Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
You're all forgetting Stedman Bailey.
Agreed!! No love whatsoever.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is because his ceiling is a borderline slot WR in the NFL.

Yeah...I JUST SAID IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Agreed!! No love whatsoever.
You want to dog on Hopkins but want to build up Bailey? What is this draft coming to.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's how I see the Top 10 receivers right now

1. Tavon Austin : WEST VIRGINIA
2. DeAndre Hopkins :: CLEMSON
3. Quinton Patton :: LOUISIANA TECH
4. Robert Woods :: USC
5. Cordarrelle Patterson :: TENNESSEE
6. Justin Hunter :: TENNESSEE
7. Markus Wheaton :: OREGON STATE
8. Stedman Bailey :: WEST VIRGINIA
9. Keenan Allen :: CALIFORNIA
10. Ryan Swope :: TEXAS A&M

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not enough Da'rick Rogers in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not enough Da'rick Rogers in this thread.
1st rnd WR if he wasn't a nutjob. I think we all understand that.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-09-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every list that doesn't have Markus Wheaton is wrong.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.
Default Kinny Stills just as good fewer opportunites

Kenny Stills Oklahoma belongs in that group.. OU just spread the ball around and had 7 or 8 different guys with Significant receptions..

6'1 and a 4.38 forty and

Season 82 receptions 959 yards 11.7 average 68 long 11 TD's
NMfootball85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I like Kenny Stills a lot as well.

He plays a lot bigger than his actual height. Great leaping ability and even better ability to catch the ball at the highest point. Has some off the field problems in the past though.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
im pretty sure hopkins improved everything at his pro day
He only did 40 and 3-cone. His 40 was the same.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Every list that doesn't have Markus Wheaton is wrong.
I am biased for Wheaton, but I have to admit I like him. I will stay away from all other prognostication on him because my viewpoint is rose-colored.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I like Kenny Stills a lot as well.

He plays a lot bigger than his actual height. Great leaping ability and even better ability to catch the ball at the highest point. Has some off the field problems in the past though.
I like Stills a lot too. And I'm not nearly as worried about his off-field stuff as I am about Rogers after watching Game Changers. Stills talked about his issues and it came across as very sincere; I believed that he had truly learned from his mistakes and was focused on walking down a different path. Rogers on the other hand walked, talked, and carried himself like an absolute thug, and my immediate thought was, "There is no way that money won't be more important than everything else to this guy." I would never have him on my team.

I also really like Wheaton, and admittedly I have continually forgotten about him this offseason. Is he a second rounder, or can anyone see him creeping into the back end of round 1?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just checking in to quickly say Hunter does have speed, and does not have great hands. It's late...more thoughts...need slee....
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
He only did 40 and 3-cone. His 40 was the same.
No, he improved his 40 time from Indy. Clocked at 4.57 at the Combine, depending on the source he ran between 4.41 and 4.52 at his pro day.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I like Stills a lot too. And I'm not nearly as worried about his off-field stuff as I am about Rogers after watching Game Changers. Stills talked about his issues and it came across as very sincere; I believed that he had truly learned from his mistakes and was focused on walking down a different path. Rogers on the other hand walked, talked, and carried himself like an absolute thug, and my immediate thought was, "There is no way that money won't be more important than everything else to this guy." I would never have him on my team.

I also really like Wheaton, and admittedly I have continually forgotten about him this offseason. Is he a second rounder, or can anyone see him creeping into the back end of round 1?
Just saw that interview. Good stuff.
- I definitly agree with your thoughts on Rogers. A lot of stuff in that interview rubbed me the wrong way about him.

-Cordarelle Patterson did a good job. Seems laid back and easy going, but with just the right balance between confident and cocky demeanor.

- Given his 4.71 40 time from yesterdays work out, I Lolīd a bit when Keenan Allen compared himself to Anquan Boldin, and Mooch asked "You can run faster than Anquan, right?" :-)
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
That is because his ceiling is a borderline slot WR in the NFL.

Yeah...I JUST SAID IT!

You want to dog on Hopkins but want to build up Bailey? What is this draft coming to.
UMMMMM, how did I "dog" Hopkins? A said I like him but not as much as some others, some other as in you. That's not dogging him, that's giving my honest opinion. And yeah, I do want to build up Bailey because he is underrated IMO.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopkins is more Reggie Williams than Roddy White...but if you asked everyone who was better in 2005, 2006, and 2007 between the two it would have been unanimously Reggie Williams
Old 04-10-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
UMMMMM, how did I "dog" Hopkins? A said I like him but not as much as some others, some other as in you. That's not dogging him, that's giving my honest opinion. And yeah, I do want to build up Bailey because he is underrated IMO.
I'm a big fan of both. I don't think either ends up a prototype #1 receiver. But I can see them being very productive WRs in their own right.

Teams don't need #1 receivers. Either one of those two could be the equal of Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson or Victor Cruz. None of those are #1 receivers but they are quality players that win games for you.

Honestly, there couldn't be a more worthless or least applicable correlation between winning/competing in the postseason and having a "#1 receiver". One could take the top 10 #1 receivers in the NFL and I doubt you could rub 2 playoff wins together between the whole group.

When I hear people talk of #1 receivers, I immediately think of them as someone that the NFL game has completely passed them by. They just don't matter in the least in today's NFL. Chasing them is a fool's errand. And it's a waste of cap money once their rookie deals are done. Certainly they mean less than having a franchise running back. Since the teams that sported those had considerable postseason success.

Getting deep. Ability to stretch the field. #1 receiver. These are all worthless pursuits. Guys that can play win you games. Those other guys. They sell tickets. Not the postseason kind though.

Bailey and Hopkins can start in this league. If you don't have 2 quality starters at WR, you take either of these and don't look back.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Hopkins is more Reggie Williams than Roddy White...but if you asked everyone who was better in 2005, 2006, and 2007 between the two it would have been unanimously Reggie Williams
Na. Reggie Williams was super gifted with 6-3 size and 4.45 wheels. A much better athlete than Hopkins. He just sucked because he was an idiot.

There really isn't a good comp. for Hopkins because he plays faster than he timed and he's got that natural feel for playing receiver. Whoever you name is either going to be too mediocre (like Jason Avant) or too good of an athlete (Roddy).

I usually have a good read on where guys are going to go but Hopkins is one I just have no confidence in projecting. I could see him going 16th. I could also see him as one of those sliders in the 3rd round and me thinking "well he really doesn't have the pre-req athleticism, no wonder he fell."

And Wheaton - feisty ************ with some Deion Branch in him. Possible surprise first rounder. No way in hell he lasts past the 50s. He's DeSean with less wiggle and better hands. Only two questions and both are related to the red flag I annually dismiss unlike Parcells (size):

1) beating press
2) taking hits (and if you want to play him inside)
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
No, he improved his 40 time from Indy. Clocked at 4.57 at the Combine, depending on the source he ran between 4.41 and 4.52 at his pro day.
None of your sources actually used video to measure. He ran a 4.60 in this video, using my method:

norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
None of your sources actually used video to measure. He ran a 4.60 in this video, using my method:

Alright, thx. I think Ill just stick to my sources for now.