Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 07-16-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
Can you imagine handing this kid a couple of million dollars?

He'd be on a boat full of strippers and blow before the ink dried.
Where'd the cocaine come from??

Manziel has more in common with Matt Stafford in terms of background, two guys who grew up extremely well off who happened to excel at QB.

I see a kid who's used to doing what he likes to do off the field, on his own terms. But I don't think it means he's not serious about playing QB.

If Manziel goes in raw against the SEC again in 2013, he can get past this post-Heisman hangover drama.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
The thing with Manziel is that WHEN he is available in Round 4 or later he isn't a bad pick for a team in need of a backup QB who isn't Kyle Orton.
This season Manziel will get picked apart. If he does well, he could very well go Round 1. I'm firmly in the camp that his value would be in Round 1.

Even if he totally bombs out like some people want to think, I agree that he would be an excellent backup QB who is worth developing.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This season Manziel will get picked apart. If he does well, he could very well go Round 1. I'm firmly in the camp that his value would be in Round 1.

Even if he totally bombs out like some people want to think, I agree that he would be an excellent backup QB who is worth developing.
I have seen alot of projections for Tajh Boyd going in the first round. Manziel is a more talented player than Boyd and plays in a more difficult conference. So if Boyd is getting first round talk than Manziel deserves that consideration at the very least as well.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's absolutely no animosity. Do you usually have this woe is me attitude? Geez, come on. You wanted to spur discussion so that's what this is.

You wanted to disagree with me that the Cowboys would take a QB (like Manziel) because you thought there was a 5% chance of it happening. ...and you call it absurd that I think there is a 0% chance??? lol

Cowboys are tied at the hip with Romo right now and if you think they are going to take a QB, at least come stronger with it than to say there's a 5% chance of it happening.
What are you talking about? I wanted to disagree with you that Romo was locked in for the Cowboys until 2018. Go read what I said before you post again.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's absolutely no animosity. Do you usually have this woe is me attitude? Geez, come on. You wanted to spur discussion so that's what this is.

You wanted to disagree with me that the Cowboys would take a QB (like Manziel) because you thought there was a 5% chance of it happening. ...and you call it absurd that I think there is a 0% chance??? lol

Cowboys are tied at the hip with Romo right now and if you think they are going to take a QB, at least come stronger with it than to say there's a 5% chance of it happening.
What are you talking about? I wanted to disagree with you that Romo was locked in for the Cowboys until 2018. Go read what I said before you post again.

And yes you do have animosity towards me. Look at how this discussion escalated:

You: no way cowboys draft a qb romo is locked in until 2018
Me: his contract says he's only really locked in until 2015
You: your facts are wrong
Me. Link to contract, not wrong.
You: you're still wrong if you think they're drafting a qb!

Like, I never even said they were drafting a qb and you called me wrong for saying it. I'm just going to start arguing with you that Tony Romo isn't a hall of famer, because that's essentially what you've done here
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
My guess is whatever team drafts him will have full fan support. Another average year for the Cowboys and he may be headed for Dallas.
DUnit do you think I'm the one that wrote this post? That's the only way any of what your saying makes any sense.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Back to the topic on hand, we were discussing Manziel over beers last night and we came to this realization. The kid acts and looks like a total d bag, so therefore we want him to fail. Whether or not our initial impressions that he will be just another Tebow, Troy Smith, Jamarcus Russell, etc. and crush in college but not translate to the pros are well founded or not, we want it to be true. Mainly because we hate the kids face. Really, I would enjoy punching him in the nose, and for that reason I really hope he doesn't succeed in the NFL, and I hope he ends up on the Jags where all prospects go to die.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Manziel has more in common with Matt Stafford in terms of background, two guys who grew up extremely well off who happened to excel at QB.
But see, Stafford was allowed to act like that because he has a rocket laser arm. D-Bag does not.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
DUnit do you think I'm the one that wrote this post? That's the only way any of what your saying makes any sense.
No, this is what started it. 2015 or 2018 has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
Pretty sure his new contract has hardly any guaranteed money after 2015 or so, I wouldn't rule out the boys drafting a QB, they can cut him with minimal cap penalty in a couple of years, or trade him.
When you said this, it came against me saying Dallas won't take a QB in Round 1. You obviously tried to justify that they would. Now you're backtracking... fine.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
No, this is what started it. 2015 or 2018 has nothing to do with anything.

When you said this, it came against me saying Dallas won't take a QB in Round 1. You obviously tried to justify that they would. Now you're backtracking... fine.
I'm not backtracking in the slightest. You wanted to start an argument so badly you misread what I said. How in the world is 'wouldn't rule out' the same as 'I think they'll draft a qb'? In what world are those even close to the same? Wouldn't rule out means its a number that isn't 0, I arbitrarily said 5% and you continue to bring that number up even though its simply an arbitrarily small number that is not equal to zero and that's all it is. You sir, are the one who wanted to argue, not I. I very politely informed you that mr. Romo is not locked in until 2018, and only through the 2015 season, so a qb isn't completely out of the question, and you took it to mean I think the cowboys are likely to take a qb because you don't like me and/or wanted a forum fight. Which is fine, but I have an aversion to people putting words in my mouth.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
My guess is whatever team drafts him will have full fan support. Another average year for the Cowboys and he may be headed for Dallas.
Quote:
That's just not happening. Tony Romo's new deal killed that thought.
Quote:
Pretty sure his new contract has hardly any guaranteed money after 2015 or so, I wouldn't rule out the boys drafting a QB, they can cut him with minimal cap penalty in a couple of years, or trade him.
Quote:
Nope. You got your facts wrong. I wish he didn't have a lot of guaranteed money after 2015, but we're gonna have to wait till 2018.
Quote:
Eh, only half wrong. 28.4 of the 40 mil guaranteed is 2013-2015, the dead money if they cut him prior to 2016 would be 11.6 mil which isn't bad, only 5 mil if they get rid of him before 2017. i.e. They'd actually save cap space by getting rid of him in 2015 or later.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo/
So up to here the conversation is basically about whether Tony Romo's deal prevents the team from drafting a quarterback. The answer is "No, it doesn't. Draft picks are cheap now, and the contract is, predictably, front-loaded."

Quote:
Nah, you're still 100% wrong if you think Dallas is drafting a 1st round QB next year.
And then D-Unit assumes that Manziel is a lock for the first round, which no one had said, and spends the next couple of pages arguing that therefore there's no chance the Cowboys pick any quarterback in the first round, which is not what anyone said. It's a freaking Johnny Manziel thread. No one even wants to talk about Tony Romo. Babylon merely suggested Manziel might end up in Dallas. He didn't even say which round. D-Unit is just married to the idea that Manziel is going to be a first round pick.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not backtracking in the slightest. You wanted to start an argument so badly you misread what I said. How in the world is 'wouldn't rule out' the same as 'I think they'll draft a qb'? In what world are those even close to the same? Wouldn't rule out means its a number that isn't 0, I arbitrarily said 5% and you continue to bring that number up even though its simply an arbitrarily small number that is not equal to zero and that's all it is. You sir, are the one who wanted to argue, not I. I very politely informed you that mr. Romo is not locked in until 2018, and only through the 2015 season, so a qb isn't completely out of the question, and you took it to mean I think the cowboys are likely to take a qb because you don't like me and/or wanted a forum fight. Which is fine, but I have an aversion to people putting words in my mouth.
I don't think Dallas will draft Manziel or any other QB in Round 1 next year because of Tony Romo's contract. Are you gonna argue that?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
I don't think Dallas will draft Manziel or any other QB in Round 1 next year because of Tony Romo's contract. Are you gonna argue that?
I already have. You are implying there is 0% chance they take a qb, citing a contract which can be easily rid of 2 seasons after the draft. If the Cowboys don't take a qb next year, it will not be because of Romo's contract, it will be because either a) they finally had a good year with Romo and aren't interested or b) the value isn't there for a qb and/or Jerry jones doesn't like whatever qb is available. While I've already said I don't think it's likely that they draft a qb in the 1st round, I still stand by my original statement which was I would not rule it out. On a list of teams most likely to draft a qb, the Cowboys are probably in the top half, which of course could change if they have a good season, but based on what they've done in recent years I would expect another 8 win or less season is the favorite.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I already have. You are implying there is 0% chance they take a qb, citing a contract which can be easily rid of 2 seasons after the draft. If the Cowboys don't take a qb next year, it will not be because of Romo's contract, it will be because either a) they finally had a good year with Romo and aren't interested or b) the value isn't there for a qb and/or Jerry jones doesn't like whatever qb is available. While I've already said I don't think it's likely that they draft a qb in the 1st round, I still stand by my original statement which was I would not rule it out. On a list of teams most likely to draft a qb, the Cowboys are probably in the top half, which of course could change if they have a good season, but based on what they've done in recent years I would expect another 8 win or less season is the favorite.
Yeah, in addition to a) and b) there's also c) the Cowboys have bigger needs, d) 1st round QBs are expected to be (and can be) Year 1 starters, e) since QBs can start right away, the Cowboys shouldn't be pressured into taking one in Round 1, f) Tony Romo's contract, and g) it would be totally stupid.

If they want to take a developmental QB, great try it after Round 1.

...and if I were to further backup my case by using your arbitrary % logic, then by 2015, Tony Romo will have won 3 Super Bowls and in no way would be endangered of getting cut. ...cause you "can't rule it out".
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny Football wont go in round one, so theyll still have a shot at him
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deadspin had a nice article about all the crap you guys are complaining about regarding his perceived image, today.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Johnny Football wont go in round one, so theyll still have a shot at him
I'm an advocate for him so I would welcome that. But it's not happening if Jason Garrett is still the Head Coach. He likes stiff and proper boys. If Jerruh fires him then talent trumps character once again.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, in addition to a) and b) there's also c) the Cowboys have bigger needs, d) 1st round QBs are expected to be (and can be) Year 1 starters, e) since QBs can start right away, the Cowboys shouldn't be pressured into taking one in Round 1, f) Tony Romo's contract, and g) it would be totally stupid.

If they want to take a developmental QB, great try it after Round 1.

...and if I were to further backup my case by using your arbitrary % logic, then by 2015, Tony Romo will have won 3 Super Bowls and in no way would be endangered of getting cut. ...cause you "can't rule it out".
C) teams typically don't draft their biggest need they draft the best player
D) how is this a reason not to draft a qb in the first? You draft players in the first for 4-5 years, not 1
E) this is the same as D
F) he can be cut or traded as early as 2015 and save cap space, as I mentioned before, not a deterrent
G) how can you say you have any credibility whatsoever when one of your reasons is 'its stupid'?

And yes I can rule out Romo winning 3 Super Bowls by 2015, as there will only have been 2 Super Bowls anyone could have won by then.

You're losing this. Deal win it.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Deadspin had a nice article about all the crap you guys are complaining about regarding his perceived image, today.
his personally is a non issue to me, i love that he has a cocky attitude and out drinking and ****, theres seriously no problem with that at all. People get so bent out of shape for EVERYTHING its pathetic.

That being said, the fact that he is ty detmer born again should be a red flag to a team wanting him to be the face of a franchise, i just dont see the NFL being easy for him
Old 07-16-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
his personally is a non issue to me, i love that he has a cocky attitude and out drinking and ****, theres seriously no problem with that at all. People get so bent out of shape for EVERYTHING its pathetic.

That being said, the fact that he is ty detmer born again should be a red flag to a team wanting him to be the face of a franchise, i just dont see the NFL being easy for him
Just wondering how old you are and if you watched Ty Detmer in college? Or did you just hear the comparison and watch Detmer highlight videos?

Manziel is more Vick than Detmer. All his antics aside he is a pretty special talent. He just needs to keep his head on straight.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Manziel-Detmer has got to be one of the worst player comparisons I've ever heard of.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Just wondering how old you are and if you watched Ty Detmer in college? Or did you just hear the comparison and watch Detmer highlight videos?

Manziel is more Vick than Detmer. All his antics aside he is a pretty special talent. He just needs to keep his head on straight.
Not feeling that one either.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Not feeling that one either.
I agree, don't think he's anywhere near as athletic as Vick was coming out of college.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick had a big arm and was more athletic.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post

I think the comparison to Detmer was thrown out by Danielson and Lundquist so it has to be right.

as for the Vick comparison the dog guy was faster straight line but Manziel has the quickest feet I've ever seen for a QB.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote