Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Troy Aikman and Joe Buck were saying the same thing during the telecast. I don't think they are secretly rooting for SF.
Well Troy and Buck are ******* idiots, so why anyone would actually listen to them is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well Troy and Buck are ******* idiots, so why anyone would actually listen to them is beyond me.
Great rationale bro.

"They're idiots so it doesn't matter".

Since obviously it takes a genius to determine a pass interference ruling.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 12-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Clear to you, because you have the benefit of seeing it in 50 different angles and in slow motion. That isn't clear to the official. At all. If you're moaning about that, you'll be moaning about 90% of calls made in a game.
It was clear to me the moment it happened on the field from what I saw on the telecast. I could have been wrong, but in this instance I wasn't.

Again whether or not you see it accurately or not does not change the reality of what takes place. Sure it's a judgement call. That's why I said it was one that they had missed. There are always calls missed. I was just correcting the previous assertion that it may not have been PI. It was. It just wasn't called.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not saying you're wrong because I don't have refresher footage but I don't remember seeing penalty-worthy play.

Any still shots or gifs or vids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
There was a play where Boldin grabbed Lane, spun him all the way around, threw him to the ground and then shoved his helmet into the turf.
Was this a running play? If he didn't hold, what you described isn't illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
There were multiple holds on Gore's game sealing run
Definitely didn't see any holding. Vernon Davis pulled off what I think could've turned into hold had he stayed with the defender.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The story on the Gore run was the supposed DPOY completely overrunning and taking a horrible angle against a slow running back.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The story on the Gore run was the supposed DPOY completely overrunning and taking a horrible angle against a slow running back.
True. Interesting tidbit is that Greg Roman changed the pulling responsibility on that play. On previous plays of the same alignment, the backside guard pulls. On this play, Roman called for the same side guard (Adam Snyder) to kick out and seal the end. This forced Thomas to jump more towards an outside run than typical. Then Gore juked him pretty well.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
It's a classic Gore cutback in open space. He set Earl Thomas up and used his speed against him which resulted in the horrible angle. Gore was talking about it in the postgame.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Definitely not saying you're wrong because I don't have refresher footage but I don't remember seeing penalty-worthy play.

Any still shots or gifs or vids?

Was this a running play? If he didn't hold, what you described isn't illegal.

Definitely didn't see any holding. Vernon Davis pulled off what I think could've turned into hold had he stayed with the defender.
This is the Vernon Davis hold on Sherman on Gore's run. You can see it in real tim at the 2:05 mark in the highlight below.

The next play in the video at about 2:20 is Kaepernicks run. Watch #20 Jeremy Lane and #42 Byron Maxwell. #82 gets Lane and #74 gets Maxwell. Both blatant holds on guys that Kaep ran right by.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-se...ers-highlights

Still frame of the hold on Lane

Still frame of the hold on Maxwell.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^Completely understandable that the official saw simultaneous contact from the ball and the corner when you look at that gif. Especially considering his angle. You don't have to turn your head. People always say that but that's not the rule. You are allowed to play the pocket without turning your head. It's a common defensive technique.
Quote:
Seems pretty clear. The officials simply missed it.

Seems clear to me to, that is a blown call even in real time. I can understand the the official in the corner of the endzone not throwing the flag because has a restrcited view given his angle however the official by the near hash mark in the end zone had a clear view of contact before the ball arrives with a defender who is not playing the ball. The rule does clearly state that "contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiverís opportunity to make the catch" constitutes pass interference.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great rationale bro.

"They're idiots so it doesn't matter".

Since obviously it takes a genius to determine a pass interference ruling.
It was a ******* joke, meat. I know the difference between PI and what isn't. It was just saying that Aikmen and Buck are idiots.

Such a damn whiner all the time, no wonder Menardo hates you in the Niner forum.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back and to the left.

Back and to the left.

Back and to the left.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Back and to the left.

Back and to the left.

Back and to the left.
I keep thinking of Seinfeld episodes. That was one magic running back on that play.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw the Seahawks live yesterday.

Seeing what opposing QBs look at is just scary. Teams really can't do anything as long as Thomas can patrol center field, Sherman is playing out of this world, and the big guys show up to stop the run. There's just no smart way to attack the D. I have no idea what I'd do. You just have to hope they don't stay disciplined in their gap assignments. And just pray you get some flags or something. It truly is one of the great defenses of this era. Malcom Smith comes in for an injured KJ Wright and just plays his ass off. The DL rotation is glorious. Maxwell is so much better than Browner it's not even close. I really just don't know what you do.

Russell Wilson has become so good that even when he doesn't have his best game, he still produces. That's a special quality few guys have.

So here's the plan. Ideally the Seahawks have five games left.

Just played @ Met Life.
At home vs. ARI
At home vs. STL
Bye
At home vs. SF*
At home vs. CAR*
Return to Met Life to take on Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.

As for the Niners, they're humming. But it's going to be tough to back them in Seattle given the recent history, if they even get there. I think they will get there. When they do, I'd advise them to play with nothing to lose. Come out and throw everything at them. Let Kaep throw it around the lot, change up the defense and blitz Wilson, give some gadget plays, bring the heat on punt block, etc. Because in a straight up fight in Seattle, the Niners simply aren't as good.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
It was a ******* joke, meat. I know the difference between PI and what isn't. It was just saying that Aikmen and Buck are idiots.

Such a damn whiner all the time, no wonder Menardo hates you in the Niner forum.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the NFL, there are only 2 legit contenders.
Everyone else is a pretender.

Seattle and San Fran are the only contenders.

Yes, that's right, Carolina who won at San Fran is not a real contender.
Neither are the Saints, Packers, Lions, Bears, or any NFC East team, or the Cardinals.

Only the Hawks and Niners have a chance.
Will they meet in Seattle's first playoff game or will it be the NFC Championship game?

Depends on what seed SF gets compared to the Car/NO loser.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

So what's the deal with the Niners FB situation? Bruce Miller played a lot and Roman likes throwing to the FB. Does Dixon slide in there? Do they sign someone off the street? McDonald?

Not sure it will be a big loss - everyone will point to how many catches he had when realistically this might help the offense because it will force them to open it up a bit and stop being so predictable.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDonald might be out. Dixon, James or Hunter should be getting the FB spot from what I hear
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
In the NFL, there are only 2 legit contenders.
Everyone else is a pretender.

Seattle and San Fran are the only contenders.

Yes, that's right, Carolina who won at San Fran is not a real contender.
Neither are the Saints, Packers, Lions, Bears, or any NFC East team, or the Cardinals.

Only the Hawks and Niners have a chance.
Will they meet in Seattle's first playoff game or will it be the NFC Championship game?

Depends on what seed SF gets compared to the Car/NO loser.....
I could see the Panthers making a run.

I could also see the 49ers stumbling in the wild card round against the NFC North or NFC East team. The 49ers have a good defense but the talent in their secondary is still mediocre and can be exposed. Their offense is better now but is still pretty one-dimensional and I'm not sold on Kaepernick. A good defensive game plan could keep them to less than 19 points and a good offense could hang 21+ on their defense.
Jomoz (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers Secondary has played well all year, except for Week 1 against Rodgers. Even against the Colts and Seahawks, pass defense was not an issue, pass offense was.

Any given sunday, but i think SF wins the WC game and advances to the 2nd round. I think their worst matchups are Seattle in Seattle, and Carolina.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McDonald might be out. Dixon, James or Hunter should be getting the FB spot from what I hear
Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James are not physically capable of playing fullback.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
The 49ers Secondary has played well all year, except for Week 1 against Rodgers. Even against the Colts and Seahawks, pass defense was not an issue, pass offense was.

Any given sunday, but i think SF wins the WC game and advances to the 2nd round. I think their worst matchups are Seattle in Seattle, and Carolina.
They're just not very talented. Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner and Tarrell Brown are not very good, imho. They get away with mediocre talent in the secondary due to the front seven. A good passing offense could expose these guys if they block things up front or if the 49ers pass rush has a bad day.

Like in the WC round, I could easily see the Eagles hanging 28+ on that secondary at home with a really good game plan that catches them by surprise, especially since the Eagles have the O-Line capable of shutting down the 49ers pass rushers.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
LOL James or Hunter won't be playing fullback.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
I could see the Panthers making a run.

I could also see the 49ers stumbling in the wild card round against the NFC North or NFC East team. The 49ers have a good defense but the talent in their secondary is still mediocre and can be exposed. Their offense is better now but is still pretty one-dimensional and I'm not sold on Kaepernick. A good defensive game plan could keep them to less than 19 points and a good offense could hang 21+ on their defense.
And who in the NFC East or North have a good defense?

The secondary has been a strength of this team all season long and isn't fading down the stretch like it did last year when our front seven failed to get pressure (which would happen with practically any team). Really, who has exposed the 49ers secondary this season? No one has been a liability. They rank 4th in yards given up in the air and 2nd in yards given up per pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
Like in the WC round, I could easily see the Eagles hanging 28+ on that secondary at home with a really good game plan that catches them by surprise, especially since the Eagles have the O-Line capable of shutting down the 49ers pass rushers.
The problem with that is that the Eagles would probably give up 48 points like they did to Minnesota.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-18-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
And who in the NFC East or North have a good defense?

The secondary has been a strength of this team all season long and isn't fading down the stretch like it did last year when our front seven failed to get pressure (which would happen with practically any team). Really, who has exposed the 49ers secondary this season? No one has been a liability. They rank 4th in yards given up in the air and 2nd in yards given up per pass.
I'm just saying... they have a secondary that can be exposed. The Seahawks, on the other hand, really do not have a single weak link in their defense. Nobody is hanging 21+ points on the Seahawks in the playoffs. I could easily see a team like the Bears or the Eagles putting up that much or even more, like 30+, on the 49ers.

Quote:
The problem with that is that the Eagles would probably give up 48 points like they did to Minnesota.
That was probably more of a fluke than anything else. They had a streak of games where they held each team to less than 21 points.