Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't people wait until the 2013 season is underway before posting needs for 2014??? Just a thought...
Old 05-06-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders

As things stand:

DE
S

Possible, depending on how things play out on the field this year:

WR
DT
OG
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle:

I. Contract related needs

1. WR. We don't have a suitable successor for Rice.
2. TE. We will either need to restructure or succession plan for Miller
3. LDE. Clemons is 31. We still need a suitable LEO succession plan. We drafted our project successor this year. If he doesn't pan out we'll have to use an early pick.
4. LCB. Browner is entering his second contract age. He started very late coming from the CFL. But he could be too costly to resign.
5. WR. Golden Tate's rookie deal is set to expire soon. He's still young, productive and dynamic. But if we can replace him with a rookie that is 4M per year we will need for later.

The first 3 positions comprise about a quarter of the team's salary cap allotment. The last two would be lesser avenues of cap relief.

II. Age/performance related needs

1. WLB. Right now it's unknown what we have. We are doing the next man up thing. This has worked for us in the past. Really, it's far too early to tell where we are with this.

III. Depth concerns

1. OT. We aren't real deep here. And we don't have a good alternative should Okung go down. Although I concede, it's pretty impossible to carry two starter LT prospects on your roster. Much less pro bowl caliber. It'll be a duct taped OL in that case.
2. FS. We employ a cover 1 defense. It's only made possible because Earl Thomas is a freak. We do not have good alternatives to either Thomas or Chancellor on the roster.

Seattle is fortunate. They really don't have a lot of needs. Even the weaker positions are ones where there is good depth -- just uncertainty. The program is bearing fruit with what seems like a never ending succession of depth guys who end up seizing playing time and flourishing. Uncertainty hasn't implied need.

We're looking to proactively double up on positions to relieve future cap space, or to get depth to hedge against injury. The 2013 draft was a good blueprint for that effort. Other than Jordan Hill, virtually every pick was a 'successor' pick. Our depth is actually incredibly good now. We'll have a hard time stashing players on the practice squad.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
jdhommert
Rookie

jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jdhommert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Rams

Nothing glaring. With 2 first rounders, they can go in any direction. Maybe more o-line and d-line depth? Maybe a FS?
As much as I'd like that ballhawking FS, I kind of have a feeling we might be "set" at safety. People have said that McDonald is Fishers kind of FS and that he prefers good hitters/tacklers. I have no idea how true that is, and we did have interest in Vacarro. Looks like there might be a couple of good ballhawk FS in the first next year. We have a bunch of other options at the other safety spot (Stewart, Davis, Ray Ray). I'd still like to see TJ at SS and a guy who can get some INTs at FS.

We'll probably add a guard. We have a lot of depth there with Rok, Williams, Dahl, Smith etc. We only signed Williams to a 1 year deal, we can/might cut Dahl at any moment with no cap hit saving 4m each year, Williams did look good, and as far as Rok, I hope he's a stud, but we don't know. He looked pretty awful in his first game against Detroit....which is probably to be expected I guess. He supposedly is in great shape now. With our interest in Warmack/Cooper if we stayed at 16, and Warford being an option as high as 30, I think they add a guard next year. Will need a RT too if Saffold leaves.
jdhommert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota

Quarterback - I wouldn't mind seeing a quarterback drafted if Ponder doesn't come through with better on-field performance this season. This would be a stellar season to pick up a quarterback in the draft. If it does in fact end up being a need, I think it has to be addressed in Rd. 1.

Running Back - Toby Gerhart. Enough said.

Guard - Can't take too much more of witnessing Fusco on the field. He's not absolutely horrendous but he's not a rock solid start every game either.

Defensive End - At this point, and it's way too early, this would most likely be the 1st pick 2014 draft for the team. With both 69 and Robison on the final year of their contracts, some youth will need to be brought in.

Cornerback/Safety - Yea, Xavier Rhodes was picked up and I think it'll end up being a great pick but in the NFC North, you can never have enough quality defensive backs and I'm not a huge fan of Chris Cook.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers have a lot more needs than people may initially think.

Backup QB - Haven't addressed it since Matt Flynn, and if Rodgers goes down we are absolutely not winning games with Graham Harrell.

Wide Reciever - In recent years, we've seen Driver and Jennings depart from Green Bay. Personally I thought TT would go WR in the first two rounds in 2013, they finally addressed it in the 7th. I remember there being some guys I was excited about on the practice squad but very rarely do they step in. We'll see how much TT and MM are truly changing this offense. They may feel comfortable with Jones, Cobb, and Nelson but Jones' contract expires after the year and Cobb and Nelson after 2014. It would be wise to invest a high pick in the position.

Tight End - Jermichael Finley's contract is up. Praise the lord.

Outside Linebacker - Matthews is getting big money and Nick Perry is a first round pick but I'm still listing this position as our 2nd most important need in 2014 behind WR. You need to be able to get consistent pressure on the QB and not just from one side. You can never have too many pass rushers. Prime example was last year's superbowl teams.

Cornerback/Safety - Couple guys have contracts expiring and you want as many capable DBs as possible.

Kicker - Mason Crosby probably shouldn't be on the roster right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacitykats View Post
panthers still have needs at WR, OT, and DB.1 draft pick was used on one of these positions and that was OG, not OT. this did change the OL need to OT need.
with Smith continuing to age I'd say WR is a top need. OT will depend on how the season goes but I don't have much faith in the RT spot as of now and Gross is getting old also.

need a #1 corner.

probably need to take a qb in the late rounds too. clausen/anderson is an atrocious back up situation and clausen's rookie contract should be running out soon
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:06 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say for the Chiefs:

QB will be the top need until the guy is found.

WR is going to be a huge need as well. The Chiefs have Bowe, who is a stud, and then underachievers with either physical or mental deficiencies such as McCluster, Baldwin, etc. A legit speed demon is a huge need.

DL will need to be addressed as there just isn't enough talent there.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
with Smith continuing to age I'd say WR is a top need. OT will depend on how the season goes but I don't have much faith in the RT spot as of now and Gross is getting old also.

need a #1 corner.

probably need to take a qb in the late rounds too. clausen/anderson is an atrocious back up situation and clausen's rookie contract should be running out soon
i agree, i thought WR was a huge need this past draft considering smitty is getting old, and they brought nothing in but journey men.plus smitty is losing a step and at times would rather fight DBs than run routes and catch the ball over them. i look at playoff teams and see them build around their QB by giving them several weapons to throw to besides the panthers.

Gross is getting long in the tooth as well, plus i think this is Byron Bells contract year. he could be upgraded and so can this secondary which is lacking some talent. they have several CBs who are small who have no chance to compete with Colston or Jackson, Jones, and White in 4 games a year. Gettleman is getting praised by this fan base, but i just cannot see the direction yet.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I'd say for the Chiefs:

QB will be the top need until the guy is found.

WR is going to be a huge need as well. The Chiefs have Bowe, who is a stud, and then underachievers with either physical or mental deficiencies such as McCluster, Baldwin, etc. A legit speed demon is a huge need.

DL will need to be addressed as there just isn't enough talent there.
This is an A+ list.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

No team really "needs" anything. The way to build championship teams is not by addressing "needs" but by drafting Best Player Available year after year.

Teams *especially* don't need RBs or LBs.

The 2010 Packers and 2011 Giants had the worst running games in the league both years and won Super Bowls.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers needs will likely be in order..

TE - Finley is going to leave and no clear replacement on the roster; even if Quarless steps up that will likely leave us with only one decent TE.

NT - We lack a long term answer at nose and frankly, our short term answer could be upgraded.

WR - I wouldn't be shocked if we developed someone this year to eliminate this need but Jones may be gone.

Safety - I'm not sold yet on McMillian or Jennings as a starter. We'll see.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grushcow View Post
For the Dolphins looking ahead I would say:

OT: We'll likely bring a stop gap in to play right tackle, but Martin's play is still going to be in question regardless, one tackle spot at least will need to be addressed.

OG: Incognito, Jerry and Louis have expiring contracts and will need to be replaced.

DT: Starks and Soliai have expiring contracts. There is a viable replacement in house with Odrick, but more of a nose tackle will be needed if Soliai walks.

CB: Depending on how the rookie DB's perform this year the Dolphins will still have to fill the void left by Grimes if they can't extend him.

FS: I like Clemons, but he's on a one year deal and isn't a difference maker.

Honestly they only have one glaring hole as we start the season at OT, but with the impending FA taken into account it paints a picture of what our upcoming needs will be.
Good list for Miami. Even though I love the upgrades at wide receiver (Wallace, Gibson, Keller at TE), I think there's room for more talent there.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward for the Rams, I'd say:

1. Safety
- Drafted TJ McDonald, however our safeties right now are TJ McDonald and Darian Stewart, with about no depth. Glaring need.

2. Running Back
- Losing Steven Jackson was a HUGE blow, they never aggressively tried to improve, instead drafting RB Zac Stacy. Drafted Isiah Pead last year in R2, and Daryl Richardson in R7, but to many question marks. It's going to be hard for Bradford at some point this season I think.

3. Offensive Guard/Center
- Currently we have LG: ?? || C Scott Wells || RG Harvey Dahl .. Scott Wells didn't play much last season due to injury and is getting older, he's solid when he plays but that's WHEN he plays. Harvey Dahl is getting up in age and has a larger contract, a powerful run blocker he isn't the fastest/best in Pass Protection. Left Guard is a gaping hole, we've got about 4 guys battling it out for it.. Barrett Jones (Draft pick this year), Rokavious Watkins (Draft Pick last year), Shelly Smith and Chris Williams. The favorites right now to me are Watkins and Jones.. the nod to Watkins at this point, however in due time Jones is going to be tough to keep off the field.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
grushcow
Rookie

grushcow is a cocksman.grushcow is a cocksman.grushcow is a cocksman.grushcow is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
Good list for Miami. Even though I love the upgrades at wide receiver (Wallace, Gibson, Keller at TE), I think there's room for more talent there.
I really wish we would have drafted Patton in the 4th, would've rounded out our corps. But I see Mathews taking some legit strides as the 4th receiver. If he performs we've got a solid top 4 locked up for the foreseeable future. I like our stable of TE's too now with Keller, Sims and Clay. With FA next year it will be all about retaining the right guys, as we stand the roster doesn't have a glaring hole.
grushcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England Patriots:

Right Guard Dan Connolly, Marcus Cannon

Left End Rob Ninkovich (FA), Jake Bequette

Defensive Tackle Kyle Love (FA), Tommy Kelly, Armond Armstead

Left Cornerback Aqib Talib (FA), Logan Ryan

Overall, the Patriots are in good shape. At this point, it's hard to predict their needs because we haven't seen players like Cannon, Bequette, Armstead, and Ryan on the field. Based on my evaluations of the aforementioned players as prospects, I'd say left end and cornerback may be the two biggest needs, but it's obviously too early to give up on those guys. I envision Cannon as a future starter, though.