Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I watched the Jeffersons, does that make me an honorary brother.
Ask the Miami Dolphins.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh. forget it.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-20-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Black youth usually didn't tune into Seinfeld back in the day. Just sayin.
Speak for yourself. As a black man, I can honestly say at laughed just as hard watching Seinfeld as I did watching in Living Color, Martin, or The Boondocks. Nothing was as funny as Def Comdey Jam and Chappelle Show at their pinnacle though. And SNL has had their moments over the years. But back to the topic...

Clemons = slightly above average

Irvin = potential to be a nightmare match-up with his speed and rushing ability, just average at the moment though. Still very raw.

Avril = Average. Personally, I think he's one of the most overrated pass-rushers. Good fit for that scheme though.

Bennett = Average. Solid guy but never a guy you would have to gameplan for.

The one guy who's impressed me the most, that I'm hoping they just let walk during free agency.....Clinton McDonald. I think he's more disruptive than Mebane, especially when they play him at the 1-tech. Unsung hero along that front.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Speak for yourself. As a black man, I can honestly say at laughed just as hard watching Seinfeld as I did watching in Living Color, Martin, or The Boondocks. Nothing was as funny as Def Comdey Jam and Chappelle Show at their pinnacle though. And SNL has had their moments over the years. But back to the topic...
I think I'd probably be speaking to the majority of the black community, not just myself. Just like most black people didn't watch Friends or Frazier.

I liked what I saw of Cheers though.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-20-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are these deep Seattle Corners all really that great?
Or are they benefitting from a super pass rush, good safeties around them, and getting away with a lot of clutch & grabbing that they're coached up to do?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Or are they benefitting from a super pass rush, good safeties around them, and getting away with a lot of clutch & grabbing that they're coached up to do?
It's a well-managed defensive unit that has a good balance of players who play the way they're coached to play. Trying to pick one part out in order to explain another is sort of fallacious. Pete Carroll does a good job of picking certain types of players which compliment players at other positions. There's a couple of players like Earl Thomas and probably Bobby Wagner who are extremely versatile and would excel in many schemes, but there are multiple others like Kam Chancellor, Red Bryant (and dare I say Richard Sherman) who've been put in exactly the right situation to excel using the particular skillsets they have. They work hard to learn their jobs and execute them precisely; that's something our defensive coaches really emphasize and is a reason so many guys seem like they're plug-and-play. They're pretty much all coached to play the same way, and the coaches pick players who are physically suited to play the way they want.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-20-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've heard people say all of the following.

- Thomas is overrated because he has so much help from great corners and Chancellor playing in the box so all he has to do is play center field.

- Sherman/Browner/Maxwell-Chancellor are overrated because they benefit from Thomas covering their asses so all they have to do is play press and not worry about getting beat deep.

- The secondary is overrated because they benefit from a great pass rush.

- The pass rushers are overrated because they benefit from a great secondary.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I've heard people say all of the following.

- Thomas is overrated because he has so much help from great corners and Chancellor playing in the box so all he has to do is play center field.

- Sherman/Browner/Maxwell-Chancellor are overrated because they benefit from Thomas covering their asses so all they have to do is play press and not worry about getting beat deep.

- The secondary is overrated because they benefit from a great pass rush.

- The pass rushers are overrated because they benefit from a great secondary.

In my opinion the Seahawks have 2 irreplaceble players on defense and that is Wagner and Thomas.

Sherman is a great CB but the CBs can play that aggressive style of press man and Chancellor can be a predominantly box safety because Thomas has such good range.

Earl Thomas is the prototype FS in the NFL.

As for Wagner, his ability in the run and pass game is such a key thing for good defenses. LB is the forgotten position in the NFL, but if you have good LBs you can do so much more.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have to disagree on Sherman and Wagner. Sherman helps Thomas just as much as Thomas helps Sherman. Wagner missed a couple games this season and the defense didn't miss a beat with Malcolm Smith replacing him.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clemons, Avril, Bennett, and Irvin are all stud pass rushers.

You don't produce 8+ sacks year-in and year-out (which is what Avril has done) or 11+ sacks for three straight years (which is what Clemons has done) without being in the upper echelon of pass rushers.

Give me a guy that consistently produces 8-11 sacks every year and puts constant pressure on the quarterback over some guy who once had a 16 sack season but has been a ghost ever since (i.e. Jason Pierre Paul, who everyone likes to point to as the example of the 'physical freak' with a high ceiling). Injuries or not, that's not an excuse because every player in the NFL has to deal with injuries.
Jomoz (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I would have to disagree on Sherman and Wagner. Sherman helps Thomas just as much as Thomas helps Sherman. Wagner missed a couple games this season and the defense didn't miss a beat with Malcolm Smith replacing him.
I don't think I'd say that Sherman helps Thomas. That's just not how they play him. They lock him onto a receiver and then Thomas is the insurance policy that allows Sherman to freelance a bit and try to get interceptions. And with Wagner, those two games were against Tennessee and Arizona, the 20th and 25th-best rushing offenses in the NFL, and Malcolm Smith is a fast, fluid guy so it makes sense for him not to be a liability in those circumstances. Think you're under-appreciating what Wagner does a little bit by saying the defense didn't miss a beat. They were ok, but Wagner is definitely a superior player to Smith. What you want from your backups is for them to be able to go in for a week or two and not be liabilities, but if that happens it doesn't mean they're on the same overall level as the player they replaced.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Thomas doesn't have to worry about Sherman's side of the field as much because Sherman has it locked down. Teams simply don't throw at Sherman. When is the last time you saw Sherman get saved by Thomas?

Wagner is a great player, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't put him in the "irreplaceable" class like I would with Thomas and Sherman.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherman is a stud. Honestly that whole secondary is amazing. I think if you plucked every individual from that secondary and placed them on different teams all of them would excel.

This defense is loaded. Their DL has great stackers, LB core is amazing, secondary is amazing, and they have a solid rotation of pass rushers that compliment the rest of the defense well.

Add to that a great scheme and great coaches, and you have an all world defense.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Fresh Prince, Martin, In Living Color. **** the Cosbys.
So much better than the other shows listed here.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
So much better than the other shows listed here.
In Living Color might be my favorite show of all time so no arguments from me.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
In Living Color might be my favorite show of all time so no arguments from me.
Good man!!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ask the Miami Dolphins.
I was talking George and Weezie but well played Nestle.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man i hope we can win out, and Seattle loses to St. Louis. They did give them fits the last time they played and St. Louis has beaten the Colts, Bears, and Saints recently.

Its a longshot, and SF isn't even guaranteed to win week 17, but i'll be rooting hard for St. Louis next week.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Man i hope we can win out, and Seattle loses to St. Louis. They did give them fits the last time they played and St. Louis has beaten the Colts, Bears, and Saints recently.

Its a longshot, and SF isn't even guaranteed to win week 17, but i'll be rooting hard for St. Louis next week.
I look forward to the next Niners-Seattle game, and it will be a lot CLOSER in Seattle than it has been there before.

San Fran will have a shot in Seattle, because they are the most healthy team in the NFL once again.
I don't see Harvin coming back and being what they wanted when they traded for him, and Sidney Rice ain't coming back either.

I wish Arizona could take the Chicago playoff spot.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I'll admit that the way the offense played against Arizona worried me. They looked kind of incompetent at times. Russell Wilson was off all night. I don't have a metric, but I feel like he missed more throws in Sunday's game than any game all year. He kept throwing high. Marshawn wasn't terrible but they kept putting themselves in situations where Russell had to throw and kept missing. Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate aren't players who can take over games, and I think they both had a drop or two. Russell kind of relies on them to make circus catches sometimes and they weren't happening. Feel like that game was exactly the reason we need to really try to come out of next year's draft with Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. Or maybe Jace Amaro. Russell just doesn't have a receiver he can feed it to when the pressure is on.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-24-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'll admit that the way the offense played against Arizona worried me. They looked kind of incompetent at times. Russell Wilson was off all night. I don't have a metric, but I feel like he missed more throws in Sunday's game than any game all year. He kept throwing high. Marshawn wasn't terrible but they kept putting themselves in situations where Russell had to throw and kept missing. Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate aren't players who can take over games, and I think they both had a drop or two. Russell kind of relies on them to make circus catches sometimes and they weren't happening. Feel like that game was exactly the reason we need to really try to come out of next year's draft with Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. Or maybe Jace Amaro. Russell just doesn't have a receiver he can feed it to when the pressure is on.
I agree there.... I am starting to change my opinion to the 49ers even though I originally voted Seattle and even though they are the #1 seed.

Health is very important, and Seattle missing it's best 2 WR's will have a big impact should they play SF again.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So San Francisco has to go on the road three straight games, while Seattle only has to win two home games with the best home field advantage in the game.

Hmm. Yeah, I think I'll go with Seattle at this point.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
So San Francisco has to go on the road three straight games, while Seattle only has to win two home games with the best home field advantage in the game.

Hmm. Yeah, I think I'll go with Seattle at this point.

It depends on how far the sixth seed gets. The 49ers might have to go on the road three straight games. If they meet the Saints in the championship game it would be at Candlestick.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-30-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:

It depends on how far the sixth seed gets. The 49ers might have to go on the road three straight games. If they meet the Saints in the championship game it would be at Candlestick.
Which is basically not happening. New Orleans isn't winning many road games either.

I think the NFC Title Game will come down to either Green Bay in Seattle, San Francisco in Seattle, or Philly in Seattle.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Curious as to who the non-Seahawk and non-Niner fans think will win the NFC West this season.

Both were top picks to win the NFC on betting accounts, but the Niners loss of Crabtree could loom large. There are only a small amount of playmakers, and he was their clear playmaker once Collin took over.

I know I can't keep the SF & Sea homers from voting, but being public, we can see and filter them out... it's the other 30 teams who's opinion I want to see here, figure out who to bet on.

Who you got?

Thank you for your honest participation.
-LaDontrel
The original question has been answered. It was a tighter race than it felt like after the Week 2 demolition.

If the two favorites win in the WC round, SF's coming for WW3. And if SF pulled the upset, Seattle winning the answer to the question posed in this thread won't mean squat and SF will have had the last laugh.

I'm intrigued with Kaepernick's development. He's been dreadful at times this year but he's quietly playing well under the radar - at least well enough to manage the games late in the year. Ultimately I think his impact on a game is a little Alex Smith+, in the middle of where we expected him to go - either wayyyy up the QB ladder as a top guy after Week 1/last year's playoffs, or wayyy down the ladder as a liability and a below average QB. It's been an interesting year. Credit to him for hanging in there. But he's not the dynamic running threat we thought he'd be.

25 total TDs. Just 8 picks!
58.4% comp. 7.7 YPA
524 rushing yards and 4 TD after 415 and 5 TDs in half the starts last year.

Very interesting year. The Niners scheme and philosophy has helped mold him into the player he is - for better or worse. I'm not sure if they're maximizing his running abilities. I expect them to unleash his legs during the playoffs.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote