Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-16-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Teddy's floor is Akili Smith, his ceiling is Donovan McNabb.

If he goes to Houston, he'll probably be closer to Donovan than Akili
What does he have in common with those guys expect being black.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Besides with his feet(where TB doesn't make a ton of impact really), what does Bridgewater do better than Mccarron?
What does Aaron Rodgers do better than David Carr?

That question has the same answer as your question.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A taller Geno Smith.
Bridgewater has the most important thing that Geno smith lacks, actual feel for the game. They are physically similar but that's it.

Some lazy comparisons here.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
What does he have in common with those guys expect being black.
It's supposed to be a gauge of where his career goes, not a player comparison.

Now that you mention it though, he does kind of remind me of Akili Smith with better accuracy.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
What does Aaron Rodgers do better than David Carr?

That question has the same answer as your question.
So you have no answer? Is he smarter? More accurate? Stronger arm? Better mechanics? Better at reading defenses? Better leader? Fill me in smartass.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Stronger arm, more consistently accurate, able to roll out of the pocket effectively, makes better decisions, and handles pressure better. Other than that though they're more or less the same guy....
THe only one of these that I feel is true is the part about rolling out. They both have unimpressive arms and plus accuracy and decision making IMO.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Teddy Bridgewater Aaron Brooks?

Anybody remember Aaron Brooks?
Old 01-16-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I like him quite a bit. I think he's worth the #1, no problem. He looks like a pretty good prospect to me; definitely the best one in the class.

Of course, I've been burned by a Louisville QB before...

"Rodgers, he had no anticipation, he had to see a route come open, and that is just disturbing"

"Rodgers, NO creativity"

hahahahaha
Old 01-16-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
THe only one of these that I feel is true is the part about rolling out. They both have unimpressive arms and plus accuracy and decision making IMO.
I disagree about Bridgewater having an unimpressive arm. He doesn't have the cannon that a guy like Mettenberger has but I still see him being able to drive the ball on short and intermediate throws. As for accuracy and decision making I believe that McCarron gets helped out by the talent around him. He doesn't have to throw guys open as often and gets more wide open looks because of his O-line and the dominance of their running game. I guess we can agree to disagree though.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:

Now that you mention it though, he does kind of remind me of Akili Smith with better accuracy.
Yet you choose two black QB's as comparisons, and now a third in aaron brooks.

It means as much as me saying he could be either Alex Smith or Joe Montana.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Montana actually is a pretty solid comparison IMO. They both received criticism about their frames, didn't have particularly strong arms, were sneaky athletic when they needed to be, and both were known for their accuracy and mental approach to the game. His calm demeanor also reminds me of Montana in a lot of ways. Obviously it's unlikely he has the success of Montana but at this point they have similar strengths and question marks.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's a prodigy. He's a real quarterback, I'll go to bat for this guy all day. He processes so well, makes great decisions while staying aggressive. He has the intelligence to one day be able to run everything himself at the line. This is no Akili Smith. Whatever he lacks in arm is mitigated by his fast release and balanced footwork. So his functional arm talent is very good for the next level. Plus, as he bulks up to 220-230 (which he will) his arm power will improve.

If he slips in the draft due to the next hot thing syndrome he's gonna make teams pay.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

If you think his gap is Alex Smith to Joe Montana then you're crazy.

Is Cade McNown to Tony Romo a better comparison for you?

I chose Akili because reviewing the film, Akili and he look very similar minus the huge accuracy that Bridgewater has, I also chose Akili Smith because I could see Teddy going bust big time. I chose McNabb because there's things that remind me greatly remind of McNabb when watching film on TeddyThe throwing motions are similar Obviously McNabb ran it much more and also had a bigger frame, but I think both of them are going to be similar heights at 6022.

The comparison to Aaron Brooks was because there's not many QBs that come out that are 6'3" and slightly over 200 pounds. Brooks was 6'3" 203 and there's actually more similarities in that game there game than you realize.

I'm sorry that you took my comparisons as offensive, or just not good. But I highly suggest you watch college film of all 3 I mentioned prior to complaining and comparing Teddy to Alex Smith and Joe Montana
Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Teddy Bridgewater Aaron Brooks?

Anybody remember Aaron Brooks?
For the love of God I hope he isnt Aaron Brooks 2.0
Old 01-16-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Montana actually is a pretty solid comparison IMO. They both received criticism about their frames, didn't have particularly strong arms, were sneaky athletic when they needed to be, and both were known for their accuracy and mental approach to the game. His calm demeanor also reminds me of Montana in a lot of ways. Obviously it's unlikely he has the success of Montana but at this point they have similar strengths and question marks.
They both have those chicken legs great quick feet in the pocket though to maneuver.

Difference being is that Montana was drafted 35 years ago and athlete training has moved on leaps and bounds since then so i have no doubt Bridgewater will get bigger.

Plus in those days you could absolutely destroy QB's with no rules to protect them, now it's a different story.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
For the love of God I hope he isnt Aaron Brooks 2.0
There was a time for the Saints I thought he was going to be pretty good. Say what you want about him, but he did win you guys a few games that you wouldn't have otherwise lol
Old 01-16-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I think he's a prodigy. He's a real quarterback, I'll go to bat for this guy all day. He processes so well, makes great decisions while staying aggressive. He has the intelligence to one day be able to run everything himself at the line. This is no Akili Smith. Whatever he lacks in arm is mitigated by his fast release and balanced footwork. So his functional arm talent is very good for the next level. Plus, as he bulks up to 220-230 (which he will) his arm power will improve.

If he slips in the draft due to the next hot thing syndrome he's gonna make teams pay.
Not predicting any amount of success or failure here but Bridgewater looks like his frame is too small for 220-230 lbs unless we're talking fat.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:
If you think his gap is Alex Smith to Joe Montana then you're crazy.

Is Cade McNown to Tony Romo a better comparison for you?

I chose Akili because reviewing the film, Akili and he look very similar minus the huge accuracy that Bridgewater has, I also chose Akili Smith because I could see Teddy going bust big time. I chose McNabb because there's things that remind me greatly remind of McNabb when watching film on TeddyThe throwing motions are similar Obviously McNabb ran it much more and also had a bigger frame, but I think both of them are going to be similar heights at 6022.

The comparison to Aaron Brooks was because there's not many QBs that come out that are 6'3" and slightly over 200 pounds. Brooks was 6'3" 203 and there's actually more similarities in that game there game than you realize.

I'm sorry that you took my comparisons as offensive, or just not good. But I highly suggest you watch college film of all 3 I mentioned prior to complaining and comparing Teddy to Alex Smith and Joe Montana
I wasn't offended.

My point is that we have no idea what these QB's could turn into, the draft is a crap shot anyone could end up being a bust. No player drafted is a sure thing. Your post said you were not comparing players but gauging where his career could go. I was doing the same.

But i do actually think Bridgewater has a similar body type to smith and montana and it's not so far fetched as you seem to think. Smith in college was obviously more of a dual threat as he came from Urban Meyer.

Last edited by Camp Arm : 01-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you have no answer? Is he smarter? More accurate? Stronger arm? Better mechanics? Better at reading defenses? Better leader? Fill me in smartass.
Yes.

The answer was "everything," smart guy.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not predicting any amount of success or failure here but Bridgewater looks like his frame is too small for 220-230 lbs unless we're talking fat.
You think he's maxed out at 21 years old , with a 6'2'' frame at roughly 200? Odds are against that.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody knows what Bridgewater's ceiling is at 21 years old before he's played a single NFL game. You're delusional and full of yourself if you think you do.

Seems like the size concerns are being overblown. Again, he's two months past his 21st birthday. He can add weight.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You need to do some research on Akili Smith. This is one of the worst comparisons ever.
No two prospects could be more different from a pure QB prospect standpoint, other than, you know, the REAL reason you made the comparison in the first place.

The last adjective you could ever use to describe Bridgewater is lazy, which is the main reason Akili busted in Cincinnati.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 01-16-2014 at 05:06 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Besides with his feet(where TB doesn't make a ton of impact really), what does Bridgewater do better than Mccarron?
Teddy's footwork in the pocket is better than many pros right now.

McCarron has nowhere near the feel in the pocket or ability to handle pressure off the edge or up the middle that Bridgewater has.

Bridgewater's game is subtle, especially if you're only watching how hard he throws the ball from point A to point B.

The fact is does all the little things well that make guys like Brady and Peyton the best in the game.

Teddy Bridgewater's footwork, progression reads, ability to diagnose opposing defenses and get to the right read quickly, his poise under pressure, his accuracy and touch...no QB in this class touches him in these categories.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 01-17-2014 at 02:26 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You need to do some research on Akili Smith. This is one of the worst comparisons ever.
No two prospects could be more different from a pure QB prospect standpoint, other than, you know, the REAL reason you made the comparison in the first place.

The last adjective you could ever use to describe Bridgewater is lazy, which is the main reason Akili busted in Cincinnati.
I'm not talking about anything mental or any other factors. I'm talking strictly on the film. Watch the film, tell me I'm wrong and I'll be fine with your assessment, but that comparison had nothing to do with mental capacity or work ethic.

Teddy looks like a more accurate Akili Smith to me.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bridgewater has the most important thing that Geno smith lacks, actual feel for the game. They are physically similar but that's it.

Some lazy comparisons here.
How can you say that Geno Smith lacked a feel for the game by judging him off his college resume? I don't remember anyone saying that about him last year.

There are always going to be differences in player comparisons. Bridgewater is bigger, so he has much better body mechanics to generate strong passes, which we do see. Neither are natural runners but elusive in the pocket and quick enough to not be a liability.

Same question for both... Can they make the transition to a pro style offense and be able to diagnose NFL defenses.

Lazy comparisons, lol. It was lightly said, but what's your expertise comparison?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote