Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to text scottyboy, but if he doesn't answer then we're stopping today's progress right here.

Important post coming up soon.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy ****, I thought this was the pick I traded. oh man, drunk. let me see what I can do here, hold on fellas. sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
holy ****, I thought this was the pick I traded. oh man, drunk. let me see what I can do here, hold on fellas. sorry
They gave me the 19th pick in the 6th, not in the 5th. It's all good though.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean, i'll change it if you want. idc. i'm drunk and cant find any guy of value i really want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope, I went back and checked the message. I typed pick 185 and that was the value of pick 81. Call it a clerical error and drive on. It's no big deal.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a few things I want to do to try to make this experience better for everyone.

Time Clock
- 2 hour time limits from here on out.

I think the time clock of 1 hour/30 min was too aggressive for everyone. I know it's been taxing on me. In a way it has set a negative precedence for people to complain if picks aren't being made at a rapid pace. I had made it fast because I had the perspective as a GM in past mocks that I had wished the pace was this quick. So when I decided to run this mock, I tried to implement this to make it more fun. Turns out, it's taking too much attention on my part to keep the pace going "according to the rules" and balance that in keeping everyone happy.

If 2 hours passes and a person doesn't pick, then they will just be skipped and have to make up their pick when they have time to come here.

Text Messaging
- The pace of the draft can still keep up the rapid pace despite the 2 hour clock if text messaging continues. However, I cannot continue texting everyone at every pick. I'll help out where I can.

- If the community of GMs wants to text each other to notify others when they are on the clock or coming up soon, then I think that could work out great. Team work is the key!

- I would ask that if you do text someone, then just follow that up with a post in the thread that you did so, so nobody else will duplicate the effort.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I'm going to be super cautious of people's posts going forward. If I see any posts that could cause any consternation, I will just start deleting them, no questions asked. I'm probably going to be super anal about it and you might not like it. But I'm determined to improve the quality and attitude of this mock. No more complaints about people not picking on time. No more complaining about the pace of this draft. No more complaining about trades. I'm not even gonna allow subtle hints of snarkiness to exist. Don't try to complain about posts being deleted cause I'll just delete that too. Let's just have a grand ole time, ok? :) There's a lot to be discussed about the great picks people are making and the moves that guys are making in trades. Let's focus more on that and less on the other things that cause drama.

HAVE FUN!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's who I wanted to trade up for, huge steal skinsfan.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Ace Sanders is one of my favorite players in this draft! What an awesome pick for the Redskins... an heir to fill Santana Moss' shoes!

As a Cowboys fan, I must issue you a classic, "DAMN YOU!" for that pick.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ace Sanders this late is great. At worst, I think he'll be a dynamic return man. But he's also a better receiver than some may think, in the slot I think he's got some real potential.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ace Sanders is one of my favorite players in this draft! What an awesome pick for the Redskins... an heir to fill Santana Moss' shoes!

As a Cowboys fan, I must issue you a classic, "DAMN YOU!" for that pick.
Redskins took Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut not ace sanders. Bears took ace sanders
Old 04-16-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OG Harvey Dahl is on the block.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Redskins took Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut not ace sanders. Bears took ace sanders
Oh in that case.... Phheeew.... haha multi-tasking is not really working for me today.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:37 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 157 is available. I'd like to move down to a later 5th and pick up a 6th if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herman was another great pick by Minnesota

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Herman was another great pick by Minnesota
After reading up on prospects I came to really like Herman. I think he could start from day one. My trade for Star not going through keeps on looking better. There is a reason I didn't want to trade too much. I would have traded picks that ended up being Ogletree, Poyer, and Herman plus a 3rd next year. Considering I got Sylester Williams in the second I am much happier with this team than I would have been about the team with Star.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#158 Otc.....

Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pick is ready after Seattle selects

Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
JoCur88
Rookie

JoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Sorry, Seattle is here. Just waiting to here back from someone. I'll pick if I don't hear back in the next five.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
JoCur88
Rookie

JoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJoCur88 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

****! I used both types of here/hear in the wrong place twice!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

I was considering goodman if he was still there when I pick, not sure how he fits in a 3-4, maybe early down 5-tech, nickel interior rusher like Coples on the jets. Solid value there though for sure.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I was considering goodman if he was still there when I pick, not sure how he fits in a 3-4, maybe early down 5-tech, nickel interior rusher like Coples on the jets. Solid value there though for sure.
Yeah Goodman is a little bit of a project but I think he can be a pretty good 5 tech and nickel rusher as you stated.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Next 5 picks

27 (160). Philadelphia Eagles (from Houston)

28 (161). Pittsburgh Steelers (from Chargers through Denver)

29 (162). Washington Redskins (from New England)

30 (163). Atlanta Falcons

31 (164). Cleveland Browns (from San Francisco)

Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zaviar Gooden was still there??? :( Dang, STEAL and a half.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking to move up

Willing to give a 6th and 7th for an upcoming pick. PM if interested

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Zaviar Gooden was still there??? :( Dang, STEAL and a half.
Yeah I thought he was long gone :/

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote