Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Travis Frederick Appreciation Thread

D-Unit always put these up and it's a great place to compile and discuss.

Please keep it purely on the prospect and not on draft position. The draft forum has plenty of opinions on the perceived value lets instead take a look at Mr. Frederick's collegiate resume.

Positives:
The guy is smart. Very smart. And football smart. Very fast learner and very coach-able. Behind QB, Center may be the most important position for intelligence. In Callahan we trust and we certainly have given him the exact type of player he covets on the line.

Quote:
@PackerReport Great story on UW’s Frederick from scout. At Combine team gave him 20-some pass protections. Month later at visit, Frederick remembered all."
He embraces the "RKG" mantra that Garrett has brought to us. He has zero history of injuries and is an absolute technician when it comes to the craft. He plays to the whistle and has that nasty steak you want to see driving his opponent into the turf when the opportunity presents itself.

His tape shows a ton of power but as reinforcement he set Wisc. record for squats at 770 pounds, and max benches ~500. He has an extremely strong anchor and does not lose ground to even the beefiest of nose tackles.

Negatives: I assume this means the ZBS talk was a smokescreen. Travis is at his best in a drive-man scheme where he can bully his opponent. He certainly has the mobility to get to the second level but he is nowhere near the athlete of Cooper. At 335 he is much more adept for destroying his opponent than dancing with him.

Film Review:
#72: Center in the 2012 tape vs Stanford and Left Guard in the 2011 tape vs Ohio State.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't mind reaching for a guy as long as its something we desperately need and C/G is something we desperately need. Having said that I think there were other options at OL that would have been less of a reach, but this is our guy and I am glad to have another 1st round O-lineman.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that he's smart and strong. I've been wanting smarter players for a while now. I also like that he's got no history of injuries considering how injuries just killed this team last year. We'll see how good he ends up. Obviously I'm hoping for the best, but there are things to like about him on paper if you haven't watched him play like me.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The selection of Wisconsin center Travis Frederick was not a“wow factor” pick for the Cowboys.

But it was a continuation of coach Jason Garrett’s mission to emphasize the fundamentals and win the right way.

Doing that, according to Garrett, is improving the trenches on both sides of the ball. The Cowboys have now taken on offensive lineman in the first round in two of the last three years. They took tackle Tyron Smith with the ninth overall pick in 2011.

“Teams win in 2013 like they won long time ago,” Garrett said. “You win up front. We had to get better up front. The best teams in this league have good offensive and defensive lines. Very few teams in this league win if you are not strong on the offensive and defensive line. We had to turn this thing over. We have been in the process over the last three years to turn the offensive line over. You have to do it the right way. Tyron Smith is a cornerstone player for us. We feel Frederick can be one of those players you build a team around. ”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The selection of Wisconsin center Travis Frederick was not a“wow factor” pick for the Cowboys.

But it was a continuation of coach Jason Garrett’s mission to emphasize the fundamentals and win the right way.

Doing that, according to Garrett, is improving the trenches on both sides of the ball. The Cowboys have now taken on offensive lineman in the first round in two of the last three years. They took tackle Tyron Smith with the ninth overall pick in 2011.

“Teams win in 2013 like they won long time ago,” Garrett said. “You win up front. We had to get better up front. The best teams in this league have good offensive and defensive lines. Very few teams in this league win if you are not strong on the offensive and defensive line. We had to turn this thing over. We have been in the process over the last three years to turn the offensive line over. You have to do it the right way. Tyron Smith is a cornerstone player for us. We feel Frederick can be one of those players you build a team around. ”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy
That explains taking Pass Catching TE and WR in this draft while ignoring the D.

Pure Propaganda.

But no shock given how people believe any garbage in the News.

WHen you go big -- "You win in the trenches." When you go skilled players -- "This is a throwing league and you need play makers." When you go DB -- "Need to be able to slow down pass happy offenses."

Really, pure BS>
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think he may slot in at RT, he's got the build to play the position and be effective although OG is probably more likely.
He is a massive man with plenty of power and he is a leader.
The only question about him is, can he handle speed as he is limited physically and doesn't operate well in space.

I'd say he is a plug and play type who could be a decent starter for the next decade but is never going to be a star.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isn't massive anymore, he dropped weight when he moved from guard to Center. Expect him to play somewhere between 310 and 320 (compared to the 335 he was as a guard) which is still pretty big if that is his role on this team.

I agree he is at his best moving foward but when I watch tape I don't see the power player he is touted as. In pass protection he has a good anchor and can squat against the bull rush but he isn't a guy who creates a new LOS in the run game. He is a very good angle blocker, when able to get in position he creates a seem by steering his man and effectively walling them off. He isn't at his best in space but he isn't as bad of an athlete as his combine numbers would tell, his biggest issue IMO is his balance in the open field. I notice several occasions where Frederick was able to get up to the second level and locate a defender to attack but was knocked to the ground by a smaller player. That tells me two things, the first being he has trouble adjusting to moving targets and secondly he gets his head out ahead of his feet when he runs, carrying to much weight out front leaving him an unstable base. Fortunately these are things that can be corrected with coaching and work in the wieght room to improve his athleticism.

On the plus side he is a very smart guy who is fundemetally sound enough to plug and play right off the bat. From all accounts he is a very hard worker and can get exponentially better with a NFL offseason program where he can improve strength and movement skills. I wouldn't quite rule out a ZBS due to the fact as a center he will have the advantage attacking either DT from an angle and as a pass protector he has a wide base to wall off defenders.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
He isn't massive anymore, he dropped weight when he moved from guard to Center. Expect him to play somewhere between 310 and 320 (compared to the 335 he was as a guard) which is still pretty big if that is his role on this team.

I agree he is at his best moving foward but when I watch tape I don't see the power player he is touted as. In pass protection he has a good anchor and can squat against the bull rush but he isn't a guy who creates a new LOS in the run game. He is a very good angle blocker, when able to get in position he creates a seem by steering his man and effectively walling them off. He isn't at his best in space but he isn't as bad of an athlete as his combine numbers would tell, his biggest issue IMO is his balance in the open field. I notice several occasions where Frederick was able to get up to the second level and locate a defender to attack but was knocked to the ground by a smaller player. That tells me two things, the first being he has trouble adjusting to moving targets and secondly he gets his head out ahead of his feet when he runs, carrying to much weight out front leaving him an unstable base. Fortunately these are things that can be corrected with coaching and work in the wieght room to improve his athleticism.

On the plus side he is a very smart guy who is fundemetally sound enough to plug and play right off the bat. From all accounts he is a very hard worker and can get exponentially better with a NFL offseason program where he can improve strength and movement skills. I wouldn't quite rule out a ZBS due to the fact as a center he will have the advantage attacking either DT from an angle and as a pass protector he has a wide base to wall off defenders.
I agree with a lot of what your saying but I don't think there is a chance in hell, he can be effective in a ZBS system. I also honestly, cannot see him as a starter at OC, just doesn't have the quickness to handle the position. However, he should be a solid OG with some possibility to move to RT. Leadership, strength and power are his best assets.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that I was overly critical of his combine numbers, because I was looking for fleet footed OL, but this helped me to recognize that I was too harsh in judging him.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...a-mauler.html/

IRVING — Much has been made of the slow 40-yard dash time turned in by Dallas Cowboys first-round pick center Travis Frederick. But Frederick’s former position coach at Wisconsin said not to make too much of a center’s 40 time.

Frederick was clocked at 5.56 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine in late February. The last center to be drafted that ran slower than Frederick was Mike Devlin in 1993. The third-round draft choice out of Iowa was clocked at 5.63.

“A 40 time for an offensive lineman is not all that important. There are guys who aren’t very fast in straight line speed who are great offensive linemen in the NFL,” said Bart Miller, Frederick’s offensive line coach at Wisconsin last season who is now the offensive line coach at New Mexico State. “His strength is inside and he’s a mauler. He’s a road grader. He’s not going to be mistaken for a finesse blocker.

“He was slow-footed at times last year, but his weight was up a little bit at 330 or 335, but he got down to like 308 for the combine. He pulled from the center position for us and when he played guard he pulled quite a bit, so he has the ability to do that and play in space.”

Frederick, who said he’s back up to about 320 pounds, should be ready to play at center right away for the Cowboys considering he spent most of his time at Wisconsin under offensive line coach Bob Bostad, who left to be Tampa Bay’s offensive line coach.

“He was consistently coached with NFL styles during his time at Wisconsin,” Miller said. “And he’s not lazy in his approach to the game. He watches hours of film and it really matters to him. It’s something that gets lost occasionally. He takes a lot of pride in what he does. He’ll do nothing but good things there.”
Old 04-28-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/the-top...arcl-1753.html

The Top 10 Strongest College Football Players

2) Travis Frederick
OL, Wisconsin Badgers
6’4, 338 lbs.
Sophomore

Frederick became the first offensive lineman in Badgers history to start as a true freshman in 2009 when he played center against Northern Illinois. Besides his solid all-around play, he earned that start because no one on the field, let alone the nation, has a stronger lower body than Frederick. Frederick broke Chris Pressley’s school record by posting a 770-pound squat. In addition, Fredrick’s upper body is almost as equally strong; he can bench around 500 pounds. After redshirting after his freshman year in 2010, Frederick looks to get back right where he started for the 2011 campaign.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Just wanted to put this here too.

BTB had a predraft interview with our very own Scott Wright:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...itions-of-need

Quote:
BTB: I'd like to begin by talking about prospects at each of the Cowboys offensive "need" positions. Lets start with the spot of greatest need: the "big uglies" on the O-line. Lets start at Center. The team has a backlog of guys at center, but the players they have are all journeymen. So, they don't need another one of those; if they choose to address this position via the draft, Dallas will need him to provide an upgrade. Can you give us a list of names of guys who, in your estimation, are plug-and-play types who are ready to start as rookies?

Scott Wright: The cream of the crop is Travis Frederick of Wisconsin, who could also project to guard at the next level. Frederick just happens to be a great fit for Dallas too, although it's probably 50/50 as to whether he makes it to their pick in round two. The other early to mid round talents in the pivot (Barrett Jones of Alabama, Brian Schwenke of Cal and Khaled Holmes of USC) wouldn't be as good of fits for Dallas
The more I'm learning about Frederick the more I'm loving this pick. First Badger to ever start as a true freshman... Broke school record with his 770 pound squat as a Sophomore... Had to be chastised by OL for breaking one teammate's arm and another's wrist in practice... Double Engineering Major... High SATs... High wonderlick...

Former Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema
Quote:
"Travis Frederick is "pound for pound one of the strongest I have ever coached."
Tony Pauline (DraftInsider)
Quote:
"One general manager has referred to Frederick as the best interior run blocking line(man) the draft has witnessed in more than a half-decade"
Russ Lande (NFP)
Quote:
"Clearly, the Cowboys wanted to add a physically dominant interior lineman as that describes Frederick to a tee. He is not a top athlete, but he is a functional player who uses his ability to physically dominate his man at the point of attack to make up for it. Frederick makes it look easy stopping power rushers in their tracks and getting movement on in-line run blocks with surprising ease. He started at guard and center during his career at Wisconsin, so he could start at either spot for Cowboys."
Charles Davis (NFL Network)
Quote:
"One of the bigger centers, in the mold of a Pouncey, but a better technician. Very smart, cerebral kid, playing center at over 300lbs."
Dan Graziano (ESPN)
Quote:
"They needed interior offensive line help more than any team in the NFL needed anything in this entire draft, and this guy is an interior offensive lineman. He can challenge Phil Costa for the center's job or either starting guard for his.

He's a giant -- 6-foot-3⅝, 312 pounds -- and known as a physical presence in the run game. Run blocking might be a higher priority for the Cowboys in their ongoing hunt for line help than pass protection is, since left tackle is the one spot at which they're set and Tony Romo is pretty good at protecting himself and making plays on the run.

Just because Scouts Inc. ranked Warford 53rd and this guy 70th doesn't make the pick ridiculous. You pay your scouts to find guys who fit what you want to do, and then you trust them. All week, everybody told me the Cowboys needed to trust their board, and it appears what happened here was that they didn't have anyone they liked at 18 so they snagged an extra pick and moved down to take a guy they did like. If you think all that's left to you is second-rounders, then why not just start the second round two picks early and add a third-rounder that might help you maneuver into that second round Friday night?"
Louis Bien (SBNation)
Quote:
The Cowboys needed interior offensive linemen, so this was a good fit. While Frederick started as a center last season, he has the versatility to move to guard. With Cowboys center Phil Costa an injury concern, Frederick can step in at center and also provide depth at guard."
Dan Hanzus (NFLcom.)
Quote:
"It's not a flashy move, but Frederick gives Dallas' line much-needed stability. Phil Costa was signed to a two-year extension last month, and he could kick over to right guard, fortifying a trouble spot for the team. Frederick is in line to be a starter, whether that's at center or guard. Remember, the Cowboys just paid massive dollars to keep Tony Romo in Arlington until the end of days. Keeping Romo upright is tantamount. Frederick helps toward that goal."
Jesus Flores (RantSports)
Quote:
"Here’s a kid who holds several Wisconsin weight room records and shows exceptional power when engaged against defensive linemen. At 6-4 340 lbs. Frederick will provide a huge upgrade over incumbent starter Phil Costa and could be used at guard thanks to his versatility.

What I like the most about Frederick is that he’s mean; he’ll knock defensive tackles on their rear end in the run game. He’s not the most fluid offensive lineman, but he will fit head coach Jason Garrett’s power running scheme. I also like that he’s an immovable force in the passing game. His strength and technique will help alleviate the pressure up the gut that quarterback Tony Romo has faced the last few seasons.

Without a doubt the Cowboys needed to upgrade the center position so in my opinion, this is a solid pick. I had Frederick going early in the second round so; this isn’t a reach by any means."
Nick Kroger (The Badger Herald)
Quote:
"The Cowboys used several centers last season but failed to find a consistent rock to anchor the position, giving Frederick a strong chance to start Week 1 over Cowboys’ center Phil Costa. Frederick also started at guard for the majority of his 2011 season at Wisconsin, making him a flexible option for Dallas offensive line coach Bill Callahan. Callahan was the offensive line coach at Wisconsin from 1990-94.

One thing that most scouts agreed on that made Frederick such an appealing pick is his well-documented football IQ. Frederick, who graduated this past fall with a degree in computer engineering, rarely committed mental mistakes in his collegiate career. Scouts also used the term "nasty" to describe Frederick’s tenacity in the trenches."
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741
Quote:
- Last year Kevin Zeitler of Wisconsin was a surprise selection in round one when the Cincinnati Bengals tabbed him with the 27th pick. Who will be the surprise of the first frame this year? At this stage sources tell me it could be Zeitler’s former Badger teammate Travis Frederick. One general manager has referred to Frederick as the best interior run blocking line the draft has witnessed in more than a half-decade. We hear Frederick will be a tight 315-pounds for the combine. Where could he end up? Sources tell me possibly the Indianapolis Colts at pick 24 as the team needs a guard or the Atlanta Falcons at pick 30. Watch what Atlanta does in free agency. We hear the game plan is to move Peter Konz, who started at guard as a rookie last season, to center and then sign a veteran guard. If they don’t sign a veteran then Frederick could be an option.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-14-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Another thing to mention about the Frederick pick is this...

The Cowboys brought in both Travis Frederick and Barrett Jones in for private workouts. They knew everything they needed to know about both players and they went with Frederick. It will be interesting to follow their careers.

As for Schwenke, forget about him. He might be a fancy downfield blocker, but Washington and now Philly moved to the 3-4, and the Giants just got huge up front with Hankins. Schwenke would get steamrolled against those big ass NTs and he would demand help from the Guards.

Frederick will be able to handle them by himself. His anchor is incredible and in college he simply didn't get pushed back.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know that I was overly critical of his combine numbers, because I was looking for fleet footed OL, but this helped me to recognize that I was too harsh in judging him.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...a-mauler.html/

IRVING — Much has been made of the slow 40-yard dash time turned in by Dallas Cowboys first-round pick center Travis Frederick. But Frederick’s former position coach at Wisconsin said not to make too much of a center’s 40 time.

Frederick was clocked at 5.56 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine in late February. The last center to be drafted that ran slower than Frederick was Mike Devlin in 1993. The third-round draft choice out of Iowa was clocked at 5.63.

“A 40 time for an offensive lineman is not all that important. There are guys who aren’t very fast in straight line speed who are great offensive linemen in the NFL,” said Bart Miller, Frederick’s offensive line coach at Wisconsin last season who is now the offensive line coach at New Mexico State. “His strength is inside and he’s a mauler. He’s a road grader. He’s not going to be mistaken for a finesse blocker.

“He was slow-footed at times last year, but his weight was up a little bit at 330 or 335, but he got down to like 308 for the combine. He pulled from the center position for us and when he played guard he pulled quite a bit, so he has the ability to do that and play in space.”

Frederick, who said he’s back up to about 320 pounds, should be ready to play at center right away for the Cowboys considering he spent most of his time at Wisconsin under offensive line coach Bob Bostad, who left to be Tampa Bay’s offensive line coach.

“He was consistently coached with NFL styles during his time at Wisconsin,” Miller said. “And he’s not lazy in his approach to the game. He watches hours of film and it really matters to him. It’s something that gets lost occasionally. He takes a lot of pride in what he does. He’ll do nothing but good things there.”
Warmack ran almost as slow as Fred and it didn't hurt his stock. And one could argue that foot speed in a guard is more important than a C.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The speed thing isn't even an issue with me. Playing speed is far different than timed speed, and with linemen it's all about technique in terms of getting to the second level. When a guy is decisive he can get to that second level really quick. One thing I noticed on that video against Michigan State is that Frederick responded well to a bad play. He got put on his ass by a linebacker on one play, and then all the plays after that he blows stuff up like he was on a mission. That tells me that he's got some fire in him. Bad plays happen to everyone, but it's how you respond that matters.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In an interview with his former college coach Bret Bielema.

On whether Frederick has a nasty streak:

"Unfortunately, he has an extreme nastiness. I had to get on him a few of times. He broke a couple guys' arms and wrists by throwing them down on the ground and whacking them a little bit after the play, on our own team. ... There were a couple players this year in our league, Michigan State, Illinois, had some premier defensive tackles over the years and he took a lot of pride when he had the face-to-face competition with those guys."

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We needed this position upgraded, no doubt. The knock on Romo and the game plan by opposing defenses became you can beat him with pressure up the middle, and we had difficulty preventing it.
So until you fix that, you can throw everything else out.
I hope we did indeed fix it with Frederick.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
We needed this position upgraded, no doubt. The knock on Romo and the game plan by opposing defenses became you can beat him with pressure up the middle, and we had difficulty preventing it.
So until you fix that, you can throw everything else out.
I hope we did indeed fix it with Frederick.
Amen. Having a center that isn't in the backfield with Romo off the snap will be a refreshing change of pace :)

Now if only we could sign a RT Romo might have time to look downfield before running for his life.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

So far so good on Frederick. He's looking like he could go down as one of the best first rounders of this decade. Getting him and Terrance Williams on the trade down was huge. Frederick is everything we all wanted back in the horrid couple of years after Gurode was gone.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fredrick was graded as Kipers #11 overall player in this draft one year later. T. Will was #27. Not bad I'd say.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote