Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe not so much this year, but the rules are still any-given-Sunday. You don't have to look much farther than the Rams destroying the Colts last week. The mark of a really good team is being able to rise up to their potential. Even if they don't do it every week. The Colts couldn't find that gear agains the Rams, but they were able to get it together against the Titans. It's not good to fall behind, but I think the ability to come back is just as indicative of a team's quality as their ability to run out to a big lead and keep it.

The ability to tighten up your defense while getting your offense going, in critical times, is how teams make it far in the post season, so clawing back from a big deficit to get a win is always the more important part. Letting an inferior team get a good lead on you shows sloppiness, sure; but the ability to, at a certain point, completely shut them down and climb back on top is probably the more important thing to observe. It's always better to be a second-half team when it comes down to it.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Same place where the "49ers suck" comment was after the 49ers got blown out by the Colts.

It's a long season. Seattle has shown more evidence of being an elite team than San Francisco has over the entire span of 10 games.
If the comment from last week regarding Seattle and Tampa Bay was in the same place then where is it?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-16-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems as if Harvin really will play this week. I never thought this day would come.

Hopefully he can somehow stay on the field. If he can, I expect to see him in the backfield a lot.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to be that guy, but from the moment the Seahawks signed him I've actually had kind of a hard time imagining him being very prolific in this offense. I don't know why. It's just a gut feeling and I hope I'm wrong.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Hate to be that guy, but from the moment the Seahawks signed him I've actually had kind of a hard time imagining him being very prolific in this offense. I don't know why. It's just a gut feeling and I hope I'm wrong.
Maybe they'll use him like the 49ers use LaMichael James.

:shakes head:
Old 11-17-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Maybe they'll use him like the 49ers use LaMichael James.

:shakes head:
That's a good one. Hard to understand why LaMike hasn't done more damage in the league.... but we HAVE already seen Harvin cause major damage in this league.
He was in the running for MVP thru about 1/3rd of the season last year.

With Seattle, it will be very interesting to see how he's used.
But he needs touches... the magic can't happen on every play he gets the ball.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's a good one. Hard to understand why LaMike hasn't done more damage in the league.
Tough to do damage when you're inactive or sitting the bench. He's only played in 3 of the 10 games. He has a whopping 8 carries.

They have finally put him back returning punts last week.

Here's my bigger question...

Why is Anthony Dixon returning kicks over James?
Why is a college DE (Bruce Miller) lining up wide as a receiving threat over James?
Old 11-17-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tough to do damage when you're inactive or sitting the bench. He's only played in 3 of the 10 games. He has a whopping 8 carries.

They have finally put him back returning punts last week.

Here's my bigger question...

Why is Anthony Dixon returning kicks over James?
Why is a college DE (Bruce Miller) lining up wide as a receiving threat over James?
Good questions. I'm disappointed by the lack of usage as well when it comes to James. I figured A.J. would take time to develop when we drafted in rd 1, but I thought James would be able to make more of an immediate impact when we took him in rd 2. Just by getting him on the field with Kaep and lining him up all over the place. Maybe they just don't think he's very good?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe because James has not proved himself to be a reliable pass blocker.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If James isn't very good at least put him back at Punt returner. Let him run out in space and get in work there. I'm sure he can't mess that up.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Maybe because James has not proved himself to be a reliable pass blocker.
That's probably the biggest reason why he doesn't get more snaps. You have to be able to protect your QB to get on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
That's probably the biggest reason why he doesn't get more snaps. You have to be able to protect your QB to get on the field.
I absolutely agree. But what does that have to do with returning kicks for Anthony Dixon or lining up wide for Bruce Miller?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I absolutely agree. But what does that have to do with returning kicks for Anthony Dixon or lining up wide for Bruce Miller?
I don't get Dixon at all. He is a plodding RB. He is a decent special teams player except for the returns. He should never touch the ball on offense. I cry when I see him get a toss.

Miller at WR isn't normal so it's probably just a formation thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Miller starts out in the backfield though and when the play is changed he has the option to go out wide.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Miller starts out in the backfield though and when the play is changed he has the option to go out wide.
Not always. And often the shift is part of the play and not an audible.

My point is that if the 49ers are so desperate for a spark in the passing game why not give James a shot in space?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night's performance sway anyone to the Niners side more?

I can't wait for that SF at Sea game.
If only the Niners could get their defense and OL back healthy.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
If only the Niners could get their defense and OL back healthy.
You say that sarcastically, but they're missing an O-Line starter and 4 starters on defense. Hasn't mattered.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Interestingly last night, Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James saw time split wide and James has been the RS.

Obvious changes that seem to have begun to pay dividends.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can't wait for that SF at Sea game.
They played that game week 2.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Interestingly last night, Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James saw time split wide and James has been the RS.

Obvious changes that seem to have begun to pay dividends.
Yeah I didn't really have an issue with Roman's play calls. He knocked off the common sense ********.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You say that sarcastically, but they're missing an O-Line starter and 4 starters on defense. Hasn't mattered.
What starters on D are they missing? McDonald, Tarrell Brown, ????
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ian Williams is another starter we've missed. Other than that it's been mostly Aldon Smith throughout the season. But he just came back.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ian Williams
Ray McDonald
Tarell Brown
Chris Culliver
Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Ian Williams
Ray McDonald
Tarell Brown
Chris Culliver
That's pretty good, if you'd rank your best 11 players on defense, I'm pretty sure at the top would be a bunch of guys NOT them.

A Smith
Bowman
Willis
J Smith
Reid
A Brooks

Those 6 for sure.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is such a crap fest.