Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't think Jake Delhomme is that far off. He's not a young pup and if he's not making plays to offset his mistakes, which are many, then it's not unlikely he'll start looking over his shoulder - not at the current moment, of course, because the Panthers have nothing behind Delhomme.

It will be interesting to see if the Panthers' brass take a QB prospect (and when) in the upcoming 07 Draft. Considering both the general manager and the head coach are fighting for their jobs this year, as they should imo, it's probably best if the next regime comes in and selects their own quarterback (Brian Brohm?).
Yup, that's what I was thinking when I suggested him. They really don't have a rock-solid backup behind them (unless they sign Carr) and with an All-Pro WR in Steve Smith; the expectations are much more raised for him this year. They have been perennial Super Bowl hopefuls but haven't lived up to the billing as of yet. I think this is Delhomme's make or break year.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How about "Whoever suits up at QB for the Bucs"
Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Salami

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I'd give Losman a break. With McGahee gone, he really only has Evans...

They are in a rebuilding stage.
The rest of the league sees this as a rebuilding year, but the Bills do not, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Mcgahee may work out well for the Ravens, but he was not productivehere.

I agree with putting Losman on the list. He showed a ton of improvement over last year, so I expect him to play well, but if he plays poorly and the team is 4-8, then there will be a good chance for Nall to take over. Nall was the first guy Levy brought in.

IMO, the definition of hot seat is if the team is 4-8, will the QB still have a starting job.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Rex Grossman

You really can't even ARGUE this. He's a disaster of a QB, and if the Bears had ANY half-decent QB to play the Colts in the Super Bowl, it's feasible they could have won it. IMHO, they would have lost either way, but that's not the subject at hand. Point is, the defense is what carried that team, NOT Rex. They should have traded with the 'Skins and picked Quinn up at #6.

2. Eli Manning

He's not so much in danger of losing his job, but he's in danger of being considered a bottom-half quarterback on a who-cares team. He needs to step up this year and emulate his brother more than Grossman.

3. Donovan McNabb

After 3 injured seasons in 5 years, fans are getting ansy. Not to mention his backup, Garcia, led them to a playoffs and, arguably, did a better job with the team. The fact young AJ Feely is behind him isn't helping the pressure, as I'm sure many fans would like to see full-time the small glimpses of great promise he's shown.

4. Bryon Leftwich

His backup David Garrard plays more than he does, and as of yet he hasn't really lived up to his potential. He's kind of like McNabb, in that even if he is something special, we don't even get to see it among all his injuries, and his talented backup isn't making things better off. Plus, him and his coach don't get along very well...

5. Matt Schaub

This is primarily for the fact he's done nothing, yet is over-hyped beyond belief. The Texans paid WAY too much for a career backup QB, and unless he really shines this initial year, everyone will continue to view Houston as a joke.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears hate is strong in this one, lol. I've liked Rex since watching him at Florida, I think he's a good quarterback now, thanks to the level of play from the league as a whole, and can be better as he gains experience.

Good mention of Leftwich though, his long-term status with the Jags isn't set in stone right now.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick Cutler and McNabb arent going anywhere, thus they are not on the hot seat...

I would say it would be these 5 on the hot seat.

1. Grossman

2. Cullpepper

3. Delhomme

4. Leftwich

5. Lossman

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Vick Cutler and McNabb arent going anywhere, thus they are not on the hot seat...

I would say it would be these 5 on the hot seat.

1. Grossman

2. Cullpepper

3. Delhomme

4. Leftwich

5. Lossman
Cullpepper probably won't even be ON a seat in the first place, and Lossman was pretty much the one shining star to the Bills' season. He's not on the hot seat this year at all, people in Buffalo are more excited to watch him play than anxious. I agree with the other three, though, definitely.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From now on I'm immediately giving -rep to anyone who writes his name as Lossman
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Of course Cutler is on the hot seat. They got rid of Plummer - a successful QB who led them to playoffs and they are legit SB contenders now. They have no back up of note so Cutler cant afford to have a bad year or the Bronco's will fail. Their window of opportunity to win the thing is now.

Its not a criticism of Cutler but the Bronco's have alot riding on his year
I disagree, and it's not because I'm a homer. I think it's a stretch to call Plummer "successful" although it is better than calling him "good". Really, he had one really good year, 2 years ago(or last year, depending on how you wanna look at it), and he still managed to blow the AFC championship. I think most Denver fans are glad to see him not starting, especially after seeing what Jay can do. Really, as long as Jay doesn't take a step back, the offense should be in good shape. And if the defense can generate some sort of pass rush, well, we're kinda star-studded in the back 7, so the defense will be fine. If the O-Line plays well and healthy, the defense doesn't run out of gas in week 10, and we get a pass rush, Denver will make the playoffs and compete for a division title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
From now on I'm immediately giving -rep to anyone who writes his name as Lossman
Lossman......

Last edited by Ace : 04-05-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
1. Rex Grossman

You really can't even ARGUE this. He's a disaster of a QB, and if the Bears had ANY half-decent QB to play the Colts in the Super Bowl, it's feasible they could have won it. IMHO, they would have lost either way, but that's not the subject at hand. Point is, the defense is what carried that team, NOT Rex. They should have traded with the 'Skins and picked Quinn up at #6.
You just don't quit. You act like that game was a blowout in the first place. "Feasible they could have won"??? They were down by 2 at halftime for christ's sake!! You keep bringing this up simply so you can mention how greatly superior the Colts are (which you then confirmed by saying they "would have lost either way"). Shove it out your ass dude. Yes the Colts won, they aren't that great of a team though, all respect in the world for winning the Superbowl, but this is still the team that let Mo Drew run for over 200 yards on them. Get off it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You just don't quit. You act like that game was a blowout in the first place. "Feasible they could have won"??? They were down by 2 at halftime for christ's sake!! You keep bringing this up simply so you can mention how greatly superior the Colts are (which you then confirmed by saying they "would have lost either way"). Shove it out your ass dude. Yes the Colts won, they aren't that great of a team though, all respect in the world for winning the Superbowl, but this is still the team that let Mo Drew run for over 200 yards on them. Get off it.
Don't be so sore. Look at the game. If it wasn't for two big plays, the Bears wouldn't have even been in it. They had has many first downs as turnovers in the first half. 14 of their 17 points came off two plays, counting Thomas Jones' 50 yard run to the goal line as one of them. Their field goal was made after having beautiful field position. They didn't make a single drive.

We were doing 7 minute long drives, wearing out the defense, because Smith and Rivera refused to alter their defensive scheme. They were so worried about the deep pass, they continuously and continuously let us run screens and short drops. Addai had 10 catches for that very reason.

Fact of the matter is, the game was not very close at all, and was clouded by a misleading score. If you had a better quarterback, who didn't throw multiple interceptions, and seal away the game for you, you could have won. I still don't think you would have, because the problems were on the defensive side of the ball as well, as I mentioned.

Yeah, I'm a Colts homer. It comes with the territory. But believe it or not, the Bears are one of the few teams I can actually stand...so I'm really not hating on them all that bad. It's more or less fact...
Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Bitter Bears fan. LOL

Bears offense was owned fair and simple of the Colts. They are better then you.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Bitter Bears fan. LOL

Bears offense was owned fair and simple of the Colts. They are better then you.
It's than, and I never said they weren't, but it wasn't a blowout.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Don't be so sore. Look at the game. If it wasn't for two big plays, the Bears wouldn't have even been in it. They had has many first downs as turnovers in the first half. 14 of their 17 points came off two plays, counting Thomas Jones' 50 yard run to the goal line as one of them. Their field goal was made after having beautiful field position. They didn't make a single drive.

We were doing 7 minute long drives, wearing out the defense, because Smith and Rivera refused to alter their defensive scheme. They were so worried about the deep pass, they continuously and continuously let us run screens and short drops. Addai had 10 catches for that very reason.

Fact of the matter is, the game was not very close at all, and was clouded by a misleading score. If you had a better quarterback, who didn't throw multiple interceptions, and seal away the game for you, you could have won. I still don't think you would have, because the problems were on the defensive side of the ball as well, as I mentioned.

Yeah, I'm a Colts homer. It comes with the territory. But believe it or not, the Bears are one of the few teams I can actually stand...so I'm really not hating on them all that bad. It's more or less fact...
You can't have a misleading score. The score is what it is. You can't just take away plays. I've heard you say this before. "Well if Hester wouldn't have returned that kickoff". Well he did, it happened, special teams are part of the game.

I've already said the gameplan was terrible, and I predicted we would lose the game before it even happened, but the Colts are not this vastly superior team that you try to make them out to be.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
It's than, and I never said they weren't, but it wasn't a blowout.
If it wasn't for Hester, then the score would of been 29-10. The Bears offense only scored 10 points against the "not so good" Colts defense.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
If it wasn't for Hester, then the score would of been 29-10. The Bears offense only scored 10 points against the "not so good" Colts defense.
Well Hester is part of the Bears. So the score wasn't 29-10, it was 29-17, which isn't a blowout.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Well Hester is part of the Bears. So the score wasn't 29-10, it was 29-17, which isn't a blowout.
Fine. Da Bears offense still only scored 10 points against the Colts defense.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
You can't have a misleading score. The score is what it is. You can't just take away plays. I've heard you say this before. "Well if Hester wouldn't have returned that kickoff". Well he did, it happened, special teams are part of the game.

I've already said the gameplan was terrible, and I predicted we would lose the game before it even happened, but the Colts are not this vastly superior team that you try to make them out to be.
I'm not saying you take them away...I'm not doubting their existence. But the fact of the matter is when it came down to simple, pure, football, they didn't do squat. Seriously, how many plays did they run (minus all the gimme-ones they racked up in the closing couple of minutes) in the game? They had NO big stops that come to mind on the defensive side, they did absolutely NOTHING on the offensive side...

No, it wasn't a literal blowout, but I never said that. I said it wasn't close, which, it wasn't.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I'm not saying you take them away...I'm not doubting their existence. But the fact of the matter is when it came down to simple, pure, football, they didn't do squat. Seriously, how many plays did they run (minus all the gimme-ones they racked up in the closing couple of minutes) in the game? They had NO big stops that come to mind on the defensive side, they did absolutely NOTHING on the offensive side...

No, it wasn't a literal blowout, but I never said that. I said it wasn't close, which, it wasn't.
Special teams isn't simple, pure, football ?? What does that even mean??

You said the Bears had no feasible chance of winning. That's stupid. You lost to teams worse than the Bears, and you were only up by two at halftime. It's revisionist history to suit your own ends, and it has very little to do with the topic. Grossman being on the hot seat has very little to do with his performance in the Superbowl. He was in the Superbowl in his first season as a fullstarter, nobody expected him to light the world up.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-05-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
One play. One play. They didn't dominate because of one play. Go back and contradict the other things I said if you want to keep arguing.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:

You said the Bears had no feasible chance of winning. That's stupid. You lost to teams worse than the Bears, and you were only up by two at halftime. It's revisionist history to suit your own ends, and it has very little to do with the topic.
Whoops, I missed that second part...

They DIDN'T have a feasible chance of winning, because on that day, they weren't doing SQUAT. If they play 10 games, the Bears will win some. But they came in that day unprepared with a bad gameplan and even worse execution. A few big plays kept them in the game, nothing more.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
One play. One play. They didn't dominate because of one play. Go back and contradict the other things I said if you want to keep arguing.
So what? How is a kick return any different than Manning's one play that was a deep bomb to Reggie Wayne on a blown coverage. Ok take that one away. 22-10. Just because it's a special teams play that makes it somehow less valid?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
So what? How is a kick return any different than Manning's one play that was a deep bomb to Reggie Wayne on a blown coverage. Ok take that one away. 22-10. Just because it's a special teams play that makes it somehow less valid?
If you go by that logic, it's 22-3...
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
If you go by that logic, it's 22-3...
Ok I'm done talking about this, you've already brought up a generally irrelivant point.

Grossman is not on the hot seat because of the Superbowl. Yes he's on the hotseat, but it has very little to do with that.