Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default One-Round Mock Draft With Trades (and explanations)

Projected Trades
- Detroit trades picks 5 and 65 to Jacksonville for pick 2
- Miami trades picks 12 and 42 to Jacksonville for pick 5
- San Francisco trades picks 31, 34, 93 to San Diego for pick 11
- Dallas trades picks 18 and 80 to New Orleans for pick 15
- Houston trades picks 27 and 89 to St. Louis for pick 22

---

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
With Eric Winston cut and Branden Albert with the franchise tag, OT remains a need, while most others were already addressed with trades or free agents.

2. Detroit Lions (from JAX) - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Detroit jumps ahead of Philadelphia to ensure Fisher, allowing them to protect Matthew Stafford with two young bookend Tackles in Fisher and Riley Reiff.

3. Oakland Raiders - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Not comfortable with this pick; could also be Dion Jordan or Star. Whichever way they go, I'd expect it to be a defensive lineman.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
With Fisher off the board, I think this is the clear pick. Their new three-man front would be Fletcher Cox, Isaac Sopoaga, and Star.

5. Miami Dolphins (from JAX / DET) - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
They've been aggressive all off-season, but still need a LT. Johnson could play there and allow Jonathan Martin to stay at RT. Dolphins have plenty of ammo to make a trade-up work.

6. Cleveland Browns - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
They went after the front seven in free agency, but struck out at cornerback with Keenan Lewis and Brent Grimes. Michael Lombardi is close with Nick Saban and they need a CB opposite Haden.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
With all three of the premier OT's off the board, Jordan would fill their next biggest need and present tremendous value at 7.

8. Buffalo Bills - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
I'm not sure Geno makes it this far, but if he does, I'd imagine they run to the podium. Could start right away or sit behind Kevin Kolb initially.

9. New York Jets - Ezekiel Ansah, DE/LB, BYU
Jets need to add pass rush and his versatility and upside should intrigue Rex Ryan.

10. Tennessee Titans - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
They've stated that the offensive line is a priority this off-season, and they still need interior OL help after signing Andy Levitre. Cooper can play C or RG with Levitre at LG.

11. San Francisco 49ers (from SD) - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
49ers have plenty of picks to play with and can target a dynamic player to add to their offense, who they reportedly love, in Tavon Austin.

12. Jacksonville Jaguars (from MIA) - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
Ideal scheme fit in the new defense and can be the first consistent pass rusher since Tony Brackens.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Tampa needs at least two cornerbacks in this draft and Rhodes may be the best in this class.

14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Would fill the team's annual need in the interior defensive line.

15. Dallas Cowboys (from NO) - Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
Dallas jumps St. Louis and Pittsburgh to get their guy. They have needs at DT, RT, and OG, but Safety is glaring.

16. St. Louis Rams - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
They're making an effort to be more dynamic and explosive on offense. Enter Cordarrelle Patterson.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Perfect scheme fit and a case where value meets need.

18. New Orleans Saints (from DAL) - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
League's worst defense still needs help even after adding Keenan Lewis, Victor Butler, and Rob Ryan as coordinator. Jesse Williams could play the nose or end in their new 3-4.

19. New York Giants - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
They'll take the best available player, and with Warmack available, he fills a need too.

20. Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
With Warmack and Cooper gone, LB is the likely pick. Ogletree or Arthur Brown, in particular.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
Assuming Andre Smith doesn't re-sign with the Bengals, Fluker would make a ton of sense.

22. Houston Texans (from STL / WAS) - Keenan Allen, WR, California
They're likely to target a WR in the 1st, but may need to jump Minnesota to get their favorite of the remaining receivers on the board.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
WR and LB are more pressing needs, but Werner is great value at 23 and both starting ends, Jared Allen and Brian Robison, are free agents after this season.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
Robert Mathis is now 32 and Erik Walden is signed, but he's not that good anyway. Moore could be depth early on or push for a starting role as a rookie over Walden. This pick is also a likely trade spot, in my opinion.

25. Minnesota Vikings (from SEA) - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
Te'o would step in immediately at MLB, and GM Rick Spielman is said to love Notre Dame players. Harrison Smith in the first round worked out last year.

26. Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Jermichael Finley is back, but likely only for the 2013 season before he becomes a free agent. They also lost backup TE, Tom Crabtree. If not Eifert, I'd guess the pick would be UCLA DE, Datone Jones.

27. St. Louis Rams (from HOU) - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
The Rams reportedly had a lot of interest in Trent Richardson last year, and Lacy could be the pounder that Richardson is and Steven Jackson was.

28. Denver Broncos - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
This is also a possible trade spot. Denver still needs to replace Elvis Dumveril and add another CB and DT. All are possible here, but even with Terrance Knighton signed, interior DL is thin.

29. New England Patriots - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
The Patriots can control the middle of the field with Gronkowski, Hernandez, and Amendola. They lack guys that can win outside.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Not sure he falls this far, but if he does, he likely has to be the pick. Value and need collide.

31. San Diego Chargers (from SF) - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida state
If the Chargers want to help Philip Rivers and give him a chance to succeed, the offensive line has to be addressed. Watson is polarizing but has as much upside as anyone, and fits in their new ZBS.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Jonathan Cyprien, FS, Florida International
Comes down to one of three options: Cyprien, Arthur Brown, or trade down. All three are realistic, but I'll go Cyprien to play opposite Michael Huff at Safety.

Last edited by JaxJag_1 : 04-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.
JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dig it for Miami

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Buffalo - I'm hoping Geno doesn't make it to us because I don't want to take him with the #8 pick. Personally, don't think it matters because I don't see us going QB in 1st anymore.

As for whole mock - Solid picks and realistic trades too.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Jets draft
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol i cant take your mocks seriously when they're so blatantly biased towards the jaguars.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
lol i cant take your mocks seriously when they're so blatantly biased towards the jaguars.
But are the trades realistic? They're not blatantly fabricated.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the saints trade down but please go werner over williams

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have lost some interest in Moore to the Colts but I still like the pick.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
But are the trades realistic? They're not blatantly fabricated.
I don't think SF would give up quite that much to land Austin....maybe if he fell further....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the pick for the Eagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't see the 49ers trade up for anything other than a FS or a DT/NT. Can't see us targeting Tavon Austin or any receiver in the first.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously this was done with your favorite team in mind, but I don't think either trade is completely unrealistic. LT is Detroit's biggest need, with DE closely following. I'd give up a 3rd to make sure I got Fisher personally. I don't have anyone in the 3rd that I desperately need or anything. Just gotta make sure we get a DE in round 2.

I could definitely see Miami moving up to 5. I wouldn't mind Detroit making that move if Fisher and Joeckel are gone. I do hear Miami likes Lane Johnson too.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Obviously this was done with your favorite team in mind, but I don't think either trade is completely unrealistic. LT is Detroit's biggest need, with DE closely following. I'd give up a 3rd to make sure I got Fisher personally. I don't have anyone in the 3rd that I desperately need or anything. Just gotta make sure we get a DE in round 2.

I could definitely see Miami moving up to 5. I wouldn't mind Detroit making that move if Fisher and Joeckel are gone. I do hear Miami likes Lane Johnson too.
Appreciate the feedback.

I began doing a 2nd round mock after I put this up and had Detroit taking Tank Carradine.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Miami trade up for a tackle? They are better of trading into the late 1st round to draft Fluker.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
Why would Miami trade up for a tackle? They are better of trading into the late 1st round to draft Fluker.
Because Fluker is a RT and, if anything, Jonathan Martin is a RT.

Playing Jonathan Martin at LT will get Ryan Tannehill murdered by October.