Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How many future HOF QBs are currently playing??

Out of the starting QBs currently in the NFL playing for their respective teams, how many are future HOFers?

Brady and Peyton are the oldest guys and are locks. After that, who else is currently a future HOF, that fans are getting to see week in and week out?
I am curious to ask everyone. There was a debate on whether D. McNabb is a HOFer or not. And I think the current players with their increased stats and SBs will push guys like McNabb down the list. The longer he gets passed over the harder it will be for he and other QBs to get in.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOCKS
Brady
Manning
Rodgers

MOST LIKELY
Brees

MEDIA LOVE WILL HELP, BUT IM NOT SURE
Eli Manning
Big Ben
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing for sure, you need to throw away the stat rankings compared to other currently in the HOF QB's, because the increased passing has made it difficult to say someone is a HOFer due to him having better numbers than say John Elway.
Drew Brees I can see in the HOF.
Any other QB needs to play a bit longer, although I'd say Roethlisberger and Eli Manning are close, mainly due to their 2 Super Bowls, but I have a really hard time classifying them as a HOF QB.
Does it look like Rodgers and Ryan are on their ways? Yeah, but they have a lot more to prove.
I'd say nobody else is really close in the discussion at this point.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a tough question imo...

Obviously as you said there are locks in Brady and Manning but the other names that come to mind are Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Eli.

If I had to break it into tiers...

Lock: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning
Continuing current trend: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers
Superbowl wins but do other numbers support: Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning
Super young but could easily be in if everything goes according to plan: Andrew Luck
Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
LOCKS
Brady
Manning
Rodgers

MOST LIKELY
Brees

MEDIA LOVE WILL HELP, BUT IM NOT SURE
Eli Manning
Big Ben
All will make it, almost unquestionably
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This is a tough question imo...

Obviously as you said there are locks in Brady and Manning but the other names that come to mind are Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Eli.

If I had to break it into tiers...

Lock: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning
Continuing current trend: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers
Superbowl wins but do other numbers support: Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning
Super young but could easily be in if everything goes according to plan: Andrew Luck

Big Ben and Eli interest me in that regard. I wonder if Big Ben can continue to play for a lot more years of will injuries curtail his career. I do see Eli and Big Ben as locks. Only guy who didn't make it with 2 SBs is Jim Plunkett and both QBs are better than him.

In my opinion, I count 6 QBs fans are seeing week in and week out who will be future HOFers.

Manning , Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Eli and Big Ben.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are the only two that could retire tomorrow and be Hall of Fame locks. I think Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are the next up. Baring a career ending injury, they make it.

Eli and Roethlisberger are very interesting. For Eli, he will have to get in based on postseason success. He may not need another Championship, but a few more instances of playoff heroics will be needed. The fact that the selection committee is mostly media guys should help.

Roethlisberger isn't the lock he once looked like. From a numbers perspective, he will be behind many of his peers. He's currently 6th in active career passing yards and touchdowns. He should pass Hasslebeck, but guys like Rodgers, Ryan, Stafford, and Flacco should pass him. And that doesn't include all the young guns currently in their first two or three years. I could see him finishing 13-15 in career numbers during his era. I don't think two Super Bowl wins will be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Flacco passes Ben in many stats, I would expect Ben to hover around 30 TDs this year if he stays healthy...last season was going to be one of his best, by the time he got hurt he was 17-4 TD:Int and they were 6-3...the season could have been much different if he didnt get hurt.

I think both eli and ben will be definitely HOFers, one more ring for either would solidify it beyond question though. Jewelry beats stats in most cases for QBs
Old 05-16-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20 years ago there was 7 + Favre
Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I dont think Flacco passes Ben in many stats, I would expect Ben to hover around 30 TDs this year if he stays healthy...last season was going to be one of his best, by the time he got hurt he was 17-4 TD:Int and they were 6-3...the season could have been much different if he didnt get hurt.

I think both eli and ben will be definitely HOFers, one more ring for either would solidify it beyond question though. Jewelry beats stats in most cases for QBs
I think Flacco will far surpass Roethlisberger in stats. At the age of 27, Roethlisberger had 1700 more yards but 21 fewer TDs in 6 more starts. Over their entire careers, Roethlisbergers per game stats are slightly better than Flacco's. But will Roethlisbger play as long as Flacco? He's already missed 15 starts in his career and always seems to be nursing some injury. And he isn't going to get any healthier as he gets older. Even if Flacoo plays just one more season than Roethlisberger, he'll easily pass him.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think Flacco will far surpass Roethlisberger in stats. At the age of 27, Roethlisberger had 1700 more yards but 21 fewer TDs in 6 more starts. Over their entire careers, Roethlisbergers per game stats are slightly better than Flacco's. But will Roethlisbger play as long as Flacco? He's already missed 15 starts in his career and always seems to be nursing some injury. And he isn't going to get any healthier as he gets older. Even if Flacoo plays just one more season than Roethlisberger, he'll easily pass him.
Yeah but with the recent "gutting" of the Ravens will Flacco ever match or exceed Ben's championship totals?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Newton, duh.

But seriously, obviously Brady and Peyton. And Rodgers seems destined for lock status after that. Eli Manning is interesting, he's got the rings, but plenty of people still question his game outside of them. I don't see Big Ben being on that track anymore, and I don't think Flacco was ever on it. They strike me as good quarterbacks, but not all-time greats by any means. Far too early to have any idea on the young guns such as Luck or RGIII.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Longevity is very important . Ben can't stay healthy so I think in terms of compiling stats he may not get that high. But luckily, he has 2 SBs under his belt so the rest is just additional supporting stuff for his career.

Flacco will need longevity plus production. However, if he wins one more SB he gets in.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
All will make it, almost unquestionably
Yep, all 6 are locks in my eyes unless Rodgers has a career ending injury next season. Peyton and Brady are two of the greatest of all time, Big Ben and Eli have the great postseasons and 2 rings, Brees is the most questionable of the bunch for me since he only has one ring and hasn't been the perennial monster that Peyton and Brady have been, but even he is all but guaranteed a spot in the hall.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing about Brees for me is how bad he was with the Chargers.... it wasnt until he got in Sean Peyton's system that he has been elite... he to me is a GREAT system player
Old 05-16-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have we already forgotten the "most talented teams in the league" he lead in SD after Rivers arrived? The knock on Brees is team success, but he has one ring, which alongside his numbers should get him into the hall pretty comfortably.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Have we already forgotten the "most talented teams in the league" he lead in SD after Rivers arrived? The knock on Brees is team success, but he has one ring, which alongside his numbers should get him into the hall pretty comfortably.
The Chargers were not sold on Brees, hence the drafting of rivers....Thats how good brees was in SD
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

And once they drafted Rivers Brees broke out and was awesome.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah but with the recent "gutting" of the Ravens will Flacco ever match or exceed Ben's championship totals?
Meh, the "gutting" of the Ravens is overrated. Ray Lewis was a liability in the playoffs. Their other losses were addressed with younger guys in the draft. And all their losses (outside of Boldin) were on defense. But the defense was entirely mediocre during the season. In the playoffs, the offense carried the team.

Baltimore will be fine next year. They'll go 11-5, win the division, and contend for a Super Bowl. Their window is still wide open. In fact, I think Flacco surpasses Roethlisberger in both stats and Championships when it's all over with.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players I think are locks.
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Ben Rothelsburger
Drew Brees

Guys who I can easily see being in by the end of their career
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford
Andrew Luck
RGIII

Outside Shot
Joe Flacco

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Missed 15 starts? He was suspended for 4 games in 2010 and has sat out some end of the year games with things locked up, thats a horribly inflated number, and while i agree he has had a bad run of luck at the end of the season the last 2 years, hes been pretty durable all things considered. A bad shoulder/Ankle injury that he was rushed back from at the end of 2011 and a rare dislocated rib in 2012.

Also, his stats early werent so great because the team was built to run run run play action run run run. His YPA is ungodly high during those year. 191 TDs and if he stays healthy this year you can pencil him in for around 4000 and 30 more...haley was running a masterfully efficient offense last season before tamba and houston sandwiched him in a freak play. He was getting rid of the ball quickly, throwing a lot of TDs with viirtually no running game. They will continue that this year and the oline should be much improved. I expect him to get another $100 million deal with the steelers, its tough to tell how long hes gonna play because he does take a beating, but there no reason to think it wont be for at least another 5-6 years
Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The parameters for being a HOF qb are pretty broad. All the guys you listed will get in and get in easily.

If you win 2 SBs youre pretty much a lock to get in. There's only 1 guy who was a multiple SB winner who didn't get in, and that's only bc he was awful and carried to 2 trophies.

Eli and Ben can retire tomorrow and they'll be HOF players. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton are all locks as well.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The parameters for being a HOF qb are pretty broad. All the guys you listed will get in and get in easily.

If you win 2 SBs youre pretty much a lock to get in. There's only 1 guy who was a multiple SB winner who didn't get in, and that's only bc he was awful and carried to 2 trophies.

Eli and Ben can retire tomorrow and they'll be HOF players. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton are all locks as well.
Agreed. I'm surprised people don't think Brees is a lock. He has the Super Bowl, the individual awards, the huge career numbers and individual season records. He's the guy that broke Marino's 5,084 yds AND Unitas' 47 game streak with a TD pass. There's not much more he can do except win multiple Super Bowls. Brees might finish his career by breaking Favre's yardage record, not unless Peyton gets there first. If Jim Kelly and Warren Moon were 1st ballot HOFers, Brees will waltz into Canton.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
The Chargers were not sold on Brees, hence the drafting of rivers....Thats how good brees was in SD
Brees struggled for his first two years as a starter, back when rookie QBs actually did that. Big woop. He then proceded to have an amazing career, and is still going strong. He is every bit as HoF worthy as say Troy Aikman.

To answer the OP, I think 8 of the currently active QBs will become members of the Hall one day.

Strictly hypothetical, but if Tony Romo in some weird way wins a Super Bowl, is he in the discussion...?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Agreed. I'm surprised people don't think Brees is a lock. He has the Super Bowl, the individual awards, the huge career numbers and individual season records. He's the guy that broke Marino's 5,084 yds AND Unitas' 47 game streak with a TD pass. There's not much more he can do except win multiple Super Bowls. Brees might finish his career by breaking Favre's yardage record, not unless Peyton gets there first. If Jim Kelly and Warren Moon were 1st ballot HOFers, Brees will waltz into Canton.
I think forum opinions on the HOF are often a lot harsher than the HOF voters in many instances.

The only HOF that's very strict is the baseball HOF. All the rest of them are more like Hall of Very Good, especially for quarterbacks in football.