Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How Would You Rank the Pass Rushers?

There's plenty of pass-rushing variety in this year's draft class, with ten players or so expected to go in the top two rounds. How do you have the top pass rushers in this class ranked?

Listed alphabetically:

E. Ansah, C. Carradine, M. Hunt, D. Jones, J. Jones, D. Jordan, C. Lemonier, B. Mingo, S. Montgomery, D. Moore, A. Okafor, B. Werner

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 04-15-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J. Jones???
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Left off Jarvis Jones and Jamie Collins who apparently is the new chosen one according to some analysts.

I don't love ALL the pash rushers in this class but it is definitely a very strong one if your team is in the market for one. ie. Buffalo.

Jarvis Jones is still # 1 imo.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of those guys...

1. Dion Jordan
2. Barkevious Mingo
3. Jarvis Jones
4. Cornellius Carradine
5. Ezekial Ansah
6. Bjoern Werner
7. Damontre Moore
8. Sam Montgomery
9. Alex Okafor
10. Datone Jones
11. Margus Hunt
12. Corey Lemonier

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan can't rush the passer so he should be left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say it, but Okafor is probably my favorite pass rusher in this class.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I hate to say it, but Okafor is probably my favorite pass rusher in this class.
I think he is pretty underrated.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
J. Jones???
My bad, I accidentally listed Jordan twice instead of Jones and Jordan.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched a made for TV skills challenge this weekend(typical obstacle course stuff)that included Sam Montgomery, Okafor and Damontre Moore.

Moore was faster and quicker than both players. Plus Damontre is a VERY large man, big frame. He's a top 4-5 pass rusher in this class IMO.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I just watched a made for TV skills challenge this weekend(typical obstacle course stuff)that included Sam Montgomery, Okafor and Damontre Moore.

Moore was faster and quicker than both players. Plus Damontre is a VERY large man, big frame. He's a top 4-5 pass rusher in this class IMO.
His bench press still baffles me. How can you be so big and have no power like that?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm confused as to why Sam Montgomery is listed as an option.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm confused as to why Sam Montgomery is listed as an option.
He's a good player. The character concerns which have emerged during the pre-draft process are certainly worrisome, but nonetheless he has good size and length, is an adequate athlete, and has been productive against the highest level of competition. If he fails, it will probably be for reasons unrelated to talent. I personally find it pretty difficult to evaluate him because I like what I see on tape, but obviously we can't really get to know him aside from by watching and reading interviews.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My rankings

1. D. Jordan
2. J. Jones
3. B. Werner
4. A. Okafor
5. B. Mingo
6. E. Ansah
7. C. Carradine
8. D. Moore
9. D. Jones
10. C. Lemonier
11. M. Hunt
12. S. Montgomery

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we just ranking them based on their ability to pass rush? Because if that's the case the two Jordan #1s are laughable. He may be the worst of all of them at rushing the passer...

Edit: at second glance I saw hunt is on the list, so I guess Jordan can't be the worst at rushing but close!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Carradine
2. Mingo
3. J Jones
4. Moore
5. Lemonier
6. Jordan
7. Okafor
8. D Jones
9. Werner
10. Ansah
11. Hunt
12. Montgomery
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Dion Jordan can't rush the passer so he should be left out.
Can't, or won't?
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Can't, or won't?
Can't it be both?

Sorry couldn't resist the frisky dingo/archer punchline.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite of all the pass rushers in this class is Bjoern Werner.. dude is an absolute clone of Vanden Bosch. He should have a long productive career.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as impacts as pass rushers I would go;

Tank Carradine
Ezekiel Ansah
Barkevious Mingo
Bjoern Werner
Jarvis Jones
Alex Okafor
Corey Lemonier
Sam Montgomery
Datone Jones
Dion Jordan
Margus Hunt

Jordan is one of my favourite prospects but he isn't a top pass rusher. He has the physical skill set but he hasn't shown the production to be included with the top pass rushers, and if he is drafted as a pass rusher he will disappoint, especially early. However he offers so much more as an edge player.

Tank Carradine is the best pass rusher in this class. He has good explosion (not great) but fantastic hand use and knows how to set up OTs. Ansah has an unreal burst and closing speed although needs to work on his technique.

I'm not sure I see a dominant double digit sack guy in this class, however it is full of very good players who could be excellent if in the right situation. If I was to guess right now who the best pass rusher will be in 4 years I would say Mingo but there is every chance he could flame out

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Can't it be both?

Sorry couldn't resist the frisky dingo/archer punchline.
No problem, I just kinda dangled that one out in front of you, it would have been a shame if you hadn't just grabbed it while you could.

(phrasing, boom!)
Old 04-16-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cornellius Washington. Remember the name.

He's the guy who's gonna have everyone saying 6 months from now: How did we miss this guy?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Cornellius Washington. Remember the name.

He's the guy who's gonna have everyone saying 6 months from now: How did we miss this guy?
I'll be surprised if Washington doesn't go in the first two rounds.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'll be surprised if Washington doesn't go in the first two rounds.
He'll definitely fall into the second, I wouldn't be surprised if someone picks him then. Certainly a great athlete, but all the criticisms regarding lack of production and unrefined pass rushing technique some people toss towards Dion Jordan apply to him as well. Albeit, Washington had even fewer pass rushing opportunities than Jordan did.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he goes in the 2nd. In fact, he might not even go in the 3rd. I think he's a mid 3rd rounder, might fall to the 4th.

If you look at where he's ranked amongst pass rushers, there's a good 10 guys ahead of him on most lists. I just don't see how he goes in the 2nd round with that many pass rushers in front of him.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is how I project them for the NFL:

Jarvis Jones
Corey Lemonier
Alex Okafor
Bjorn Werner
Cornelius Carradine
Ezekiel Ansah
Dion Jordan
Barkevious Mingo
Datone Jones
Margus Hunt
Demontre Moore