Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler. Remember those names.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

For the 49ers.

Delanie Walker, this kid could be a stud this year at H back.

Brandon Moore, by far the best ILB on our roster.

Ronald Fields, he has some upside and he's expected to do some big things on our D line next year.

Last edited by Larry : 04-04-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints
Roman Harper SS- 2nd round pick last year. Had a great showing the first 3 games then got hurt for the season. We signed KK from the Bengals who will hold his spot down until he recovers. Hopefully he's back for the season and we can move KK to FS to tkae over Bullocks spot as he's steadily regressed.

If not him then Rob Ninkovich DE-Got hurt last year too in the Home Opener. 5th round pick last year who will be a beast.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cortland Finnegan - Cornerback

Was drafted in the sixth round of the draft last year and was expected to make the practice squad and possibly be a special teamer. Came onto the active roster and did well gaining 55 tackles and recovering a fumble for a memorable 92 yard touchdown. With the expected loss of Pacman Jones for possibly the whole season, Cortland will probably start as a slot cornerback for the team. This guy can run with the best of them and will be exceptionally well as a slot corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it has to be Ced Griffin for the Vikes. Offensively we are horrible(I mean Raider bad) so it has to be a defender. Winfield might finally get the credit he deserves, but I doubt it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freddy Keiaho for the Indianapolis Colts gets my nod. Sooner rather than later, we will be saying he's the best WLB the Colts have had since Mike Peterson.

Great call on Dusty Dvoracek, SFBear.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerious Norwood-Falcons
Some might remember his run against Redskins if you dont look it up. There will be many highlights coming out of ATL thanks to this 3rd rounder.
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the less-known guys, it could be any of Keith Ellison, who showed a decent tackling ability and looked good in the scheme, Duke Preston, who needs to get a lot better at run blocking before I can give him much credence here, or a real longshot in Anthony Hargrove. The coahces and fans have been in consensus that he really came on strong when we brought him in last year and he looked very good and effective in his time. That said, however, Schobel still takes the right side on every down and Hargrove is as of right now our 3rd LE, so his time will be limited by money man Kelsay and solid counterpart Ryan Denney, although the three provide for a very nice rotation that was solidified and refreshed by the addition of Hargrove.
For a real breakout though, he's more well known but the chance to move into a higher echelon would go to Angelo Crowell. He's been our best linebacker over the past year and is poised for a good year in the mdidle or weak side. Peters is already playing at that very high level and just needs some recognition that is often hard to come by on the line.
As previously mentioned, Ko-J Simpson could have a big year. He's a playmaker in the making, and the year of learning and polish under his belt should lead to a nice year alongside Whitner, who is coming off an astounding year and is now the bright spot of our secondary.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like every other Titans fan, I was impressed with Cortland Finnegan last year. Very athletic, physical, and instinctive.

But the guy I really want to see break out is Ben Troupe. I'm sure lots of people remember him from the 04 draft....but not so much for his play on the NFL field so far. I still think he can be a very good pass catching TE, we'll see I guess.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One player on the Packer's i really like is Cullen Jenkins (Kris Jenkins little brother). I see him having a good year at DE. Also Colin Cole and Marviel Underwoood.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Patriots-
Ellis Hobbs, CB Hobbs really improved inh his second year, and is the teams #2 corner (as of now) alongside Samuel. Like Asante, he is a little undersized but is quick and packs a punch. He is a playmaker and a solid kick returner as well.
Great pick. As Michael Holley would say, "Ellis my main man Hobbs." Gotta give him credit, he's been raving about him since training camp of his rookie year...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
James Sanders.... Safety for the Pats
No offense, but I really hope you're wrong, because that would probably mean Rodney got hurt again, haha. But that's the only reason I say that...
Old 04-04-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Fish

Panthers
Richard Marshall - Cornerback
Came out of college and stated he would be a starter in Carolina with 2 solid starters already in Lucas and Gamble.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

And I guess I'll go with David Thomas, our third round TE from Texas. With Daniel Graham gone, he'll pick up a lot of the throws that would have gone his way, and if Watson gets hurt, he'd move up to #1 on the TE depth chart. In an offense that spreads the ball a lot and with Brady loving his TE's, he should see a lot of balls. Watching that TD catch he made against Jacksonville from the seats that I had was amazing...
Old 04-05-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation420
Rookie

RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420

DT- Terdell "Big Turd" Sands

also maybe CB - Stanford Routt.
RaiderNation420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Freddy Keiaho, Colts LB. He's an utter beast. He stuffed LJ at the line in the Chiefs playoff game about 3 times. He's like Cato June, only a harder hitter...now that he has a year of experience, and the opportunity to start, get ready to watch his tackles on SportsCenter.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 AM    (permalink
teneight
Rookie

teneight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

darnell bing OLB

Hawthrone DT

standford routt CB
teneight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Tha rizzock needs more cowbell.

TE John madsen
Old 04-05-2007, 04:28 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jonathan Fanene DE/DT 6'4" 295 hurt most of last year. Was a late round draftee 2 yrs ago. will be counted on this year to be a contributor on the D-line for the Bengals
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:30 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really hoping Mark Bradley. He is fast, and can jump, and has shown some signs of being a good playmaker, but he is oft injured. I also hope that if Dmanning is playing FS again taht he does have a good season as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:55 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Michael Boley is my boy.
I have to agree. He is a beast and I'm surprised we got him in the 5th round in 2005. but I would have to say the falcon I am expecting to break out finally is Roddy White. he finally has 3 things I have always said he needed: a good scheme, a mentor who will make him produce, and a WR coach who actually knows the position.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Omar Gaither, came on late last season. He now has Takeo Spikes at the other outside linebacker spot so he should do very well. Reggie Brown maybe as well being a number 1 WR this season.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

matt roth he is a 2nd round DE for the 3-4 system from a few years ago. But he was stuck behind Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday on the depth chart. He started to get some more playing time last year and did very well. He will be playing next to either Jason Taylor or Joey Porter which helps as well. So he should see alot of one on ones. I expect a big year from the kid
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs:

Jeff Webb/Chris Hannon - A 6th round pick last year Webb might take over for Dante Hall on KO's and will see a lot more time on offense.look for Webb to have a big impact this year.Has good size and hands might actually start this year.Hannon an undrafted free agent out of Tennessee who I really liked coming into last year's draft should also see some action this year as Samie Parker more then likely will not return and Eddie Kennison is getting a bit older.

Last edited by T-RICH49 : 04-05-2007 at 10:08 AM.
T-RICH49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leigh Bodden, Sean Jones, and Brodney Pool are all know...but they're going to make the Brown's secondary down right beastly sooner than later.

Leon Williams (ILB 2006 4th rounder 6'3 240 4.5) is going to be a beast as well. He was dominate during the time he saw the field last year, and has a VERY real chance at taking D'Qwell Jackson's spot at ILB or moving out to OLB.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote