Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-17-2013, 05:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Preliminary Top 20

1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE USC
2. Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M
3. Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
4. Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
5. Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State
6. Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT Notre Dame
7. Anthony Barr, OLB UCLA
8. Marqise Lee, WR USC
9. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington
10. CJ Mosley, LB Alabama
11. Jason Verrett, CB TCU
12. Ryan Shazier, LB Ohio State
13. Tajh Boyd, QB Clemson
14. Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson
15. Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
16. Ha’Sean Cinton-Dix, S Alabama
17. Kyle Van Noy, OLB BYU
18. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT Alabama
19. Trent Murphy, DE Stanford
20. Adrian Hubbard, OLB Alabama

I would like to a few comments to this;

Barring a major injury to Clowney I do not envision any scenario where he will fall from being my top prospect all year.

I have initially put Jake Matthews over Taylor Lewan as I am assuming he will seamlessly transition to LT. If Matthews can make the move without any hiccups he will be a very high pick.

I am not in love with this QB class. I wan't to see a little more from Bridgewater before putting him in the same stratosphere as Clowney, however I feel he is the most likely to be the top QB selected.

This CB class has some nice depth with Colvin, the UF CBs etc however the class of this year's crop is Roby from Ohio State, and I really like his teammate Shazier at LB, who although undersized is like a missile

I am a big fan of both Barr and Van Noy at OLB, however watching both of them I have noticed a bit of a trend with 34 OLBs in college. Most 34 OLBs in the pros were down ends in college and being closer to the line forces guys to use their hands better. If both of these players get blocked initially it's over, however they both have a knack for making big plays. I would not be surprised if by April next year Adrian Hubbard from Bama became the top OLB prospect. He doesn't have the athleticism or suddeness of these guys but he plays violently and uses his hands really well

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I am a big fan of both Barr and Van Noy at OLB, however watching both of them I have noticed a bit of a trend with 34 OLBs in college. Most 34 OLBs in the pros were down ends in college and being closer to the line forces guys to use their hands better. If both of these players get blocked initially it's over, however they both have a knack for making big plays. I would not be surprised if by April next year Adrian Hubbard from Bama became the top OLB prospect. He doesn't have the athleticism or suddeness of these guys but he plays violently and uses his hands really well
I broke down some film of Barr last week, and the thing that stuck out to me the most was lack/inability to use his hands on the rush. Now I know he's new to the position and he has incredible speed, but if he can't learn to play with his hands when he's engaged by a blocker then he will be nothing more than a situational pass rusher in the NFL. I can see the athletic tools people get all excited about with him, but I'm not seeing a Top 10 player right now.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prior to that great hit on the Michigan (was it Michigan St?) RB how was Clowney viewed as a prospect?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Prior to that great hit on the Michigan (was it Michigan St?) RB how was Clowney viewed as a prospect?
Clowney was already the front runner for the #1 pick in 2014. I think it's been the expectation since he entered college.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's early but the top 10 for me at this point is:

1) Clowney DE, South Carolina - easily #1 at this point
2) Lee WR, USC - gets a lot of criticism but he's sensational on the field
3) Kouandijio LT, Alabama - could challenge McClowney for #1 overall
4) Watkins WR, Clemson - will push Lee
5) Matthews LT, Texas A&M - Solid pro prospect
6) Lewan LT, Michigan - Ditto
7) Powell LB, Florida St. - Tough to make it as a LB but he's the top one right now.
8) Tuitt DE, Notre Dame - will be a very solid pro
9) De'anthony Thomas WR, Oregon - about as dangerous as they come
10) Kareem Martin DE, North Carolina - just another in a long line of NC DLmen.

I don't see a top 10 QB in this year's crop.
No doubt before the year is over, some will rise and some will fall.
Looks like another year for LT's with WR's also in the running.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 05-17-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The McClowney, is that a new meal at McDonald's???

Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
7) Powell LB, Florida St. - Tough to make it as a LB but he's the top one right now.
assuming this is meant to be ronald powell the florida OLB its quite a big projection to put someone coming of an acl who has never started a game in the top 10 prospects. Yes he is very talented but top 10 without a single start

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Sefarian-Jenkins in your top 10. If he keeps his head on straight, and Price gets his head out of his ass, He has the talent and measurables to be one of those rare Top 10 TE selections.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I know it's early but the top 10 for me at this point is:

1) Clowney DE, South Carolina - easily #1 at this point
2) Lee WR, USC - gets a lot of criticism but he's sensational on the field
3) Kouandijio LT, Alabama - could challenge McClowney for #1 overall
4) Watkins WR, Clemson - will push Lee
5) Matthews LT, Texas A&M - Solid pro prospect
6) Lewan LT, Michigan - Ditto
8) Tuitt DE, Notre Dame - will be a very solid pro
9) De'anthony Thomas WR, Oregon - about as dangerous as they come
10) Kareem Martin DE, North Carolina - just another in a long line of NC DLmen.

I don't see a top 10 QB in this year's crop.
No doubt before the year is over, some will rise and some will fall.
Looks like another year for LT's with WR's also in the running.
I'd add Manziel, Bridgewater and Mariota in any top 10 list as far as where guys will be drafted but your list is good, especially early. Not really seeing Powell or Thomas as top 10 selections though.

Sefarian-Jenkins has a ton of potential but not sure i'm seeing top 10 as someone mentioned. The guy that is a real outlier if used right is Colt Lyerla or Oregon.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I like Sefarian-Jenkins in your top 10. If he keeps his head on straight, and Price gets his head out of his ass, He has the talent and measurables to be one of those rare Top 10 TE selections.
Would love to end up with ASJ or Colt Lyerla next year.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote