Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Also, Russell Wilson is a robot, and if you're laughing now you'll be agreeing with me by the end of next season. Remember his last game this year, in the playoffs against Atlanta. Marshawn Lynch couldn't get going, and once the 'Hawks got down by a considerable margin had no choice but to air it out. So how did ol' Russell fare? He threw for 385 yards and had another 60 on the ground. He took over that game, but it just wasn't enough and the Seahawk's defense had an untimely lapse at the end of the game, which allowed Atlanta to score again and retake the lead. He doesn't falter under pressure and has been improving rapidly already. Russell Wilson is the pick.
Honestly, I got no problem with that.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Anybody from.....

Bones Jackson y'all. Bones. *************. Jackson.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Razor Kid > all

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the fate of the world depended on it, I'd go with Rodgers at QB because I feel like he has the most "mad bomber" talent (9.2 yards/attempt in 2011) and he could really do some damage with Johnson/Green/Marshall/Gronkowski and a guy like Ray Rice out of the backfield (along with Peterson).
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
If the fate of the world depended on it, I'd go with Rodgers at QB because I feel like he has the most "mad bomber" talent (9.2 yards/attempt in 2011) and he could really do some damage with Johnson/Green/Marshall/Gronkowski and a guy like Ray Rice out of the backfield (along with Peterson).
Rodgers does have the most talent, but I'd probably go with Brady and Eli as my QBs since both have so much experience running similar offenses we wouldn't need to find a new system for either one and they are two of the best big moment QBs of all time.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, I would probably go with 10-12 QBs over Wilson in this scenario. If you need to pick one guy to win a game in this ridiculous but awesome scenario, you don't go with a second year QB when you have possibly 5 HoF's playing right now, and then another two or so bubble HoF right behind them. You just don't. And Wilson was the third best QB of the rookie class last year, so if were going with second year guys give me Luck and then RG3 before I even think about Wilson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we have eighteen months, LeBron James is definitely going to be on my team. Along with probably a few other humans who don't play in the NFL.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
If we have eighteen months, LeBron James is definitely going to be on my team. Along with probably a few other humans who don't play in the NFL.
Didnt even consider this possibility, but yeah train hard for 18 months on route running and blocking and you have a legit TE in leBron.... Antonio Gates who?
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Rodgers does have the most talent, but I'd probably go with Brady and Eli as my QBs since both have so much experience running similar offenses we wouldn't need to find a new system for either one and they are two of the best big moment QBs of all time.
I'd have to break down film and see who has the more accurate deep ball between Brady and Rodgers and I'd keep that guy. I'm with you on having Eli on the team as either the starter or the backup. That guy has serious moxie. A scary ET smashes him in the jaw? He won't care. He'll bounce back up and chuck a 30 yard pass Calvin Johnson.

Last edited by WCH : 05-21-2013 at 12:21 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going Tom Brady all day.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'd have to break down film and see who has the more accurate deep ball between Brady and Rodgers and I'd keep that guy. I'm with you on having Eli on the team as either the starter or the backup. That guy has serious moxie. A scary ET smashes him in the jaw? He won't care. He'll bounce back up and chuck a 30 yard pass Calvin Johnson.
Not having the all-22 film its tough to say but I do think Rodgers has Brady beat with his long ball. But when it comes to the deep ball I have to rep my boy Eli, his deep ball is right there with anybody in the NFL. And he throws deep more than any other QB so he's got the experience stretching the field.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The All-22 film is available for Gamepass subscribers abroad. It's usually there by the Wednesday following the game. Last season was the first time it was available.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Honestly, I got no problem with that.
While there's a PFF thread going, I might as well mention here that he was the 23rd-rated player overall in the league last year, according to that list, and the 5th QB (top rookie) and that was despite starting slowly out of the gate. Every word out of the Seahawk's preliminary workouts this year is that he's already way better than last year (little things - cadences, deep ball placement, etc). Anyone who saw the Seahawks play last year, particularly towards the end, saw a quarterback who is very nearly perfect. I think there are people who want to act like he's overpraised because he's simply "good" despite being short, but the fact is Russell Wilson, in my eyes, has the potential to be an absolutely legendary quarterback in this league. I'm not a homer. I was always extremely "meh" about Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander, even in their heyday. But Wilson is for real.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not a homer..
Quote:
They are to use multiple offensive sets with heavy rotation and a high tempo. No huddle. I feel like giving the keys to Sean Payton.

Quarterback: Russell Wilson (18 months? He's got it.)
also: Drew Brees (the ol' vet version and insurance. Arguably the best in the league, but doesn't have Wilson's wildcard ability.)

Primary running back: Adrian Peterson
also: Marshawn Lynch (to spell AP)
aso: Chris Johnson (on a rotating basis)
also: Jamaal Charles (secondary to Chris Johnson, and will return kicks.)

Fullback: Vontae Leach (intimidation factor on offense)
also: Michael Robinson (who will also play special teams)

X receiver - Calvin Johnson
Z receiver - Larry Fitzgerald
Y receiver - Percy Harvin (will return kicks)
also: AJ Green (he'll see a lot of plays)
also: Stevie Johnson (quietly one of the hardest-to-cover wideouts on the planet)
also: Demaryius Thomas (a little more training and he can be unstoppable)
also: Brandon Marshall (can be force-fed the ball like CJ and Fitz)
also: Torrey Smith (will rotate in to take the top off)

Starting tight end: Rob Gronkowski
also: Kyle Rudolph (a lot like Gronk)
also: Heath Miller (you can see I'm going traditional at this position)

Left Tackle: Joe Staley
Left Guard: Jahri Evans
Center: Max Unger
Right Guard: Mike Iupati
Right Tackle: Joe Thomas
also: Trent Williams
also: Russell Okung
also: Logan Mankins

Pete Carroll is the Defensive Coordinator. There is no "scheme." He does what he wants.

5-tech: J.J. Watt
Nose tackle: Vince Wilfork
3-tech: Geno Atkins
LEO: Von Miller
also: Justin Smith (to back up Watt and rotate in elsewhere)
also: Haloti Ngata (to rotate in for Wilfork or Watt)
also: Ndamukong Suh (to back up Atkins)
also: Aldon Smith (for pass rush)
also: Bruce Irvin (he'll be there in 18 months)

Outside linebacker: DeMarcus Ware
Outside linebacker: Chad Greenway
Middle linebacker: Patrick Willis
also: Navorro Bowman
also: Clay Matthews III
also: Daryl Washington

Cornerback: Richard Sherman
Cornerback: Charles Tillman
Nickel cornerback: Darrelle Revis (because I think his change of direction is better than the other two, who are also taller)
also: Patrick Peterson (who will also return punts)
also: Brandon Flowers
also: Joe Haden

Free safety: Earl Thomas (centerfielder)
Strong safety: Charles Woodson (keeping an eye on everything)
also: Kam Chancellor (to be deployed as necessary)
also: Harrison Smith (he's good)

Kicker: Blair Walsh
Punter: Andy Lee
I don't really care about any of your picks, but I found this to be pretty funny.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I don't really care about any of your picks, but I found this to be pretty funny.
Why wouldn't one of the most talented teams in the league be one of the most represented on this squad? ;-)

Michael Robinson was kind of a joke, admittedly. And Kam and Bruce. I hold to the other ones.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why wouldn't one of the most talented teams in the league be one of the most represented on this squad? ;-)
Asides from the major Seahawks homerism, the worst part was Charles Woodson being on the team. Did you watch him play last season?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Asides from the major Seahawks homerism, the worst part was Charles Woodson being on the team. Did you watch him play last season?
lol. no. Honestly, though, that's why Kam was on there. I was just having a hard time thinking of who the NFL's best strong safety is. Some of those picks are obviously meant to be taken with a grain of salt. At least, *I* think it's obvious.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Again, I would probably go with 10-12 QBs over Wilson in this scenario. If you need to pick one guy to win a game in this ridiculous but awesome scenario, you don't go with a second year QB when you have possibly 5 HoF's playing right now, and then another two or so bubble HoF right behind them. You just don't. And Wilson was the third best QB of the rookie class last year, so if were going with second year guys give me Luck and then RG3 before I even think about Wilson.

If the chips are down and you absolutely have to win a game to save the planet, I'm going with the guy that can win a game by throwing an interception. And I'm going with Golden Tate at WR.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
If the chips are down and you absolutely have to win a game to save the planet, I'm going with the guy that can win a game by throwing an interception. And I'm going with Golden Tate at WR.
lol I think you just sealed the deal. Russell is joining Eli and Brady.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: