Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'd go Williams over Michael with the comp pick.A speed guy to compliment Bowe would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Pretty much what he said. The rest of the picks are fantastic though, especially Tyler Wilson.
I thought about Williams, but went with the thought that they already have Baldwin on the other side as a deep threat to compliment Bowe, and actually thought of a slot guy more, but went with Michael to provide depth behind Charles, and had him as a better value at that point. Have you all given up on Baldwin?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Cordarrelle Patterson is amazing, just the perfect pick

Ertz, Lemonier, and Amerson would be MUCH better than minter in 2. Ertz fills a need at TE and hes a player that shouldnt be falling that much, but with heath hurt this would ease the pain. Lemonier is a guy the steelers brass like a lot as an OLB, another guy that will be a riser on draft day. Amerson could play CB or FS for the steelers (Looovvveeee him as a FS, but hes good in off zone so either way is fine)

In the 3rd round they better take Margus Hunt, hes literally PERFECT to fill in for Keisel. Big body to play DE but athletic enough to stand up and play OLB in a pinch (keisel cant really anymore, but that was how he found his niche in the defense)

Absolutely love the lattimore pick, actually i love any RB pick thats not Leveon Bell but Lattimore is hands down my favorite
I hear what you are saying, makes sense to me. I had Minter as the BPA available at that spot, I did consider Ertz (I agree shouldnt be falling that far, but stranger things have happened) and Lemonier (I agree on the draft day riser), although Amerson I did not think of considering, but he certainly makes sense.
Margus Hunt... I get it, the physical tools that is, but dont get it, his tape is not good. Cant get the "looks like tarzan, but plays like jane" thought out of my head. He makes sense with regard to what you said, I do like T. Williams alot, and think he is really flying under the radar right now.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it :)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your order is off. Carolina has picks 44 & 108, you have them with picks 45 & 110.

Also, not sure I see the team taking 2 DT's in their first three picks with as many holes as the team has.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets:

The Good:
1) I can live with Mingo...not a fan of the guy but we need an OLB badly.

2) LOVE THE TRADE DOWN and love getting Eifert....one of my favorite prospects. I'd be giddy.

3) I'm a Rambo fan so this is a solid move....

4) I'm cool with B. Williams in round 4 as OT depth and as competition for Austin Howard.

The Bad:
1) We're probably getting Chris Ivory in a deal so he may be the RB for us....I like Lacy though but we can use Warford at guard.

2) Hate Glennon....I have the belief you either go in high for your QB in the draft or don't go in at all(Though I am fine with Dysert a round later or in round 5 if need be...but that's more so because I like him somewhat). I am willing to have a bad year and gamble for a QB next year.

Not to mention that we have zero idea if Marty M and Rex stay after next year....new head coach and OC may want a new guy which means it'd be a waste of a pick unless they stud from the get go.

This is a good Jets draft....I'd swap Lacy for Warford if we're getting Ivory and I'd take Best Available WR over Glennon in round 3. You do that, and I can't complain.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 04-23-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
Your order is off. Carolina has picks 44 & 108, you have them with picks 45 & 110.

Also, not sure I see the team taking 2 DT's in their first three picks with as many holes as the team has.
The order I use is based on what teams are supposed to pick where, Carolina has pick 45 in my mock because I count Clevelands pick in the 2nd, even though they dont have it anymore, as an accountability/accounting type of record keeping. The panthers do (literally) take the 44th player in the draft, but since the Browns used thier pick on Josh Gordon via the supplimental draft in the 2nd round, I count that as a pick, and therefor have Carolina using the 45th pick to take the 44th player in the draft. Carolina will draft the 108th player at this time, but because of Cleveland and then New Orleans losing a pick via bounty gate, I track that and have Carolina taking the 108th player with the 110th pick.
Hopefully that is not too confusing.

As for taking 2 DT's, I hear you on the # of holes on the Panthers roster, I do think they have 2 holes on the roster at DT, and aside from the aging D. Edwards need a 3 and a nose type to solidify thier dline, Hughes is a good value in the 4th who along with Richarson in the first. They have so many holes on defense I am not sure if there is a good way to fill them all. I think solidifying the front is the way to go for them. I did consider bailey and mcfadden at G and CB having them rated higher, but IMO their need at DT over rode that value. Do you think Fua can turn into a NFL nose?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Jets:

The Good:
1) I can live with Mingo...not a fan of the guy but we need an OLB badly.
Understandable

2) LOVE THE TRADE DOWN and love getting Eifert....one of my favorite prospects. I'd be giddy.
I love it too, just not for you ;)

3) I'm a Rambo fan so this is a solid move....
If he can keep his $h!t straight, I agree.

4) I'm cool with B. Williams in round 4 as OT depth and as competition for Austin Howard.
That was my thought on the pick.

The Bad:
1) We're probably getting Chris Ivory in a deal so he may be the RB for us....I like Lacy though but we can use Warford at guard.
Im iffy on that trade, not as sure as the Revis trade that it happens, but I understand and had Warford as that pick in my last draft, makes sense if they trade for Ivory. If no trade, I would stand by this pick.

2) Hate Glennon....I have the belief you either go in high for your QB in the draft or don't go in at all(Though I am fine with Dysert a round later or in round 5 if need be...but that's more so because I like him somewhat). I am willing to have a bad year and gamble for a QB next year.
Not a big fan myself, and I can respect the opinion of all or nothing. I do however stick with the pick, as Glennon could start for the Jets next year, and as for the future of Martey and Rex, Glennon could be as good a fit for the new admin as much as he could be a bad fit, as could whomever else they would draft at that spot. If they took a reciever like Wheaton, then next year the new folk want a bigger (or vise versa) guy like Williams the pick is still wasted, and at least Glennon is more likely to be moved for better value being a QB. Sanchez is likely gone either way, and if the new staff wants their own guy, at least they would have some depth? At least thats how my thought process was...

Not to mention that we have zero idea if Marty M and Rex stay after next year....new head coach and OC may want a new guy which means it'd be a waste of a pick unless they stud from the get go.

This is a good Jets draft....I'd swap Lacy for Warford if we're getting Ivory and I'd take Best Available WR over Glennon in round 3. You do that, and I can't complain.
I hear what you are saying and it makes sense, but there are a couple of what if's in there IMO, and those always muddle things up. I do have Warford ahead of Lacy value wise and if they trade for Ivory, I would do that myself. Glennon I think can push Sanchez and compete for the starting spot, and with Rex and Marty being in some wierd limbo this year, I would still go with Glennon, see how Hill and Kerley develop while seeing how Holmes comes back from his injury.
I appreciate the intelligent feedback and look forward to any response, rep for you...
Old 04-23-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Bengals draft is ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
Really good Bengals draft. I want to re-sign Andre Smith still but Fluker is certainly a great replacement if it doesn't get done. Alec Ogletree would be good value and even though they signed James Harrison and Rey Mauluaga was re-signed I think Ogletree would still be worth taking. Cyprien in the latter part of Round 2 is a good spot for him and would certainly be an upgrade over Chris Crocker from last season. Franklin in the 3rd may no longer happen but I would LOVE that pick. I think even if Franklin isn't there then Bernard very well may be so good choice. Give me Leon McFadden in the 4th at CB instead of DE Lavar Edwards and you pretty much nailed it.
I went on the premise that Smith is gone, but I will take ok and Really good Bengals draft :) I thought it was a good mock for the Bengals all things considered.
I thought about McFadden, made/makes sense, I went with the upside of Edwards and potential long term need, although I think McFadden and even Davis makes alot of sense.
Thanks for the feed back, I appreciate it :)
Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Hahaha...The Rams move up from 22 to 8 for a future 1st round pick? Lolllzz.
A 6th was in there as well... Using the trade value chart as a guide line;
8th pick; 1400 points
22nd pick; 780 points
184th pick; 17.8 points
2014 1st (higher of the two), which could not be worse than the 30th pick (assuming Washington or St. Louis wins the Super Bowl and the other loses in the NFC championship); 620 points.

The math: 780 plus 620 plus 17.8 = 1417.8 points (St. Louis value)
8th pick: 1400 points (Buffalo's value)
Difference: 17.8 points (+ Buffalo)

Whats so funny??
Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that trade down for the Bears and them getting Arthur and Barret Jones is awesome. The Amerson pick, although logical I don't see happening because of two guys still on board, Zach Ertz and Markus Wheaton. Emery has made it clear that he values the TE position and hinted that he might not be done adding to it. So much so in fact that people have begun mocking Eifert to us in the first. I believe thats overkill, but the point stands. With Wheaton though, Emery has stated he wants more speed on our team. With Austin long gone, Wheaton would be an amazing fit as a stretch the field type receiver. Regardless, I love this draft.

Arthur Brown LB
If my choice: Markus Wheaton WR
Barret Jones C- BTW I love you for this pick.
Akeem Spence DT
(my own suggestion 5th rd Terry Hawthorne CB)

I think I would die from joy at this draft.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Two things, my friend.

This beats what I thought would be less than equal value if we were to trade down. I was maybe even considering a first and third to move up to 8. Stockpiling for next year is a wise move. We address needs with talented young players. Wholes can still be filled in free agency (karlos dansby?). Well done.

Second, as a true Southern Californian, I would very much appreciate this draft.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I know some of my fellow Cheeseheads will question Jesse Williams in round 1, but personally that is a damn fine first 4 rounds for Green Bay.
I think Williams makes a ton of sense for them, and was a big fan of the mock for G.B. overall myself. I was expecting to have to defend this mock amongst the Cheeseheads, so "no news, is good news?"... Other than your positive feedback of coarse :) Thank you, I appreciate it!!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
don't care too much for this sf draft. Need at least one wide out in there and a TE maybe.
Still have something like 10 picks left... Plenty of time ;)
Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Raiders mock...

Agreed, I thought it was ideal, and significantly increased their talent base.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Why in the world would Dallas trade up when every single one of their major targets are still available?

The picks after that terrible trade were fine but the trade makes zero sense. Dallas needs to stand pat or trade down from 18 not trade up and give up more picks.
Who are their targets that are still available? IMO w/o a quality safety who can cover in that division and in general, they have little chance to do much.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oakland trades the 3rd pick to Arizona for the 7th and 38th picks in the 2013 draft.
With ya so far.

Quote:
7 Oakland (via. Arizona) Star Lotulelei (DT/NT/DE Utah)
Still don't really trust him, but at least it's not Floyd.

Quote:
38 Oakland (via. Arizona) Jamie Collins (OLB S. Mississippi)
Doesn't give the same effort from down to down. Not at all what McKenzie is looking for.

With Carradine falling this far, we'd have to take him.

Quote:
68 Oakland Alex Okafor (DE Texas)
Decent value. I'd still take Carradine in 2, regardless of Okafor. One of those TEs would sure fit a lot better here. We can't go into the season featuring David Ausberry.

Quote:
102 Oakland Tharold Simon (CB L.S.U.)
Need to grab a CB somewhere, I guess.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hahaha...The Rams move up from 22 to 8 for a future 1st round pick? Lolllzz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
A 6th was in there as well... Using the trade value chart as a guide line;
8th pick; 1400 points
22nd pick; 780 points
184th pick; 17.8 points
2014 1st (higher of the two), which could not be worse than the 30th pick (assuming Washington or St. Louis wins the Super Bowl and the other loses in the NFC championship); 620 points.

The math: 780 plus 620 plus 17.8 = 1417.8 points (St. Louis value)
8th pick: 1400 points (Buffalo's value)
Difference: 17.8 points (+ Buffalo)

Whats so funny??
"Mock, Mock, Mock, done... 04-24-2013 09:09 AM LonghornsLegend actually I did do the math. its funny because nobody is giving up 2 1st rders for Tavon Austin. Nobody."

Really??? Would "Nobody" give up their whole draft for Ricky Williams?
Really??? Would "Nobody" give up a 1st and 3 - 2nds for Tony Dorsett?
Really???? Would "Nobody" give up 2 -1sts, a 3rd and 5th to move up 3 spots and switch QB's?
Really??? Would "Nobody" give up 3 -1sts and a 2nd to move up for RG3 (I was called out by Skins fans for offering 2 -1sts and a 3rd to move up for him in a mock, long before rumors started, then it happened)?

Your ignorance and belief in your own opinion as being fact is mind numbing...
I am not saying it "will" happen, I am saying it could happen. Austin is widely considered the biggest playmaker in this draft, and like history (see "Really???" section above, those trades actually happened) illustrates, teams make big moves for playmakers and a guy like Austin (this is my opinion) is the type of guy who can make a play or two that turns a overtime loss vs. S.F. and tie, into wins, and turns a 4-1-1 division record into a possible 6-0 division record and play-off trip. Ill let you respond before I continue.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea because listing 2 Hall of Fame caliber RB's and franchise QB's is the exact same thing as a 5'9 complimentary piece on an offense. Plus if they liked him so bad, why would they use 22 to move up and mortage their future when the 16 gets them there much cheaper? It wouldn't make sense, and I don't think any team wants him bad enough to spend two 1st round picks on him AND draft him in the top 10. He's the best skill position player this year, not in the last decade.

But, it's your mock. You can make as many trades as you want in it, calm down. You posting it here means people can have opinions right? Or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If move to pick 10 I will puke and become a Lions fan.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yea because listing 2 Hall of Fame caliber RB's and franchise QB's is the exact same thing as a 5'9 complimentary piece on an offense. Plus if they liked him so bad, why would they use 22 to move up and mortage their future when the 16 gets them there much cheaper? It wouldn't make sense, and I don't think any team wants him bad enough to spend two 1st round picks on him AND draft him in the top 10. He's the best skill position player this year, not in the last decade.

But, it's your mock. You can make as many trades as you want in it, calm down. You posting it here means people can have opinions right? Or no?
Yea this also happens to be a completely different league, do you think anyone is going to trade their entire draft, or a 1 and 3 - 2's for a running back today?
My point is; those were playmakers who had that value at that time period, and this time period is really all about QB's and building around them. I am not asking for multiple firsts, and/or seconds in addition to this that and the other thing which exceed the trade value chart (which I am using just as a tool for value). Too me (my opinion), if the Rams roster was the Bills roster (stay with me), and I thought a player like Austin (yes, he's 5 foot nothing and so is Wes Welker who has significantly impacted games) could add a dynamic weapon to the whole offense (minus run blocking), and in the return game which could win me games that is the difference between me going to the play-offs or not, in today's NFL, I am going to make a move to get him. I happen to think that Austin is that player, and if I were the GM in charge, and could shift assets from the Griffin trade towards ensuring that I land that player, I am going to do it, I am basically playing with house money and adding the most explosive playmaker in the draft. I just spent money upgrading the oline, now I can give Bradford a weapon like that to compliment Quick and Givens on the outside, and now I find out all I need to know about Bradford, while enhancing my team and becoming a legitimate Super contender for years with my current roster.
As to why not just use 16; thats the comprimise in this trade. If they use 16, then they have to use pick 46 (which is actually not cheaper depending on how you look at it), which I would be fine with and would do that to, but I think the Rams would be better suited to use that pick to address another need in this particular draft as I think with that defense, and offensive upgrade (Austin and Cooper) in the first round already in this mock would go along way to upgrading the team to the point of seriously competing in that division with S.F. and Seattle, and competing for the Super Bowl. IMO they are close to that point now and this gives them the best option to make a run. So, they mortgage part of their future to advance themselves now. If I am Buffalo and offered either package I take it, not being nearly that close to turning the corner in the near future.
Look, I understand that you dont think it makes sense, and I can respect that and see why you would think that way. He's is not the best skill position player in a decade, agreed, but he is the best one in this draft, and this is not a hedge your bets for the future draft for the Rams IMO, as I think they are close. If they chose to roll with Quick, Givens and some other WR, then that makes sense, I just dont think any other receiver in this draft has the impact ability that Austin does. I keep hearing "nothing ventured, nothing gained" in my world, and I apply this concept to this trade.
"Calm down" I am perfectly calm, this discussion does not upset me in any manner what so ever. You are more than welcome to post your opinion here, and I will respond with my opinion, and actually do this for the discussion and to hear other opinions and thoughts. I usually preface my mocks with "constructive criticism" and didnt this time. However, I think starting any response with "hahaha... Lollzz", is going to be met with some sort of response, or defense.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
If move to pick 10 I will puke and become a Lions fan.
You would do that over landing some of the major pundits #1 defensive prospect at 10 and very likely replacing one of the very best UT's in the recent history of the league with the likely future of that same spot? I hope for your sake, that of the toilet in your residence and that of Lions fans does not happen. Is it Floyd you dont like? or just moving up?