Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Just curious, why do want to draft a QB after trading for Smith and signing Daniel? Wouldnt it be better to wait until next year's draft when the QB class is supposed to be better than this year?
Alex Smith and Chase Daniel are not the answer. I like Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith a lot.

The golden rule is you don't pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one. The Chiefs don't have one.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we traded down and Milliner made it to 11 and we didn't take him I would throw up.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
If we traded down and Milliner made it to 11 and we didn't take him I would throw up.
Read somewhere recently that one evaluator didn't see a great difference between Milliner and the 7th or 8th CB in this class. I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could dig on that Eagles draft...big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
As it is, pretty solid mock for Buffalo IMO. I like Minter (as a L.S.U. fan, and as a ILB prospect), but I dont see them taking him in the second, Allen really fits what they want and need in a WR (bigger WR who can catch the ball even when he is covered, and has the route running skills to be successful in their new offense). ILB is not the bigger need, they really like Bradham at ILB in the new scheme, and I get the feeling have not given up on Sheppard yet.
I love what Hayden does on the field, the medical scares me, a lot... If they clear him medically, I could see it, as he and Gilmore would allot Pettine to be aggressive with the front 7.
I like Winters in the 4th, solid value. I dont think they will go guard early from what they have said (they have 6 gurads on the roster and like them all, according to Nix). I could see them nabbing V. Williams at that spot, I think he fits what they want to do at a more acceptable spot if they go ILB at all.
I like Mellette as well, although I think they address WR much earlier than than. They need a TE and Rivera was brought in and I think they like him along with V. McDonald, and would take him.

IMO; Hayden, K.Allen, Nassib, V.Williams and M. Rivera would make alot of sense in this mock.

I do think they will spend one of thier first two picks on a QB, on way or another, they have openly mentioned believing that there are 2 or 3 franchise QB's in this draft, reference past drafts and taking a "franchise" a round early, and grabbing one when you can. IMO the tea leaves have spoken and they will not risk waiting into the second round to take a QB. You know I like Nassib alot, and that trade is great in my book, but I think they view things differently, have learned their lesson and will not wait until the second round to address the QB situation. IMO Barkley is #1 on thier board followed by Nassib and one of the two is coming off the board to Buffalo at 8, via a trade down from 8 if possible or up from 41 into the first (least of the possibilities IMO). They have mentioned wanting to add another pick in this draft, which makes me think ideally they want to trade down, but if need be will take a QB at 8. Kolbs contract and acquisition will not affect this IMO one bit, they need a long term solution, Barkley and Nassib are the best two options that fit with the offense.

my .02, do with it as you will ;)
Marrone and Nix are a complete mystery but owing to the Syracuse connection, I think they can bluff their interest in the QB. If they pass him, other teams could follow suit. I was watching NFLN yesterday and they spoke about which other teams might be interested in Nassib-it was a short conversation.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Marrone and Nix are a complete mystery but owing to the Syracuse connection, I think they can bluff their interest in the QB. If they pass him, other teams could follow suit. I was watching NFLN yesterday and they spoke about which other teams might be interested in Nassib-it was a short conversation.
On Total Access? I think I saw that as well, I did see on ESPN yesterday, Kiper and McShay mentioning the Jets taking him possibly with one of their first round picks, so who knows. IMO they can bluff all they want, but it has to be an obvious possibility everyone is aware of. Nix and Co. are being more tight lipped this year. They do believe there are at least 2 franchise QB's, and I just dont see how they wait and risk missing out on one for the 3rd, 4th, 5th straight year... Personally I wouldnt take any QB before the 20th pick, but I think they take one in the first one way or another, and my money is on Barkley... Should be interesting, if they did it your way I would be impressed.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

elam and Hopkins would be pretty awesome... cant see Hopkins falling that far tho

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

UPDATES

1-2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Ezekiel Ansah /DE/ BYU:
Ansah simply has greater upside than Jordan. i'm going with Kiper here. Dominated the senior game after seemingly overthinking during the practices. His combine performance highlighted his monster upside and showed that he can be lined up almost anywhere. NFL Comp. Justin Tuck
*previous Dion Jordan

1-3. Oakland Raiders – Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
I'm buying in 100% to the reports that the Raiders will take the highest and safest prospect on the board. Joeckel’s as safe as it gets and gives them another long term piece upfront. Veldheer has played everywhere upfront so it's not like he's unaccustomed to moving to a different position. NFL Comp. Jordan Gross
*previous Shariff Floyd

1-5. Detroit Lions – Dion Jordan /DE-OLB/ Oregon:
Lions picked Reiff last year to be a long term answer at LT. I think they'll stick with that. Jordan is a potential monster in the wide 9 with his explosive get off and length. He's got a similar skill set to previous busts like Jarvis Moss-Aaron Maybin, but I think his experience and ability in space separates him. It’s also remarkable that he put up such a solid season while playing half of it with that torn labrum. NFL comp. Julian Peterson
*previous Luke Joeckel

1-7. Arizona Cardinals – Jonathan Cooper /OG/ North Carolina:
Cooper’s ranked higher than Warmack on most teams' boards because he's the better athlete and could also play OC. Crazy high for an OG but positional value is different now with a new CBA. NFL Comp. Jahri Evans
*previous Ezekiel Ansah

1-10. Tennessee Titans – Shariff Floyd* /DT-DE/ Florida:
Titans line is fairly solid but it lacks a true disruptor inside and out. Floyd moves like an athletic DE but has the power of a plugging DT. Tragic background that makes you root for him no matter what. Extremely clean prospect that will leave it all on the field. NFL Comp. Darnell Dockett
*previous Jon Cooper

1-19. New York Giants – Tank Carradine /DE/ Florida St:
Back to being a consensus first rounder. Giants have a sound draft strategy and they won’t change now. NFL Comp. Alex Brown
*previous Bjoern Werner

1-28. Denver Broncos – Bjoern Werner* /DE-OLB/ Florida State:
Hallo. Everything I've read suggests Werner is not as highly rated as everyone thinks. But at his size, he still explodes off the ball and shows the ability to stand up. NFL comp. Paul Kruger
*previous Tank Carradine

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 04-23-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
causticon
Rookie

causticon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would hate it if the Broncos drafted Bell in the 2nd round.
causticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be ecstatic over the trade out of the first round, then deflated when when Lacy's name was called. Not a huge fan in general and especially don't like his fit the the Green Bay offense. Not quite convinced that Pugh is a tackle but if you think he is than he's a much better pick at that spot. Solidifying the left side of the offensive line will do a lot more for the offense than a highly drafted RB IMO.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
elam and Hopkins would be pretty awesome... cant see Hopkins falling that far tho
First Pats fan feedback in awhile. Thanks.

Too low for Hopkins? meh, the hotel thing didn't help.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

UPDATES

1-8. Buffalo Bills – Ryan Nassib /QB/ Syracuse:
This choice makes little sense to me but I've been compelled by enough reports that it's more likely than anything else. Nassib didn’t stand out at senior week practices but the word is teams are still high on him. The Bills deflected interest in him early but it could have been a smoke screen. He’s got decent arm strength, mobility and accuracy. Not always consistent but he could respond to better talent around him in the NFL. NFL Comp. Andy Dalton
*previous D.J. Hayden

Goganius + Poz is very convincing. No question a lot is pointing this way.

1-18. TRADE San Francisco 49ers (DALL) – Dee Milliner*/CB/ Alabama:
Niners move using their 2nd rounder. Milliner blazed his 40 at Indy then stumbled through his positional workout. Never saw the top 5 pick he was getting rumored to be and now just before the draft it seems his stock might be falling some with medical red flags surfacing. NFL Comp. Corey Webster
*previous Cordarrelle Patterson

1-28. Denver Broncos – Xavier Rhodes /CB/ Florida State:
Rhodes looked like a future top 5 pick early in his FSU career but has come down from that considerably. Still coveted by some but I think he’ll end up more of a late first round guy. He has the size to play safety if needed-and he might have to in the pros. NFL comp. Gary Baxter
*previous Bjoern Werner

1-29. New England Patriots – Datone Jones /DE-DT/ UCLA:
Already had Jones as a 2nd rounder before he looked great back at senior week. Any team, regardless of scheme, in need of more pass rush should find it hard to pass him up. On the Pats he fits best as an inside to outside guy. NFL Comp. Cameron Jordan
*previous Matt Elam

sorry proshoot25. Hopes this works too.

1-30. Atlanta Falcons – Bjoern Werner* /DE-OLB/ Florida State:
Hallo. Everything I've read suggests Werner is not as highly rated as everyone thinks. But at his size, he still explodes off the ball and shows the ability to stand up. NFL comp. Paul Kruger
*previous Datone Jones

1-31. TRADE Dallas Cowboys (SF) – Matt Elam*/S /Florida:
Stellar pro day and being looked at as both an in the box guy and a capable single high type. Pound for pound, one of the most physical defenders in the draft. NFL Comp. Dante Whitner
*previous Eric Reid

Homecoming. His mentor/brother played for the Cowboys. Great story.

2-8. New York Jets – Eric Reid* /S/LSU:
Reid’s stock has risen lately as expected but he’s also got some poor junior tape to deal with. NFL comp. William Moore
*previous Jon Cyprien

2-21. Washington Redskins – Jonathan Cyprien /S/ FIU:
Cyprien looks like a CB in drills at 6'1 209. NFL Comp. Morgan Burnett
*previous B.W. Webb

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.