Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Almost final mock

Bengals 2013 Mock Draft

Trade our 1st round pick to S.F. for the 31st overall pick and the 12th pick in the 3rd round which S.F. acquired from Carolina. The trade value chart values the 21st pick at 800 points and the 31st + their 3rd rounder at 810 points.

1.Justin Hunter WR Tennessee I am not impressed with Marvin Jones what so ever. Hunter is 64 200 lbs. and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. He is an athletic freak with #1 WR upside. Pair Hunter with Green and Sanu and you are looking at an explosive offense like Green Bay, Atlanta, and N.E.

2A. Matt Elam Safety Florida I think Vaccaro is long gone by our first pick let alone this one. I like Elam slightly more than Cyprien because I think Elam is more interchangeable as a FS and SS than Cyprien. If Elam is gone then Cyprien is the pick. Either way I think we walk away with our SS of the future at 2A.

2B. Gio Bernard RB North Carolina There is previous injury concerns but Bernard has recovered completely from the injuries. He is the perfect complement to BJGE. Bernard can run between the tackles or outside and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think he is the perfect fit for the WCO.

3A. Jamie Collins OLB Southern Miss Collins is a monster on the football field. In 2011 he racked up 98 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and had 8 pass breakups. In 2012 he had 92 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and 5 pass breakups. Collins only ran a 4.6 40 but he is 63 250 lbs. so the size to speed ratio is still good.

3B. Travis Frederick Center Wisconsin This reunites Zeitler with his Wisconsin center. Frederick is the perfect fit and value in the late third round. He solves the revolving door situation that we have at center.

4. Terry Hawthorne CB/PR/KR Illinois Hawthorne is an outstanding athlete and was the best player on the field most of the time in his games. He will provide great depth at CB and should be the starting PR/KR due to his agility and quick bursts of speed!

5. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State Fragel is 67 309 lbs. He is a former TE that switched to OT his senior year. Fragel will fall in the draft because he only played OT for one year and he is not fully developed size wise. What I mean is that he has the frame to hold more weight without looking sloppy. He weighted in the 265 range before converting to OT. He is as good an athlete at OT that you will find in the draft but needs a redshirt year like Sims and Thompson got last season.

6A. Knile Davis RB Arkansas Davis is a bruising back who has struggled with injuries since high school, lost his entire 2011 season due to a broken ankle, and failed to look like the same player in 2012 as he was in 2010. In Indianapolis, Davis put together one of the best workouts of any prospect at the position in running a 4.37 40 yard dash. His power and burst in the open field make him tough to stop when all his parts are in working order; but this has proved to be a struggle for Davis.

6B. Etienne Sabino LB Ohio State 62 247 lbs. Sabino has played both SAM and WLB. He was the most productive LB for OSU until he got injured. I think he grades out higher than a 6th round pick but will drop because of the injury. We lack depth at LB and he can also contribute on special teams.

7A. Michael Williams TE Alabama Williams is nothing more than a blocking TE who would more than likely spend the season on the practice squad.

7B. Alex Hurst OT LSU Hurst is a camp body and practice squad player. He could potentially fill the role that Roland has in the future.

What do you think?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
Bengals 2013 Mock Draft

Trade our 1st round pick to S.F. for the 31st overall pick and the 12th pick in the 3rd round which S.F. acquired from Carolina. The trade value chart values the 21st pick at 800 points and the 31st + their 3rd rounder at 810 points.

1.Justin Hunter WR Tennessee I am not impressed with Marvin Jones what so ever. Hunter is 64 200 lbs. and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. He is an athletic freak with #1 WR upside. Pair Hunter with Green and Sanu and you are looking at an explosive offense like Green Bay, Atlanta, and N.E.

2A. Matt Elam Safety Florida I think Vaccaro is long gone by our first pick let alone this one. I like Elam slightly more than Cyprien because I think Elam is more interchangeable as a FS and SS than Cyprien. If Elam is gone then Cyprien is the pick. Either way I think we walk away with our SS of the future at 2A.

2B. Gio Bernard RB North Carolina There is previous injury concerns but Bernard has recovered completely from the injuries. He is the perfect complement to BJGE. Bernard can run between the tackles or outside and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think he is the perfect fit for the WCO.

3A. Jamie Collins OLB Southern Miss Collins is a monster on the football field. In 2011 he racked up 98 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and had 8 pass breakups. In 2012 he had 92 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and 5 pass breakups. Collins only ran a 4.6 40 but he is 63 250 lbs. so the size to speed ratio is still good.

3B. Travis Frederick Center Wisconsin This reunites Zeitler with his Wisconsin center. Frederick is the perfect fit and value in the late third round. He solves the revolving door situation that we have at center.

4. Terry Hawthorne CB/PR/KR Illinois Hawthorne is an outstanding athlete and was the best player on the field most of the time in his games. He will provide great depth at CB and should be the starting PR/KR due to his agility and quick bursts of speed!

5. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State Fragel is 67 309 lbs. He is a former TE that switched to OT his senior year. Fragel will fall in the draft because he only played OT for one year and he is not fully developed size wise. What I mean is that he has the frame to hold more weight without looking sloppy. He weighted in the 265 range before converting to OT. He is as good an athlete at OT that you will find in the draft but needs a redshirt year like Sims and Thompson got last season.

6A. Knile Davis RB Arkansas Davis is a bruising back who has struggled with injuries since high school, lost his entire 2011 season due to a broken ankle, and failed to look like the same player in 2012 as he was in 2010. In Indianapolis, Davis put together one of the best workouts of any prospect at the position in running a 4.37 40 yard dash. His power and burst in the open field make him tough to stop when all his parts are in working order; but this has proved to be a struggle for Davis.

6B. Etienne Sabino LB Ohio State 62 247 lbs. Sabino has played both SAM and WLB. He was the most productive LB for OSU until he got injured. I think he grades out higher than a 6th round pick but will drop because of the injury. We lack depth at LB and he can also contribute on special teams.

7A. Michael Williams TE Alabama Williams is nothing more than a blocking TE who would more than likely spend the season on the practice squad.

7B. Alex Hurst OT LSU Hurst is a camp body and practice squad player. He could potentially fill the role that Roland has in the future.

What do you think?
I think it sucks....

Ok. I actually like this mock.
*I have been high on Hunter for a long time but I don't think we will take a WR early. Our staff probably wants to see Green, Sanu, Jones, and even Hawkins all on the field at the same time for a significant amount of time to see what they have in Sanu and Jones before adding an early WR prospect unfortunately.
*I like Reid a little better than Elam but both guys would be a big time upgrade at a position of need so I am good with it.
*I am good with Jonathan Franklin or Gio Bernard here and think they would add a new dynamic as pass catchers and shifty, quicker backs that we need.
*Jamie Collins has tons of potential and would love to get him in the 3rd round.
*Frederick will likely be gone before this pick but if he was available I would like it. Him or Barrett Jones at Center would be awesome. Another move I don't think our staff will make even though most fans want it to happen. Paul Alexander seems to really love Kyle Cook and Trevor Robinson already.
*Hawthorne is a solid Corner and competitor. Good addition here if Leon Mcfadden isn't available who would be my first choice in the 4th.
*Love Fragel and his potential at Tackle. I think he will keep getting better and better and eventually be an NFL starter in a couple of years.
*Knile Davis is a good player and if he can stay healthy this pick would be incredible value.
*Michael Williams is exactly what we need for competition with the new signee Alex Smith at TE.

Pretty good overall and pumped it is 1 week til the draft. Who Dey my friend.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree in that I highly doubt we go WR early, if at all. Would definitely like to see a S early and either Bernard or Franklin in in the 2nd.

If we are able to get Vaccaro/Elam/Reid in 1, and Bernard/Franklin and Greene/Brown in 2, I would be smitten.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really do like the idea of trading down, especially if Vaccaro is off the board. Don't think we will go WR early.

Assuming no trades:
Vacarro round 1. It seems that we can wait until the 3rd to get a quality RB. OT pick that can be developed to replace Whitworth or Andre's substitute makes more sense to me with one of our early picks. There will be some quality LB's in the second round that I see us targeting if we can wait until the next round to get our RB.

If they can swing getting Andre in the fold, then only true needs become RB and S. then we can pick off our development positions as they become available which is good situation to be in. I could even see us going after QB as early as round 4 if the right one is there.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
I really do like the idea of trading down, especially if Vaccaro is off the board. Don't think we will go WR early.
I read a rumor somewhere that the Bengals went down to Tenn. Pro Day just to watch the WR's. So it makes sense if they do possibly draft one of those Tenn. WR in 1st or 2nd round. Hunter being the more likely candidate.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I read a rumor somewhere that the Bengals went down to Tenn. Pro Day just to watch the WR's. So it makes sense if they do possibly draft one of those Tenn. WR in 1st or 2nd round. Hunter being the more likely candidate.
With Harrison in the fold at OLB and if we can get Smith to also re-sign then WR early could become a lot more likely. I am personally all for Hunter but didn't think we would take him because we would target S, OLB, and RB in no certain order with the first two rounds. I personally hoped Mauluaga would be SAM, Burfict would be MLB, and Brown or Ogletree would be WILL but that thought likely isn't happening now so maybe we can get a talented guy like Hunter opposite of AJ with Sanu in the slot.