to make whatever point it is you're trying to make.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepthoughtlife View Post
Sacks /= production
Lack of sacks /= lack of production

He produced at a very high level for a very good defense playing against a significant number of good teams. He was always the best player on the field. He was powerful. He held up at the point of attack. He was fast. He was agile. He was always where he needed to be. He successfully played several different positions.

62 tackles
13 tfls
4.5 sacks
9 pass breakups
1 pick

Not amazing stats, but not bad even if they were truly reflective of the quality of his play, and they severely understate it. Your objection to Ansah is still silly, and he is better now than most high end non-project players you may care to mention. Would I take a project that is already better than the other options? Always.

I'm not denying that he won't be good because he very might end up the best DE in the league, but the Steelers need guys who are sure things. They also don't draft projects in the first round. He doesn't fit their personnel at all. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but is be upset if the team took a project in the first round. Feel the same way with Dion Jordan.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrann Mathieu

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Within two sentences you say "i'm not saying people can't have their own opinion" and "if someone doesn't think Sharrif Floyd is the best DT, they are just disagreeing to disagree"...

Which one is it? There's a massive contradiction there.

You make it sound like popular opinion is always right and that 'popular opinion' means it's unanimous. Just because it isn't what everyone else agrees with, doesn't mean it's wrong. That's why teams have their own scouts and have more than one. They don't just use everyone else's opinion and it's good to have more than one point of view.

What you're saying is a complete joke.
That's not a contradiction at all. You can have an opinion and have it formed basically out of spite. I have a friend that hates the Bears, ND football, Michael Jordan, etc. because too many people liked them where we grew up in NW Indiana. That's all I'm saying. If someone doesn't like Floyd, it's likely out of spite (because everyone else likes him) or it's a misinformed opinion given all the resources out there.

And I even said that popular opinion doesn't mean it's right. The Raiders fan could be right about Floyd and he stinks. If he's right, congratulations to him.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
You understand that you're on a draft board, filled with people that have spent a good majority of the past year forming opinions on draft-eligible prospects, right? I like Warmack just fine, but I think the people that rate his as a top ten pick are stuck in 1995 when running games were still relevant. I'm not that interested in a mauling left guard when there will most likely be some other impact players available at the pick. Lucky for you, my opinion isn't going to stop the Bears from drafting him so you can stop trying to make whatever point it is you're trying to make.
Well, you aren't talking about the Bears taking him in the top 10. You're talking about 20th. And you said you wouldn't be thrilled with him. You know what a mauling LG is? Better than any guard the Bears have had over the last 4 years....ya know when Cutler's been sacked about 200 times and missed 9 games directly relating to the Bears missing the playoffs the last 3 years? Ask Cutler (the franchise QB) if he would rather have a LB or Warmack? The Bears FO has consistently undervalued the OL as a whole. Fans have continued to justify it with "Oh, I didn't like that guy anyway" and "we do have a need a safety too". To be upset that the Bears finally address OL with one of the most talented players at his position in the last 10 years is assinine. The Bears have LITERALLY missed the playoffs because of OL failures. They were headed to HFA when Cutler got hurt 2 years ago and lost 5 straight games. They missed the playoffs by 1 game this year, Cutler got hurt in a close loss and missed a loss the next week. The "other" needs didn't stop them. OL stopped them. There's not going to be anyone on the board better than Warmack if he's there at 20. Especially considering the Bears have only James Brown at LG currently. Every other position has an adequate starter projected. But YOU wouldn't like the pick?

Not to mention the fact that Warmack is, in fact, a very good pass protector. You can't bullrush him, and he has excellent feet to stop the speed rushers. Also very adept at picking up blitzing LBs/stunts. As I said, you are disagreeing to disagree or misinformed. Going with the latter considering you call him a mauling OG that only helps out in the run game (which the Bears suck at inside also, FWIW).
Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's not a contradiction at all. You can have an opinion and have it formed basically out of spite. I have a friend that hates the Bears, ND football, Michael Jordan, etc. because too many people liked them where we grew up in NW Indiana. That's all I'm saying. If someone doesn't like Floyd, it's likely out of spite (because everyone else likes him) or it's a misinformed opinion given all the resources out there.

And I even said that popular opinion doesn't mean it's right. The Raiders fan could be right about Floyd and he stinks. If he's right, congratulations to him.
Likely out of spite? How do you know this? That's just a load of ******** you're making up in your head. Just because someone has a different opinion, it doesn't mean it's out of spite.

You refusing to believe that, is you not accepting that people can have their OWN opinions. No one needs you telling them whether or not they actually believe they things they are saying.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, okay.

Disagreeing with the consensus is okay, but only to a point? Dion Jordan who is being mocked in the top 5, being worth around 16-20 is fine. But Floyd also being mocked top 5 not being worth top 15 is not fine.

And it's not as if teams don't sometimes get it massively wrong, so why is it too crazy to predict Floyd is a lot worse than people think?

It's just double standards and it's stupid.
Jordan is far from a consensus top 5 pick like Floyd is. I haven't seen many mocks that have Jordan in the top 5, I see a lot that have my jets (unfortunately) getting him at 9 so no it's not quite the same where Floyd is almost never mocked past 3 to the raiders.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody in this thread is making next to no sense.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
As previously stated, the tape > stats. I dont have access to tape of every 2012 game of Floyd and its not like I was sitting there with a notepad tallying the sacks. I was watching for explosion and technique. Which Jordan has little to no technique. I'd be far more confident in taking Floyd simply because you're not relying on upside like you would be with Jordan. Jordan needs ALOT of work.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Likely out of spite? How do you know this? That's just a load of ******** you're making up in your head. Just because someone has a different opinion, it doesn't mean it's out of spite.

You refusing to believe that, is you not accepting that people can have their OWN opinions. No one needs you telling them whether or not they actually believe they things they are saying.
Gloss over the word misinformed?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Gloss over the word misinformed?
Oh. my. god.

You do not know if they are misinformed...Has Floyd ever played a down in the NFL? If he busts are you still going to say people were misinformed about him? And don't give me the 'WELL NFL GUYS HAVE BEEN RIGHT' argument, because i'm not the one that's basically saying the consensus top players are always the best players from the draft.

AGAIN...Someone having a different opinion doesn't mean they are doing in spite OR are misinformed. It isn't factual evidence. We can all watch someone's tape and feel differently about it. You can't be 'misinformed'...You can have a different opinion which could be right or wrong, but you aren't misinformed.

****. please.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
deepthoughtlife
Rookie

deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm not denying that he won't be good because he very might end up the best DE in the league, but the Steelers need guys who are sure things. They also don't draft projects in the first round. He doesn't fit their personnel at all. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but is be upset if the team took a project in the first round. Feel the same way with Dion Jordan.
That is a much more reasonable opinion than I thought I was arguing with. I apologize. I still disagree, of course. Honestly, I think any team would be lucky to get Ansah outside the top 5, or especially the top 10, though I'm not convinced he should be a DE. (He can definitely be a DE, but he might be a better OLB). The thing to remember is that virtually every rookie is a project. Not a one is ready when they are drafted in most years. Ansah is a project, but where he is now is better than a lot of the other prospects projected in the same area of the draft, and he still has far more upside. Don't worry about it anyway, Ansah won't be available when the Steelers pick.

On a side note, Dion Jordan will be an excellent linebacker someday if he goes to the right team. He is a natural linebacker, not a DE, and not a rush backer.

Yet another side note, as a niners fan, I fully expect us to take someone off the wall. I would be shocked and pleased if we took someone as reasonable as Margus Hunt. At least then I could see why we took them. Our entire class last year played almost not at all.
deepthoughtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chance Warmack.
We just had Andy Levitre on our roster and let him go to Tennessee. We didn't even resign Chad Rinehart, who is a serviceable backup and an average starter. If we just draft Warmack we'll be spinning our tires in the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, you aren't talking about the Bears taking him in the top 10. You're talking about 20th. And you said you wouldn't be thrilled with him. You know what a mauling LG is? Better than any guard the Bears have had over the last 4 years....ya know when Cutler's been sacked about 200 times and missed 9 games directly relating to the Bears missing the playoffs the last 3 years? Ask Cutler (the franchise QB) if he would rather have a LB or Warmack? The Bears FO has consistently undervalued the OL as a whole. Fans have continued to justify it with "Oh, I didn't like that guy anyway" and "we do have a need a safety too". To be upset that the Bears finally address OL with one of the most talented players at his position in the last 10 years is assinine. The Bears have LITERALLY missed the playoffs because of OL failures. They were headed to HFA when Cutler got hurt 2 years ago and lost 5 straight games. They missed the playoffs by 1 game this year, Cutler got hurt in a close loss and missed a loss the next week. The "other" needs didn't stop them. OL stopped them. There's not going to be anyone on the board better than Warmack if he's there at 20. Especially considering the Bears have only James Brown at LG currently. Every other position has an adequate starter projected. But YOU wouldn't like the pick?

Not to mention the fact that Warmack is, in fact, a very good pass protector. You can't bullrush him, and he has excellent feet to stop the speed rushers. Also very adept at picking up blitzing LBs/stunts. As I said, you are disagreeing to disagree or misinformed. Going with the latter considering you call him a mauling OG that only helps out in the run game (which the Bears suck at inside also, FWIW).
I'm not sure why you feel the need to tell me about the Bears' offensive line problems. As if I'm not fully aware of them. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with this as you've already shown quite a knack for twisting my words around. I, personally, would be "unimpressed" (my exact wording, btw) if the Bears picked Warmack. I think there would be better ways to improve the team with the 20th pick. I never said Warmack couldn't pass protect, but that's certainly not why people rate him as a top 10 type pick. It's because he's a mauling run blocker. I don't value that like others seem to. I'm done talking about this now.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vaccaro, Patterson. But truth be told, I am more likely to throw the remote when my team passes on obvious gifts throughout day 3 and takes the average dud instead.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'm not sure why you feel the need to tell me about the Bears' offensive line problems. As if I'm not fully aware of them. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with this as you've already shown quite a knack for twisting my words around. I, personally, would be "unimpressed" (my exact wording, btw) if the Bears picked Warmack. I think there would be better ways to improve the team with the 20th pick. I never said Warmack couldn't pass protect, but that's certainly not why people rate him as a top 10 type pick. It's because he's a mauling run blocker. I don't value that like others seem to. I'm done talking about this now.
What better ways are there to improve the team than OL? And not just any lineman, one of the consensus top 2 guards in the draft. You're not getting Warford at 50 (who I really like and would be very happy with) and the dropoff from Warmack to guys like Kyle Long, Barrett Jones (and his foot), and guys like Justin Pugh and Brian Winters is much bigger than the dropoff at any other position the Bears will likely consider in the 1st round.

Austin would greatly improve the team....but that much more than Wheaton?
Arthur Brown would greatly improve the team.....but that much more than Khaseem Greene?
Trufant would greatly improve the team....but that much more than Jamar Taylor?

You're lying to yourself if you don't think OL's the Bears biggest issue and has been since the day John Tait retired and getting a good one wouldn't help this team more than anything...especially over a 3rd WR, nickel CB, and LB.