Explanations for every pick.
As always – The GIFS represent how I’m expecting the fan base of the team to take my projection. I put explanations next to each pick so if you disagree – I’m all for listening to criticism as long as it’s logical.
• No Trades
• Only 1 QB Taken
Enjoy …..And Respond before I snap with more gifs…….
1. Kansas City Chiefs – OT Luke Joeckel – Texas A&M : It is what it is Chiefs fans. It’s a non sexy #1 pick but you take him, and then Albert can’t hold you guys ransom. If Albert leaves, he slides over to the LT in 2014.
2. Jacksonville Jags – DT Sharrif Floyd – Florida: This is kind of like the KC pick and just a very non sexy pick for Jags fans, but Floyd can play. You put this guy on the line and he will be a stalwart for 10+years. Jacksonville needs to start somewhere on defense and it starts with Floyd.
3. Oakland Raiders – DE Dion Jordan – Oregon: The raiders have some needs all over the place. Let’s just be real here. I’m going to go with their biggest need on the defense first though which is Pass Rush (similar to the bills). Dion Jordan can take their defense to the next level.
4. Philadelphia Eagles – OT Eric Fisher – Central Michigan : I don’t think the Eagles trust Jason Peters to stay healthy for a whole season plus their line needs help either way.
5. Detroit Lions – CB Dee Millner – Alabama: Detroit had some really nice signings in the FA period so far. That being said, they still need that lockdown CB and Millner gives them that finally. I’m not buying the hype that he is falling.
6. Cleveland Browns – QB Geno Smith – West Virginia: This is just a feel one for me. I like Weeden and I actually thought they made a good pick, but I don’t think new regime is on board with him from what I read. As well all know, if you aren’t the coaches’ handpicked guy, things get sour a little quickly. So I’m thinking QB here and Geno it is.
7. Arizona Cardinals – OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma: They traded for Palmer. They probably could use some help on defense, but not as much as they need to fix that O-line. They take a guy who could easily be the best OT to come out of this draft.
8. Buffalo Bills – OLB Jarvis Jones – Georgia: I want Jarvis Jones. I think Jarvis is the best defensive player in this draft. Therefore, I’m going selfish.
9. New York Jets – OLB Barkevious Mingo – LSU: Rex Ryan makes sure his defense is full of aggressive playmakers. If you look at the roster right now, the talent is rather dull for a Ryan defense. Mingo upgrades them, and gives him another toy to play with.
10. Tennessee Titans – DE Ezekial Ansah – BYU: I’m going to be completely honest. I don’t like Ansah. I think he is a project. When I watch even his HIGHLIGHT tapes, I’m not that impressed. That being said, people love him and think he will be best pass rusher coming out of this draft so here you go Titans fans.
11. San Diego Chargers – OG Chance Warmack – Alabama: San Diego needs offensive line help. Preferably they would hope one of the top 3 tackles fell to them, but as you see that didn’t happen. The next best thing? This beast named Warmack that will maul people to death.
12. Miami Dolphins - DT Star Lotulelei – Utah: I make this pick for two reasons. Star is too good to pass up at this point in the draft, and secondly Miami technically needs him here as well. They took care of majority of their needs through FA. Starks is tagged, and they never seem too excited about Odrick. Star is their anchor for years to come.
13. Tampa Bay Bucs – CB Xavier Rhodes – FSU: Tampa Bay has 0 CB’s. Coach Schiano loves big, physical play from his DB’s. Insert Rhodes. Tampa you have a #1 CB.
14. Carolina Panthers – S Kenny Vaccaro – Texas: I think Vaccaro is by far the best safety in this class the more I watch his videos. He can cover the field, and is a solid tackler as well. Carolina’s defense was putrid and they need to start over in the secondary. Vaccaro will be the QB of the defense.
15. New Orleans Saints- DE – Bjoern Werner – FSU: I literally piss off the Saints fans everytime in my mocks. Jarvis is off the board, Mingo is off the board. Werner is here and he is a damn good consolation prize for #15 and to improve your pass rush. A lot of people think he can play multiple defensive systems as well. So you take it and you love it!
16. St.Louis Rams – WR Cordarrelle Patterson – Tennessee: I am of the belief that Patterson is not worth a top 10 pick, but yet he is still the #1 WR on the board. He falls to #16 and the Rams happily skip to the podium to take him to be Bradford’s #1.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – DE Damontre Moore – Texas A&M: Similar to what I posted about the Saints a few picks up. Pittsburgh needs to get faster on defense, and they need the pass rush that makes their defense great. Moore is not a workout person as we all saw, but he makes plays when the lights turn on.
18. Dallas Cowboys – OG Johnathon Cooper – UNC : You guys just gave Mr.Romo 55mil guaranteed. You guys would like to protect that 55mil, and you do it with a beast on the inside named Cooper.
19. New York Giants – DE Tank Carradine – FSU: I’m not sure how the Giants fans would feel about this. In my mind, Carradine is a safe pick and I expect him to enter the mid first round talk once he works out on April 20th and shows where he is in the recovery. Giants are at their best when their pass rush is going, and they need insurance in case Tuck continues to regress backwards.
20. Chicago Bears – LB – Kevin Minter – LSU: I love Kevin Minter. I don’t think DJ Williams is the same player he used to be, and I think Kevin Minter would fit your defense perfectly. You have your next stud LB to lead your defense for the next decade.
21. Cincinnati Bengals – LB – Alec Ogletree – Georgia: Going back to my original pick for the Bengals. Olgetree is another player I thought was a difference maker during last year’s college season. If he showed teams in the interviews that his head is in the right place now, he could be going even higher than this with his talents.
22. St.Louis Rams – OT DJ Fluker – Alabama: Rams get their #1 WR with their 1st pick, and now it is time to get some much needed protection for Bradford. Fluker is a little slow footed but he will be a solid NFL pro just like he was at Bama.
23. Minnesota Vikings - DT Sheldon Richardson – Mizzou: With the first of two picks here in the 1st, I see them not being able to pass up Richardson at this spot. He can be an anchor for their d-line, and make it treacherous to face like the old days.
24. Indianapolis Colts – WR – DeAndre Hopkins – Clemson: He is my #1 ranked WR. I think he is a #1 WR waiting to happen in the NFL. People get down on his timed speed, but he is a natural playmaker that can run any route that is called upon. I know Indy just signed DHB but they still need the future replacement to Wayne.
25. Minnesota Vikings (Via Seattle) – CB – Desmond Trufant – Washington : Basically since you guys signed Greg Jennings, I’m thinking you guys go all defense with first two picks here. First you get Richardson for your front 7, now you add another talent in the secondary with Trufant. You let Winfield go so that is going to hurt, but adding Trufant with Cook will be a nice duo.
26. Houston Texans – WR – Keenan Allen – Cal – The Texans are pretty set on defense. I was tempted to go safety here like in my previous mock, but I feel like #2 WR ( Future replacement for Andre) is a more glaring need. After that, take into account that Allen is still available and it seems like a no brainer pick here for the Texans.
27. Green Bay Packers – S - Johnathan Cyprien – FIU – The Green Bay defense has not been the same since the injury to Collins. They got a solid front 7 and they got solid CB’s so what is missing?? Playmaking Safety that’s what!! Cyprien is just a beast on tape and has impressed scouts all the way through this draft process. He takes their defense to the next level.
28. Denver Broncos – DT – Jonathon Hankins – Ohio State – Alright Denver Fans, your offense is stacked to the max so we got to go defense. Hankins is my favorite of the DT’s left. You guys are missing something in that middle of that line, and Hankins is that something. Exciting?? No. Solid Pick?? Hell yes.
29. New England Patriots – WR – Tavon Austin – West Virginia – I’m a big fan of Tavon. I understand him rising rapidly through the draft boards. In the end, I think he still falls due to his size to the end of the 1st rnd. And who does he fall to? The F’n Patriots and right into their offense. I hate you Tom Brady, I hate you so much.
30. Atlanta Falcons – TE – Tyler Eifert – Notre Dame – I’m guessing this pick would not be popular with ATL fans because they still got Gonz for 1 more year, but the rest of the team seems strong and getting his replacement sooner rather than later isn’t a bad idea.
31. San Francisco 49ers – S – Matt Elam – Florida – I struggled with which safety to go with on this pick. I like Eric Reid more personally, but I have a feeling Elam is higher on most teams boards. His hard hitting style should fit right in with that defense, but I fear for your pass coverage because Whitner + Elam = A lot of blown coverages. The gif represents the 49ers attitude towards everybody.
32. Baltimore Ravens – OT – Menelik Watson – FSU – Originally I had them going defense, but after looking at their FA pickups, I decided to go the other side of the ball. Menelik is a little raw but he can be a damn good OT in the NFL with all his intangibles. You just put your franchise on the back of Flacco, and he will be protected by 2 damn good OT’s in Oher and Watson.
Are you not entertained? The End Suckas!