Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Ok I'm done talking about this, you've already brought up a generally irrelivant point.

Grossman is not on the hot seat because of the Superbowl. Yes he's on the hotseat, but it has very little to do with that.
And yet half the articles that appeared after the SB were "Grossman for MVP," showcasing my point...

As I said...They DIDN'T have a feasible chance of winning, because on that day, they weren't doing SQUAT. If they play 10 games, the Bears will win some. But they came in that day unprepared with a bad gameplan and even worse execution. A few big plays kept them in the game, nothing more.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

And for that matter, would you honestly say you'd prefer to have Rex than Brady Quinn hiking the ball for you??
Old 04-05-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisby213 View Post
And for that matter, would you honestly say you'd prefer to have Rex than Brady Quinn hiking the ball for you??
Both are young QB's with a lot of potential. How is a rookie QB going to do us any better in the short term.

Grossman got us to the Superbowl, he had a passer rating over 70. He threw for over 3,000 yards and close to 30 touchdowns. I don't believe any rookie QB will do that this year.

Do I love him longterm? Not at this point. But I don't think there's a better option out there for next year than Grossman/Griese.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
Both are young QB's with a lot of potential. How is a rookie QB going to do us any better in the short term.

Grossman got us to the Superbowl, he had a passer rating over 70. He threw for over 3,000 yards and close to 30 touchdowns. I don't believe any rookie QB will do that this year.

Do I love him longterm? Not at this point. But I don't think there's a better option out there for next year than Grossman/Griese.
Well technically, he had 23 TDs and 20 interceptions in the regular season, and 3 of each in the playoffs...IDK about you, but I don't want any quarterback which throws as many INTs as TDs.

Jay Cutler came in his rookie year and put up great numbers. 9 TDs, 5 INTs, 88.5 rating, and only played 5 games. He basically put up 2 TDs and an INT a game. Not bad for a rookie. Will Brady Quinn put up the same? Well maybe not, but it's definitely a possibility.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well technically, he had 23 TDs and 20 interceptions in the regular season, and 3 of each in the playoffs...IDK about you, but I don't want any quarterback which throws as many INTs as TDs.

Jay Cutler came in his rookie year and put up great numbers. 9 TDs, 5 INTs, 88.5 rating, and only played 5 games. He basically put up 2 TDs and an INT a game. Not bad for a rookie. Will Brady Quinn put up the same? Well maybe not, but it's definitely a possibility.
You really can't use 5 games as an accurate example. Hell Grossman had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio in the 3 games he started too. Would he have had that sustained success if he was the starter from week 1? Probably not.

Most rookie QB's struggle if they start from the first game. Some of that has to do with the fact that they are usually on lousy teams, but some of it has to do with the fact that it takes a year or two of experience to adjust. Grossman needs that grace period as well, and he's gotten it, which is why this year is the hotseat year for him.

I wouldn't be against Quinn if we were drafting at #6, but given our current situation it wouldn't be a very practicle move. It doesn't make sense to give up on Grossman after a 20-25 games starting.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Fair 'nuff. I respect your dedication to the guy, if I was a Bears fan I'd have thrown him under the bus months ago.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Eli is #1, he has to prove that he can lead NY to the playoffs w/o Tiki

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
how are J.P. Losman and Big Ben on the "hot seat"?? that doesn't make any sense.

If Big Ben has a 2nd down year in a row, he'll be coming up on his contract opt out clause and the Steelers will have no reason to think he'll turn it around.

The Bills are obviously rebuilding, and Losman having a down year won't put his job in jeopardy?
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I'd give Losman a break. With McGahee gone, he really only has Evans...

They are in a rebuilding stage.
Exactly. 10 Characters
Old 04-05-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Grossman is on that list?

*sarcasm*

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
being a jets fan, i think chad pennington is on a "warm" seat- he's got all the tools this year, no more excuses, especially with Kellen Clemens waiting in the wings, I love Chad tho.
Chad would have to be pretty terrible to lose the job. I love Penny myself, but he's more likely to lose his job through injury than through being on the hotseat.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Rex Grossman is on that list?

*sarcasm*
WATCH OUT! Don't talk about that! You don't want bearsfan_51 on your case!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
WATCH OUT! Don't talk about that! You don't want bearsfan_51 on your case!
I've been Grossman's biggest critic for since about 2004. I'm just sick of your pointless rambling about the Superbowl when it's not at all relavent. Then again I've read some of your other posts and I'm starting to lean towards the fact that you're under the age of 16. Jim Drunkenmiller as a top 10 prospect? Wha?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

Quote:
I've been Grossman's biggest critic for since about 2004. I'm just sick of your pointless rambling about the Superbowl when it's not at all relavent. Then again I've read some of your other posts and I'm starting to lean towards the fact that you're under the age of 16. Jim Drunkenmiller as a top 10 prospect? Wha?
I'll be 18 on the 25th, actually, but close. Also, it's silly to argue over the topic of top prospects...it all depends on your critique of what a top "prospect" is.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
mfkrush
Rookie

mfkrush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can see why Michael Vick made the list but why in god's name is Rex Grossman on that list. He single-handedly lead the Bears to the superbowl. He had very little help from the defense [/sarcasm]
mfkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkrush View Post
I can see why Michael Vick made the list but why in god's name is Rex Grossman on that list. He single-handedly lead the Bears to the superbowl. He had very little help from the defense [/sarcasm]
Rex is the gunslinging version of Ben Roethlisberger. Carried to the big game by his D.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because nobody cares about the Browns, outside of Cleveland of course.
Good one Dicknose!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Cutler- This makes absolutely no sense

2. Donovan McNabb- semi, but he was playing well before his injury.

3. Rex Grossman- Obviously

4. Michael Vick- Also pretty obvious now that Schaub's gone, a lot of pressure is on him to perform and stay healthy.

5. Eli Manning- Another mediocre season from him might be enough to start some grumbling from Giants fans.

1 and 2 need to be replaced with other players, I would put
1. Matt Schaub- doesn't have much experience, but is going to a team with a sub-par offensive line, to a city where the fans are tired of qb's not getting it done.
2. Charlie Frye- if they don't draft a qb to replace him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns get rid of him.

Then the rest of the list is good.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
1. Cutler- This makes absolutely no sense

2. Donovan McNabb- semi, but he was playing well before his injury.

3. Rex Grossman- Obviously

4. Michael Vick- Also pretty obvious now that Schaub's gone, a lot of pressure is on him to perform and stay healthy.

5. Eli Manning- Another mediocre season from him might be enough to start some grumbling from Giants fans.

1 and 2 need to be replaced with other players, I would put
1. Matt Schaub- doesn't have much experience, but is going to a team with a sub-par offensive line, to a city where the fans are tired of qb's not getting it done.
2. Charlie Frye- if they don't draft a qb to replace him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns get rid of him.

Then the rest of the list is good.
Byron Leftwich is on one of the hottest seats in the NFL as well.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post

Start? I think there is already some of that already. Another mediocre season and the proverbial "seat" will flair white hot. Same with Rex Grossman, same with Michael Vick. I think those three are heads and shoulders above every other QB, in regards to pressure to perform.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

as long as Donovan McNabb is in Philadelphia he wil NEVER be on the hotseat

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
Cutler?

He was statisticaly one of the top quarterbacks in the league over the last 5 games, he came in the middle of a playoff run and preformed, thats just idiotic to say he is on the hot seat
yea but look who's behind him

I SMELL A QB CONTROVERSY!!!!

Last edited by gbpackers0065 : 04-08-2007 at 02:23 PM.
gbpackers0065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I agree with everyone else that said Jay Cutler being on the list, let alone #1, is ridiculous. I would think Jon Kitna, Dante Culpepper, Charlie Frye, Steve McNair, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, and/or a couple others would be much higher on the depth chart...
Old 04-08-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's Byron?

I'm a big supporter of him. But seriously... it's make or break time for him.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris SImms should be up there
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote