Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Peterosn plaed very well for the Seahawks as well. But he wasn't the first Niner to suffer a torn achilles, I fail to see why its even being mentioned here.
He wasn't the same force for the Seahawks, good, but not what he was going to be. Also, he wasn't the first Niner to blow his Achilles, but he was a big loss at the time with him being the best player on your defense.

Ya understanding me a little more?

Jeez, niner fans can own the whole offseason but say 1 negative thing and they lose their ****.

Go Seawhawks...bastards...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Jeez, niner fans can own the whole offseason but say 1 negative thing and they lose their ****.
We were trying to understand the point you were making regarding Peterson and his torn achilles. It seemed like the way you made you first statement "you can't say achilles tear around 49ers fans" in regards to Peterson...as if it was some terrible memory for 49ers fans, when in reality it didn't really matter because the entire team sucked. Which is why most 49ers fans either don't remember it and/or just don't talk about it because it was almost irrelevant for the franchise. At least that is how I saw it. That is why I was asking you for clarification. No one was "losing their ****". Let's not get it twisted and turn this into a SWDC vs. 49ers fans brawl.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-22-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We were trying to understand the point you were making regarding Peterson and his torn achilles. It seemed like the way you made you first statement "don't mention torn achilles around 49ers fans" in regards to Peterson...as if it was some terrible memory for 49ers fans, when in reality it didn't really matter because the entire team sucked. At least that is how I saw it. That is why I was asking you for clarification. No one was "losing their ****". Let's not get it twisted and turn this into a SWDC vs. 49ers fan melee.
Too late. It's done. I blame you.

(P.S. - It was more towards losing big players, not the state of the team at the time)

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wasn't the same force for the Seahawks, good, but not what he was going to be. Also, he wasn't the first Niner to blow his Achilles, but he was a big loss at the time with him being the best player on your defense.

Ya understanding me a little more?

You finished whining? Like I said, I fail to see what's the common theme here...Niners with achilles injuires?. You talking about two players, playing two different positions, different sides of the ball, two completely different roles on their respective squads, on two completely different football teams and rosters. Ya understand me now? There is no comparsion. Not yet anyways.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-22-2013 at 02:21 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Va

Have I mentioned how much I hate your sig?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No....but that makes me feel all warm inside now, thanx ;)
Old 05-22-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
You finished whining? Like I said, I fail to see what's the common theme here...Niners with achilles injuires?. You talking about two players, playing two different positions, different sides of the ball, two comletely different roles on their respective squads, on two completely different football teams and rosters. Ya understand me now? There is no comparsion. Not yet anyways.
I did have a dream that Kaepernick screwed up his ankle. Hmmm...

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

It's alright..you still have Alex Sm......wait...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually makes the Vance McDonald pick loom even larger.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I did have a dream that Kaepernick screwed up his ankle. Hmmm...
God Dammit Ness, don't jinx **** further....

But its ironic becuase we had this whole big Crabtree debate on our sub-forum like a week ago. And I was thinking at the time, one reason you can't trust Crabs is becuase of the injury history. And low and behold, another injury, though of the more 'freak injury' nature. Still think Iupati gets paid and they let Crabs walk. This all but seals it as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
It's alright..you still have Alex Sm......wait...
He gets to help Kansas City win when it matters least now.

Quote:
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Actually makes the Vance McDonald pick loom even larger.
Damn. Good point.

Quote:
He gets to help Kansas City win when it matters least now.
I lol'd.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont jinx **** further?.....the team destroyed the draft and got boldin essentially for free, but oh no dont jinx them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
dont jinx **** further?.....the team destroyed the draft and got boldin essentially for free, but oh no dont jinx them!!!
Talking about or alluding to CK turing an ankle or being injured in anyway is blasphemous. Spin it however you like.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Well if CK went down the season would essentially be over, regardless of what we did in the off season.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbaugh would still probably colt mccoy the **** out of the NFC west

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This a pretty significant blow for the 9ers. Boldin tore up the playoffs but he shouldn't be counted on to fill this void as well as Crab did. 49ers have decent pass catching depth so they can maybe be alright. Jenkins needs to step up an get something done this year. I had no issue with his redshirt rookie year, but need has dictated he needs to perform now. 49ers just need to hold steady and not panic and do something stupid like TO or Moss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this magnifies how quickly and completely Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams can recover from their terrible injuries.

Without them it could be an entirely different story.

Anquan Boldin
A.J. Jenkins
Quinton Patton
Ricardo Lockette
Chad Hall
Marlon Moore
Joe Hastings
Chuck Jacobs

It's time for Jenkins, Patton, and McDonald to arrive. Maybe a surprise from MarQuis Gray.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I'd be shocked if MM is ready for the regualr season. He tore his MCL and PCL. Williams is already running at full speed. He should be ready by TC. And reports are now saying its 6 months for Crabs so it probably wasn't a complete tear. But I would still rather he sit out the whole year rather than comeback in November. And Gray's a project. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin, Patton, Williams, Jenkins, Lockette, Manningham (while he heals up). Maybe Marlon Moore makes the squad if Mario takes a while to heal up but he's a special teamer. Everyone else is PS material at WR. Perhaps we can sign Brandon Lloyd to a small deal, perhaps re-structure another contract to fit in a little space. Lloyd is really the only worthwile WR on the market anymore.

At TE, we have Davis, McDonald, and perhaps MarQuis Gray can surprise in the Delanie Walker swiss army knife type role. I think our TE's will play big roles this year as receivers.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

We don't need to sign any vets. At least not at the moment. That would very much be a over-reaction, IMO. We already have talent in the building. And just where to we find the cap space to sign a vet? By waiving another guy and creating a hole elsewhere? Give the young guys some reps and let them develop rappore with CK. You have enough time that if, say by July, you don't like what you see from the young guys, then you can go out and find a vet. Not right now though.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-22-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GM Trent Baalke, or whoever decided to draft Quinton Patton, must be psychic -- and a better psychic that that woman who told the mother of one of the three Cleveland kidnapping victims that her daughter was dead.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Baalke wasn't physic, he just realized Quinton Patton was still on the freaking board.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
The painful irony of Michael Crabtree participating in offseason workouts.

:(
Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't this one of his first off-seasons participating in OTAs? Obviously i don't follow the team closely, but i seem to remember him missing a lot of off-season workouts.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't this one of his first off-seasons participating in OTAs? Obviously i don't follow the team closely, but i seem to remember him missing a lot of off-season workouts.
He's missed some TC time and some preseason games but he's always been around for OTAs. Usually when guys have workout bonuses, they're pretty much going to have 100% attendance in OTAs and mini-camp. Crabs has such clause in his contract I believe.