Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-21-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Go ahead. I'm glad for all the scouts ripping on Teddy Bridgewater. Because every scout that does that means it's more likely that the best player in this draft will fall to the Raiders at #5. And I'm not talking about Jadeveon Clowney.
Teddy is not better than Clowney.

That said...I'd take him in Oakland happily.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Teddy is not better than Clowney.

That said...I'd take him in Oakland happily.
Individually? It might be close.

Impact on a team? It's not even close. Teddy will do far more for his team than Clowney will.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Individually? It might be close.

Impact on a team? It's not even close. Teddy will do far more for his team than Clowney will.
Agreed. If somehow the Raiders had their choice of either player I believe they'd be wrong to take Clowney.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go ahead. I'm glad for all the scouts ripping on Teddy Bridgewater. Because every scout that does that means it's more likely that the best player in this draft will fall to the Raiders at #5. And I'm not talking about Jadeveon Clowney.
Are you talking about Johnny.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Article on Bridgewater comparing him to past QB prospects.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...fl-draft-2014/
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
Article on Bridgewater comparing him to past QB prospects.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...fl-draft-2014/
I disagree with the former personnel guy saying Bradford was better passer than Teddy. Sure he was... in a completely pristine pocket or in practice. If Bradford had to come off of his spot, he fell apart, and quite frankly he still does. Bridgewater is much better under duress, much much better. Plus, Teddy showed much better toughness and durability. Nobody would describe Bradford as a tough player. Teddy's one of the toughest players in this draft.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the questions about Bridgewater's footwork, honestly. Dropping back, movement in the pocket, he's just 'there' already IMO.

Also because Teddy isn't throwing as hard as he possibly can on every throw, I think people are mistaking his touch and timing with mediocre arm strength.

Tons of football fans ate a bushel of crow about Cam Newton after his record setting OROTY season.

I see the same thing happening with them on Bridgewater.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Teddy Bridgewater a Bill O'Brien?

http://draft break down.com/is-bridgewater-an-obrien-qb/

Copy and paste removing the spaces to view the article as it's not working when i try and link it.

Last edited by Camp Arm : 02-05-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy's so developed as a passer, I see very little risk with him. Very few flaws, honestly.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure all this talk of the kind of QB O'Brien likes means anything. He didn't pick Tom Brady. He was only at Penn State two years. Seems like talk for the sake of having something to talk about.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:27 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy has roughly 10 weeks from the end of the bowl game against the Hurricanes until the combine to build up his frame. Since the #1 critique I hear about Bridgewater is his frame, how much do you think he's going to weigh at Indy??

Assuming his top weight at Louisville was @205#, I have a feeling Teddy shows up at the combine weighing closer to 220#.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Teddy has roughly 10 weeks from the end of the bowl game against the Hurricanes until the combine to build up his frame. Since the #1 critique I hear about Bridgewater is his frame, how much do you think he's going to weigh at Indy??

Assuming his top weight at Louisville was @205#, I have a feeling Teddy shows up at the combine weighing closer to 220#.
If he weighs 220 then weight no longer is an issue for him. I think anything over 210 would be make me feel confident that he could continue to put on weight in the NFL and have the type of body able to withstand the punishment of a full NFL season. Anything under 210 and especially something like 200-205 would make me seriously question if he had already maxed out his frame.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason it feels like Bridgewater has lost so momentum for no real reason. I like Bortles and Manziel but they aren't near as good of complete prospects but are getting #1 pick hype. Has anything actually happened or is this just typical pre draft hyping? Is he going to get passed over for #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
For some reason it feels like Bridgewater has lost so momentum for no real reason.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
It wouldn't be the first time.

This will come to be known as:

THE COMPARISON.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all the talk about Bridgewater falling could just be pre draft hype which can often happen. The only negative I see is his thin upper body, other than that and the fact he got injured in college, he's better than all the others. Of course, I have no way of knowing his tangibles, is he a leader, is he mentally tough, we'll probably have to wait till his pro day to get all the answers.

IMO, watching Manziel with his teammates, I strongly believe he is a leader with solid intangibles which is why the rankings are now suggesting he will go first. I think it is close so we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
For some reason it feels like Bridgewater has lost so momentum for no real reason. I like Bortles and Manziel but they aren't near as good of complete prospects but are getting #1 pick hype. Has anything actually happened or is this just typical pre draft hyping? Is he going to get passed over for #1?
I mentioned before that I just think it's pre-draft hype. I remember seeing a clip of Mel Kiper explaining why he had Manziel and Bortles over Bridgewater and one of his reasons was that Bridgewater didn't have a good enough year this year. Apparently a nearly 8:1 TD to Int ratio, with a 71% completion percentage, and 9.3 YPA in a pro style offense isn't good enough. His only loss was against 12-1 UCF and it came because of a last minute TD drive by Bortles.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I almost puked when Skip Bayless said Bridgewater was a 'little' better than Geno Smith as a pro prospect.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:
I almost puked when Skip Bayless said Bridgewater was a 'little' better than Geno Smith as a pro prospect.
The fact skip bayless is down on Bridgewater is a positive, he has a type when it comes to QB draft prospects, he looks for "box office" as he and Stephen a smith put and that basically means running QB.

He really does not have a clue.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:27 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think all the talk about Bridgewater falling could just be pre draft hype which can often happen. The only negative I see is his thin upper body, other than that and the fact he got injured in college, he's better than all the others. Of course, I have no way of knowing his tangibles, is he a leader, is he mentally tough, we'll probably have to wait till his pro day to get all the answers.

IMO, watching Manziel with his teammates, I strongly believe he is a leader with solid intangibles which is why the rankings are now suggesting he will go first. I think it is close so we'll just have to wait and see.
Not sure why keep you bringing up Bridgewater's injuries in college.

He has never missed a game and he was only injured for two games in his career which he played through and performed well and that shows his toughness.

That should be a positive in the eyes of the NFL as you are going to have to play through nicks on the next level.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater had me when he took that kill shot from Bostic in the Sugar Bowl, picked himself up and drove his team down the field for the TD, setting the tone for the rest of the game. Logan Thomas was knocked out of his game on a hit not nearly as vicious... and he's 6'6", 250. Bridgewater may not be built like a tight end, but I don't question his toughness one bit.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:06 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I mentioned before that I just think it's pre-draft hype. I remember seeing a clip of Mel Kiper explaining why he had Manziel and Bortles over Bridgewater and one of his reasons was that Bridgewater didn't have a good enough year this year. Apparently a nearly 8:1 TD to Int ratio, with a 71% completion percentage, and 9.3 YPA in a pro style offense isn't good enough. His only loss was against 12-1 UCF and it came because of a last minute TD drive by Bortles.
Bridgewater played a remarkably soft schedule, and Louisville was predicted to go undefeated leading up to a BCS bowl. I like Bridgewater, but there are very good reasons that many have Manziel ahead of him. There are also good reasons to put Bridgewater ahead of Manziel. They're both very good. I've had Manziel as my #1 QB since September. In the NFL today, QB's usually throw out of the shotgun or off of play action. Both factor in to why shorter QB's are enjoying more success. Anyone who really watched Manziel this season knows that he was deadly from the pocket. In terms of underrated aspects in QB's, I think instincts are at the top of the list, and no one has better instincts than Manziel.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:25 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
Bridgewater played a remarkably soft schedule, and Louisville was predicted to go undefeated leading up to a BCS bowl. I like Bridgewater, but there are very good reasons that many have Manziel ahead of him. There are also good reasons to put Bridgewater ahead of Manziel. They're both very good. I've had Manziel as my #1 QB since September. In the NFL today, QB's usually throw out of the shotgun or off of play action. Both factor in to why shorter QB's are enjoying more success. Anyone who really watched Manziel this season knows that he was deadly from the pocket. In terms of underrated aspects in QB's, I think instincts are at the top of the list, and no one has better instincts than Manziel.
I don't think it's about a comparison between Bridgewater and Manziel.

It's about Bridgewater and how he rates as a prospect.

It's almost unfair to compare Manziel to Bridgewater in terms of accuracy because Manziel doesn't really have experience making throws in the type of scheme Teddy ran at Louisville.

Just from a pure quarterbacking standpoint and what these guys are going to be required to do in the NFL, Bridgewater's game translates better.

Reading defenses from the gun versus making reads dropping back and going through progressions is a HUGE challenge for most spread QBs, and the reason why most of them bust in the NFL.

I like Manziel and think he's going to have success in the pros, but a fiery leadership style and a 'wow' factor as a pure playmaker usually don't rate a guy above someone with superior footwork, pocket presence, the ability to make full progression reads and presnap adjustments prior to the snap.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:27 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it's about a comparison between Bridgewater and Manziel.

It's about Bridgewater and how he rates as a prospect.

It's almost unfair to compare Manziel to Bridgewater in terms of accuracy because Manziel doesn't really have experience making throws in the type of scheme Teddy ran at Louisville.

Just from a pure quarterbacking standpoint and what these guys are going to be required to do in the NFL, Bridgewater's game translates better.

Reading defenses from the gun versus making reads dropping back and going through progressions is a HUGE challenge for most spread QBs, and the reason why most of them bust in the NFL.

I like Manziel and think he's going to have success in the pros, but a fiery leadership style and a 'wow' factor as a pure playmaker usually don't rate a guy above someone with superior footwork, pocket presence, the ability to make full progression reads and presnap adjustments prior to the snap.
Bridgewater doesn't have superior pocket presence.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
Bridgewater doesn't have superior pocket presence.
Oh yes he does easily infact, pocket presence is one of manziels biggest weaknesses especially when his offensive line will have 3 or 4 first rounders on it when it's all said and done.

Don't confuse pocket presence to scrambling ability, two completely different things.