Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-15-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
My guess is whatever team drafts him will have full fan support. Another average year for the Cowboys and he may be headed for Dallas.
That's just not happening. Tony Romo's new deal killed that thought.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Pretty sure his new contract has hardly any guaranteed money after 2015 or so, I wouldn't rule out the boys drafting a QB, they can cut him with minimal cap penalty in a couple of years, or trade him.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Pretty sure his new contract has hardly any guaranteed money after 2015 or so, I wouldn't rule out the boys drafting a QB, they can cut him with minimal cap penalty in a couple of years, or trade him.
Nope. You got your facts wrong. I wish he didn't have a lot of guaranteed money after 2015, but we're gonna have to wait till 2018.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope. You got your facts wrong. I wish he didn't have a lot of guaranteed money after 2015, but we're gonna have to wait till 2018.
Eh, only half wrong. 28.4 of the 40 mil guaranteed is 2013-2015, the dead money if they cut him prior to 2016 would be 11.6 mil which isn't bad, only 5 mil if they get rid of him before 2017. i.e. They'd actually save cap space by getting rid of him in 2015 or later.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/
Old 07-15-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its looking more and more like he was kicked out rather than left for illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it pretty funny how obvious Peyton Manning covered it up for him.

He's so professional with everything he does and was clearly just having his back.

Peyton is just the man.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

LOL so apparently the official excuse was that he was "dehydrated." Wow. I can only think of two ways to get dehydrated, being stranded in a desert or getting drunk. Don't think there's much desert in Louisiana.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel apologized to Texas A&M coaches after he was reportedly "very upset" when leaving the Manning Passing Academy, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.
Apologizing for being ill or dehydrated? A source also told Schad that Manziel was asked to "come clean" as to why he did not finish his commitment to the Manning's camp. Not only is this making national headlines, the NFL scouting community is likely very interested in acquiring as much information as possible this fall.

The first few times people reported stories on him, I chalked it up to him just being young and people trying to make a story out of nothing. With more and more stuff, especially this one, he is looking like a pompous asshole.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peyton seemed to think it was a non issue even sighting a 20 year old Eli that missed meetings.

Seems like #### follows Manziel wherever he goes and hopefully it isn't a symptom of any character issues. A 20 year old that needs to grow up. Shocking.
Your right, he was probably just "sick", that's exactly why he slept through meetings too. Totally the big bad media just portraying that about him. At least we know he got better pretty quick:

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn it TLH - he was dehydrated and the ladies were helping with that bottle....wake up.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Your right, he was probably just "sick", that's exactly why he slept through meetings too. Totally the big bad media just portraying that about him. At least we know he got better pretty quick:

Where exactly did I say he was sick?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A 20 year old that needs to grow up. Shocking.
It's not just a 20 year old, but one that hopes to play in the NFL. Wanting to party and letting your party desires **** over your responsibilities are two different things.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Eh, only half wrong. 28.4 of the 40 mil guaranteed is 2013-2015, the dead money if they cut him prior to 2016 would be 11.6 mil which isn't bad, only 5 mil if they get rid of him before 2017. i.e. They'd actually save cap space by getting rid of him in 2015 or later.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/
Nah, you're still 100% wrong if you think Dallas is drafting a 1st round QB next year.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel be living it up.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Nah, you're still 100% wrong if you think Dallas is drafting a 1st round QB next year.
When did I say that they were? Stop twisting my words man. I simply affirmed that it was a possibility considering romo is expendable as early as 2015. His contract isn't going to keep them from drafting a qb just like sanchez's contract didn't keep the jets from drafting a qb. If they go 4-12 and a stud qb is on the board when they pick, do you really expect Jerry jones to pass because there's guaranteed money owed to Romo? It's all theoretical at this point but you're the one who's wrong if you think there's 0% chance they take a qb. It's probably about 5%, but that's still not 0.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
When did I say that they were? Stop twisting my words man. I simply affirmed that it was a possibility considering romo is expendable as early as 2015. His contract isn't going to keep them from drafting a qb just like sanchez's contract didn't keep the jets from drafting a qb. If they go 4-12 and a stud qb is on the board when they pick, do you really expect Jerry jones to pass because there's guaranteed money owed to Romo? It's all theoretical at this point but you're the one who's wrong if you think there's 0% chance they take a qb. It's probably about 5%, but that's still not 0.
You sure it's not 4.5%? Or are you firm on the 5%? I want to make sure I have your full clarity so I don't twist your words.

Just listen to yourself for a second. You're arguing with me that Dallas is going to take a QB because you believe there's a 5% chance of it happening.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe not the first, but I could sure see them taking one in the second or third. Those picks are dirt cheap now, cap-wise, and it'd be prudent to have someone ready to take over for Romo in the next couple of years. And if Manziel does declare, that's probably the range he'll be picked in - as long as he has a similar sophomore season to his first (and shows some improvements/refinements at dissecting defenses and playing within his offense, as opposed to simply taking off and running when his read isn't there) and doesn't implode off the field.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where exactly did I say he was sick?
Never said you did, that's just the other story floating around in the media. He should know he can't go anywhere without getting twitter bombed all over the place.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
You sure it's not 4.5%? Or are you firm on the 5%? I want to make sure I have your full clarity so I don't twist your words.

Just listen to yourself for a second. You're arguing with me that Dallas is going to take a QB because you believe there's a 5% chance of it happening.
No. Why don't you listen to what I said for a second. I am arguing with you that Tony Romo isn't locked in until 2018 like you suggested. Just look at his contract, only 11.6 of the guaranteed money is after 2015, so really he's only locked in until 2015. You have no grounds for getting attitude with me when you state things that are clearly wrong and then jump on me for things I'm not even saying.

I'm not sure if you're drunk, trolling, or simply can't read, but just to clarify what I have said up to this point because I don't want to see another post arguing with something I never even said:
- Tony Romo has little guarantees after 2015, so he's only locked in until then, not 2018
- Because of this, I don't think qb is completely out of the question like you are suggesting

Never once did the words 'Dallas is drafting a QB' come from me so just stop it.

Last edited by Robcards : 07-15-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No. Why don't you listen to what I said for a second. I am arguing with you that Tony Romo isn't locked in until 2018 like you suggested. Just look at his contract, only 11.6 of the guaranteed money is after 2015, so really he's only locked in until 2015. You have no grounds for getting attitude with me when you state things that are clearly wrong and then jump on me for things I'm not even saying.

I'm not sure if you're drunk, trolling, or simply can't read, but just to clarify what I have said up to this point because I don't want to see another post arguing with something I never even said:
- Tony Romo has little guarantees after 2015, so he's only locked in until then, not 2018
- Because of this, I don't think qb is completely out of the question like you are suggesting

Never once did the words 'Dallas is drafting a QB' come from me so just stop it.
I said Dallas isn't taking a qb next year because of romo's new contract.

You chimed in to say that Dallas might because romo's deal should only handicap the team until 2015.

I'm telling you there's 0 chance.

Your exact words were there was a 5% chance.

...and I'm still laughing at that.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
I said Dallas isn't taking a qb next year because of romo's new contract.

You chimed in to say that Dallas might because romo's deal should only handicap the team until 2015.

I'm telling you there's 0 chance.

Your exact words were there was a 5% chance.

...and I'm still laughing at that.
Was there any point to this post? Again, saying there's 0% chance that a team takes a qb in a draft that is 9 months away is the most absurd statement you can make. Also, "might draft a qb" is still not what I said. I said "I wouldn't rule it out," which is quite a bit different. I really don't know where this animosity towards me is coming from but it's completely uncalled for and ridiculously immature.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Was there any point to this post? Again, saying there's 0% chance that a team takes a qb in a draft that is 9 months away is the most absurd statement you can make. Also, "might draft a qb" is still not what I said. I said "I wouldn't rule it out," which is quite a bit different. I really don't know where this animosity towards me is coming from but it's completely uncalled for and ridiculously immature.
There's absolutely no animosity. Do you usually have this woe is me attitude? Geez, come on. You wanted to spur discussion so that's what this is.

You wanted to disagree with me that the Cowboys would take a QB (like Manziel) because you thought there was a 5% chance of it happening. ...and you call it absurd that I think there is a 0% chance??? lol

Cowboys are tied at the hip with Romo right now and if you think they are going to take a QB, at least come stronger with it than to say there's a 5% chance of it happening.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's absolutely no animosity. Do you usually have this woe is me attitude? Geez, come on. You wanted to spur discussion so that's what this is.

You wanted to disagree with me that the Cowboys would take a QB (like Manziel) because you thought there was a 5% chance of it happening. ...and you call it absurd that I think there is a 0% chance??? lol

Cowboys are tied at the hip with Romo right now and if you think they are going to take a QB, at least come stronger with it than to say there's a 5% chance of it happening.
The thing with Manziel is that WHEN he is available in Round 4 or later he isn't a bad pick for a team in need of a backup QB who isn't Kyle Orton.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you imagine handing this kid a couple of million dollars?

He'd be on a boat full of strippers and blow before the ink dried.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Start calling him mini-Roeth.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote