Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't make the mistakes New Orleans made early in the game yesterday. 15 yard punt, 15 yard penalty on defense to set up a FG, missed 2 FG's, didn't convert on 4th down, etc.

Have to be smarter. And play with the energy New Orleans defense had.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early forecast calls for light winds and a 40% chance or rain.

Looking good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Curious as to who the non-Seahawk and non-Niner fans think will win the NFC West this season.

Both were top picks to win the NFC on betting accounts, but the Niners loss of Crabtree could loom large. There are only a small amount of playmakers, and he was their clear playmaker once Collin took over.

I know I can't keep the SF & Sea homers from voting, but being public, we can see and filter them out... it's the other 30 teams who's opinion I want to see here, figure out who to bet on.

Who you got?

Thank you for your honest participation.
-LaDontrel
From May, what a great thread this has turned out to be.

We got, well I, got the NFC Title game I have been looking for for the past 8 months.
SHOWDOWN!!

The Niners opened the season as favorites.
But I liked Seattle then and made their case.
They kicked the Niners red asses in Seattle early and moved ahead of them.

But along the way, since Crabtree was injured in the spring, HE has come back. And Sidney Rice went out on the other side, for good. Now Harvin is broken all up, and might be out.

Since them, SF has performed miracles as their original top-5 OL is still all in tact, as are their amazing 4 Pro Bowl LBs.
Oh, Justin Smith, he's healthy too, so is Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree is back, fresh as a Tennessee Daisy. Boldin is battle-tested, he's still healthy too!

Vegas has the Hawks an opening 3 1/2 point favorite.
My shark buddy LOVES Seattle.
I just can't see them scoring that much on that All-World San Francisco defense.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME.
Clear best 2 teams in the NFC.
Division Rivals.
Both coaches hate each other, and coaches I don't like either of....

Not sure who I will be rooting for... got a lotta money on SF to win the Super Bowl, and they won me some $ today and last week vs the CheeseBand-Aids.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:36 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL rigged the season so the NFC Championship would come down to this to appease this thread.

I just know it!
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
The NFL rigged the season so the NFC Championship would come down to this to appease this thread.

I just know it!
Another comedian haha.

No, it's just a rare time that the clear most 2 talented teams actually made it to the conference title game. Usually someone gets upset along the way, or one talented team gets decimated by injuries.

Even as a Packer fan who now hates both teams and coaches, this is THE game I wanted to see.
I feel Seattle will feel more pressure being at home.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we'll find out next weekend who is top dog.

Feels like "What's Your Deal" was a highly acclaimed television series that just got a motion picture deal. Gonna be epic.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another comedian haha.

No, it's just a rare time that the clear most 2 talented teams actually made it to the conference title game. Usually someone gets upset along the way, or one talented team gets decimated by injuries.

Even as a Packer fan who now hates both teams and coaches, this is THE game I wanted to see.
I feel Seattle will feel more pressure being at home.
I expect Seattle to play better next weekend, whether it'll be enough, we'll see. Playing in the Kingdome should give them an advantage
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well said, no doubt about that.

Poor Percy.... if SF can get by Carolina, this will (could) be another big edge to SF over Seattle, the health of the WRs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl
He could've possibly caught a break if the team had followed protocol and not put him back in after he suffered the initial head injury in the first place.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I expect Seattle to play better next weekend, whether it'll be enough, we'll see. Playing in the Kingdome should give them an advantage
Yessir, that place holds the noise in so well, so loud. Noise has nowhere to go, cannot escape. Deafening. The Starbucks Kingdome.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i think we all had a feeling it was going to come to this. i still got the niners. I just think they're the better team from top to bottom.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post

I just know it!
id say it has been pretty obvious for the majority of the season that the 49ers and seahawks are the two best teams in the league and one would win the division and the other would get the wild card, and they would inevitably meet in the playoffs. Well, here we are. It could have been a round earlier, but the Saints beat the Eagles so the 49ers ended up going to carolina before the grudge match in seattle…truth is no one else in the NFC was really equipped to beat either of these teams.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

anyone else think Marshawn Lynch is on steroids or some kind of performance-enhancers? Ive been a big fan of him throughout his career, and have followed him since high school, and I don't ever remember him being this stacked up. He is running with the same beast mode style, but it seems like he has some extra beast mode in him the last couple years. With all the other guys getting caught for PEDs in Seattle and in USC when Carroll was running it there, I can't help but wonder…

Regardless, I think Lynch is the key to this game. The 49ers have a great run defense, but for some reason have had issues stopping marshawn lynch. If the Seahawks can get their run game going and starting running PA bootlegs, they will be able to move the ball. If the 49ers can slow the run game and put them in third and long situations, Russell Wilson will likely struggle against that pass-rush. I think Lynchs performance will be a huge-deciding factor going forward.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Broncos are 2nd in the league in ped violations in the last few years. Knowshon must be popping roads to.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
anyone else think Marshawn Lynch is on steroids or some kind of performance-enhancers? ........With all the other guys getting caught for PEDs in Seattle and in USC when Carroll was running it there, I can't help but wonder….
How dare you make that accusation, suggestion, without proof.

Kidding.

You mean like Balco there in San Francisco with Barry Bonds, some advanced program going on right before our eyes, not getting caught?

Like the little lab in Florida where Arod was doing it.

Or the Bay Area again back in the day with the Bash Bros' Canseco and McGwire.

The PED's, Seadderal in Seattle?

Whatever those teams are using, it's not made its way to the cheese land yet.
But I think the evidence is pretty clear, relating to injuries, that once again the Bay Area is leading the way with the best and most advanced technology as they did with the Bash Bros and Bonds.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Checking weather.com, the forecast for the game in Seattle will be Mostly Cloudy, 48 degrees, 5mph wind and 0% chance of precipitation.

Hoping it stays that way. All I ask for is good weather.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Checking weather.com, the forecast for the game in Seattle will be Mostly Cloudy, 48 degrees, 5mph wind and 0% chance of precipitation.

You should also ask for Kaep to not piss himself like he has the first two times in Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whatever those teams are using, it's not made its way to the cheese land yet.
I found this hilarious especially considering Clay Mathews was primarily one of the rumored guys you would hear about. Then his body has been breaking down lately which is another sign of those types of players even if we ignored all the other signs. Everybody is using PED's, not just a few teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: wrong thread. Go Hawks.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-19-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010
You should also ask for Kaep to not piss himself like he has the first two times in Seattle.
Not worried about Kaepernick. Good weather, he has all his weapons. I'm more concerned about Roman/Harbaugh and the play calling than anything else. If they call a good game, I think that Kaepernick will play good and help the team win in Seattle.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I found this hilarious especially considering Clay Mathews was primarily one of the rumored guys you would hear about. Then his body has been breaking down lately which is another sign of those types of players even if we ignored all the other signs. Everybody is using PED's, not just a few teams.
Not the same exact ones.
You must admit there are different programs, different "new" things being used, tried, developed..... from BALCO to Biogenesis, etc. there are rogue programs which are unique from each other.

Matthews broke a thumb.
Cushing had his ACL torn by a cheap block into his knee from behind/side.
And then Charles drilled his planted knee and broke the leg.
Mauluga, Keith Rivers, but also Sean Lee, Vince Wilfork, Von Miller.... everyone gets hurt it's a violent game.
Except 49ers OL and LBers. Super luck.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

Not seeing any wind at all but the stadium is close to the waterfront so there might be a breeze there. Weather not a factor.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Classic look back at the Seahawks 2011 Draft, the night it ended, from NFL.com.

Richard Sherman was their 5th round pick.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photo...6-4ac5f533ed36
Old 01-19-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Classic look back at the Seahawks 2011 Draft, the night it ended, from NFL.com.

Richard Sherman was their 5th round pick.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photo...6-4ac5f533ed36
1. James Carpenter - Perpetually injured, but solid and a run-blocking force when healthy. Probably the most powerful player on the Seahawks offensive line.
3. John Moffit - Decent player who thought himself out of football.
4. KJ Wright - started 12 of 16 games his rookie year and started every game he's played in since then.
4. Kris Durham - didn't stick with the Seahawks but started 13 games for the Lions this year and posted career-highs of 38 catches, 490 yards and 2 TDs.
5. Richard Sherman - First-Team All-Pro
6. Mark LeGree - cut
6. Byron Maxwell - became a starter late this season and played extremely well, ended with 12 passes defensed and 4 interceptions, all in his 5 starts.
7. Lazarious Levingston - cut
7. Malcolm Smith - Spot starter and rotational player who ended up starting half the Seahawk's games this year and played very well.

A